Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's a well known fact that fighting for Jesus is rough on the knees.  Hopefully he finds another off-season hobby.  Perhaps bocce ball or something.

Would you consider your recently hurt wrist an "ongoing thing?"

Bocce on Saturday. Let’s gooooooo. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The timing does seem odd...   

I'm sure when pressed, he will say something along the lines of "At the end of the season, Zay had some minor knee pain that we thought would get better with rest, now here it is almost June, and it's not getting better, so he has to have surgery blah blah blah blah..."

It's all part of that stupid process everyone keeps talking about.  LOL

Edited by LabattBlue

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I watched him play last season, and then I watched him attack an unarmed hotel hallway.  That's what I'm basing it on.

Sure, the video showed the hallway was unarmed but in the heat of the moment and the fog of mind altering substances its not so easy to tell which is why I think these guys should all be wearing body cams all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

like you said, knock yourself out trading up for qbs.  But it makes little sense for other positions. Waste of capital.

I tend to agree.  Even going up for Edmunds may have been a mistake.  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Every team misses occasionally,  even the best teams in the league.....but to blame the pick on Whaley is a joke.  

Its been all McDermott since he was hired. 

And I’ll trust him on defensive players, especially d backs.  But it’s hard to blindly trust them with the offense.  It’s hasnt been great.

also, wasn’t a big reason we picked Zay was because we hired his former college coach?

zay seems like a good dude and I’m rooting for him.  But this is starting to have a Hardy type vibe.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Billy Zabka said:

If I am not mistaken...Whaley was the GM during the Zay draft.

McDermott drafted Tre, Dawkins and Milano but Whaley drafted Zay...

I think McD must have left the war room for a toilet break early in the 2nd round and when he came back he was like.. “Doug, I leave you alone for 5 minutes..”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Zay Jones career w/ the Bills:

Bills trade the 44th and 91st picks to select Zay Jones at #37 & also get back pick #149.

The next 2 WR's selected were JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cooper Kupp at #62 & #69, respectively.

Zay Jones (2017): 27 rec. for 317 yds & 2 TD's

Juju Smith-Schuster (2017): 58 rec. for 917 yds & 7 TD's

Cooper Kupp (2017): 62 rec. for 869 yds. & 5 TD's

Zay has a terrible case of the drops all season and all but admits his confidence is struggling

Zay has an offseason shoulder surgery

Zay's arrested in a scary, bizarre incident at an LA hotel

Zay has an unspecified knee surgery

About as poor a start as any Bills fan could've imagined.  Too bad too, because the next 2 WR's that went off the board look so much better than Zay right now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Estro said:

Bills trade the 44th and 91st picks to select Zay Jones at #37 & also get back pick #149.

The next 2 WR's selected were JuJu Smith-Schuster and Cooper Kupp at #62 & #69, respectively.

Zay has a terrible case of the drops all season and all but admits his confidence is struggling

About as poor a start as any Bills fan could've imagined.  Too bad too, because the next 2 WR's that went off the board look so much better than Zay right now.

Ouch!

If it is an ongoing problem it probably goes back to when he hyper-extended his knee last year. Doesn't worry me at this point.

4 minutes ago, Estro said:

A WR needs a QB to be successful. How many of our WRs were stellar with Tyrod at QB?

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

It's a well known fact that fighting for Jesus is rough on the knees.  Hopefully he finds another off-season hobby.  Perhaps bocce ball or something.

Would you consider your recently hurt wrist an "ongoing thing?"

Repetitive motion injury.  Zay should have gotten surgery on his brain.  Dude is mentally whacked out.