Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

1 hour ago, Augie said:

You deflate the ball, not the hands. A magnetic ball would be attracted to the anvils. I was aware of the implications...Never mind....

Oops. I guess  I dropped the ball on that one.

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Oops. I guess  I dropped the ball on that one.

Join the club!   ?

Certainly not a big miss on your part...... I apologize to anyone who wasted a blink of their lives on that...

12 hours ago, Badanswer said:

Could be from that hit last year....looked bad but he came back in 2nd half but was out a few weeks after if I remember correctly

I wonder if it was when he kicked the window, the one he was trying to jump out of, naked.

18 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Zay's career is following the Karlos Williams trajectory imo. Started with high hopes, then one setback after another. The drops, the shoulder, the Zay for Jesus and now the knee. Not saying he can't turn it around. However thus many setbacks early typically derail a career before it really begins.

Karlos Williams played amazing in nearly every game he played

Zay has never played well in an actual game

• Like (+1) 4

15 hours ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

I think it is way too early to give up on the kid like many on here are doing.  Rookie WRs have not done well in recent years as it takes them awhile to learn the game.  Jones has good speed and size.  The Bills need him to be good.  

Seems like a lame argument considering...

Bills trade the 44th and 91st picks to select Zay Jones at #37 & also get back pick #149.

The next 2 WR's selected were JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cooper Kupp at #62 & #69, respectively.

Zay Jones (2017): 27 rec. for 317 yds & 2 TD's

Juju Smith-Schuster (2017): 58 rec. for 917 yds & 7 TD's

Cooper Kupp (2017): 62 rec. for 869 yds. & 5 TD's

35 minutes ago, DrDare said:

Karlos Williams played amazing in nearly every game he played

Zay has never played well in an actual game

Not to split hairs, but he really did. He showed well in the Jets game right before getting hurt. After that he wasn't really on the field as much as Thompson was getting more snaps. 

Knowing what we do now about the shoulder and the knee being "ongoing" I think it's fair to wonder if he wasnt used as much because they knew he was playing hurt and that limited his effectiveness.

Either way, starting a career with so many speed bumps rarely bodes well for a guys career. Which is my original point.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sarcasm?

Or thinking he needed to be able to use crutches after knee surgery, which he likely couldn't with the shoulder?

Not sarcasm. He had to have the labrum surgery first before the knee surgery. 

The ability to use crutches affects the time they needed to wait in between surgeries.  But the order of surgery was based on severity of injury and recovery time for each. If he had a torn ACL, for example, he would have had that done first regardless.

Edited by YoloinOhio

14 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

How many Bills Wrs would be stellar anywhere? None. Not one. zero nada  *

How many QBs are successful with pitiful WRs. Like last season. and maybe this coming season.

*      exception Patriot* All those those all become SB MVPS..

Zay is a unusually major disappointment.

Not saying Zay hasn't been disappointing, but I still believe the QB is key to a WR becoming good to great.

The next 2 WR's selected were JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cooper Kupp at #62 & #69, respectively.

You cannot tell me that Tyrod was as good a QB as Ben Rothlisberger and Jared Goff in the passing game. The talent of our WRs would need to be al universe to be able to match the better WRs in the league with Tyrod holding the ball and then running and refusing to throw slants.

• Like (+1) 3

7 hours ago, JackKemp said:

Not saying Zay hasn't been disappointing, but I still believe the QB is key to a WR becoming good to great.

The next 2 WR's selected were JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cooper Kupp at #62 & #69, respectively.

You cannot tell me that Tyrod was as good a QB as Ben Rothlisberger and Jared Goff in the passing game. The talent of our WRs would need to be al universe to be able to match the better WRs in the league with Tyrod holding the ball and then running and refusing to throw slants.

I watched him play. He never seemed to settle down. and he made plenty of mistakes in routine playing.Routes , getting separation and when to do it. Mental stuff really.

Stats without context are tough to draw conclusions from for me.
How many attempts did each of them get ? just for an example.

and yes if you compare any of the Buffalo Wrs to the rest of the league in general terms. they looked pretty weak across the board. So play calling and QBing affected all of them for sure.

I don't hate the kid, i just have no reason to feel he is untapped above average potential anymore.

Prove me wrong Isaiah !!

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Pepsi Commercial Oops GIF

So harsh with you people geesh

lol

☺️

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not sarcasm. He had to have the labrum surgery first before the knee surgery. 

The ability to use crutches affects the time they needed to wait in between surgeries.  But the order of surgery was based on severity of injury and recovery time for each. If he had a torn ACL, for example, he would have had that done first regardless.

OK, fair enough.