Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

Current Status:  Freaking Out Man!  O_O

@4JoshReed

#Bills WR Zay Jones has knee surgery and will miss the rest of spring. No timetable for his return. McDermott Believes he will play this season

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

“Was on a going thing”?

I think he meant it was an on-going thing.   

Too bad they didn't identify it until OTAs.   He could have had the surgery two months ago.   

It would be great if he gets back for training camp.   He needs.  

I'm higher on Jones than a lot of folks here.   Lots of rookie receivers struggle, so I don't think that what we saw in 2017 is necessarily what we're going to see in 2018 and going forward.   He showed several good things last year, and I get the sense that he's really committed to getting the job done, that he's the kind of guy McD likes.   The drops were horrible, but both in college and some his later games last season, he's shown he can catch the ball.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think he meant it was an on-going thing.   

Too bad they didn't identify it until OTAs.   He could have had the surgery two months ago.   

It would be great if he gets back for training camp.   He needs.  

I'm higher on Jones than a lot of folks here.   Lots of rookie receivers struggle, so I don't think that what we saw in 2017 is necessarily what we're going to see in 2018 and going forward.   He showed several good things last year, and I get the sense that he's really committed to getting the job done, that he's the kind of guy McD likes.   The drops were horrible, but both in college and some his later games last season, he's shown he can catch the ball.  

False.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I didn't realize he had a knee issue. Do we know the severity of the injury or the magnitude of the surgery?

Wasn't it the knee that was injured on that play in the Jets game, where he'd beaten his man going deep and the defender tripped him to prevent a big gain?   He was never right after that game.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1