Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

22 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

I don't see Buffalo walking away from Jones because they traded up to 37 (from 44) to draft him last year.  That move cost them a 3rd (91st).

Still, he had a bad shoulder last season and now has had another surgery.  Gotta wonder about his durability at this point.

The Bills seem to do this frequently (moving up a handful of slots) and I'm not a fan of the tactic.

I don't mean moving up from 21 to 7 to get your QB of the future.....that's different.   It's locking into one guy in the 2d/3d round and giving up valuable assets when a guy might have been there anyway, but if not it's hardly a franchise changing event, and there are plenty of other needs/guys you could draft anyway.

Maybe it hasn't been that often, but you think about Ragland, Graham, Jones and those were wastes of extra picks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

man .....I am so tired about hearing about Zay jones and his bad hands.....a lot of boo birds out here dont take into consideration that sometimes zay wouldnt get an on ball target from tyrod until the 4th quarter of games that were really close in his rookie season were he was basically counted on as the top receiving option on a team that was having a lot of trouble with offensive consistency ........this kid had 399 receptions and over 4000 receiving yards in college and then went to the senior bowl against the top players in the country and had a terrific performance......Zay could have been better last year, i get it but I seriously believe he will be much better WR with a QB like AJ who can at least keep the passing game on task better than tyrod could......im not crapping on tyrod totally here , he did a lot of good things for our team but he was just not that good about keeping his receivers involved and in a rythym through out the game.

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Time will tell.  I won't trash this guy.  Life is a process.  Let's hope he thrives.  

TC, this is TBD - they guy hasn’t been an All-Pro yet and had to have surgery, time to send him to the glue factory! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

The Bills seem to do this frequently (moving up a handful of slots) and I'm not a fan of the tactic.

I don't mean moving up from 21 to 7 to get your QB of the future.....that's different.   It's locking into one guy in the 2d/3d round and giving up valuable assets when a guy might have been there anyway, but if not it's hardly a franchise changing event, and there are plenty of other needs/guys you could draft anyway.

Maybe it hasn't been that often, but you think about Ragland, Graham, Jones and those were wastes of extra picks.

Totally agree.  People love to rip Whaley but the new staff is doing it too.  It looks really bad when you could have stayed at 62 and drafted JuJu, who was really good for a school that has good track record for producing wrs.

like you said, knock yourself out trading up for qbs.  But it makes little sense for other positions. Waste of capital.

• Like (+1) 2

Correct me if I'm wrong (please):  But McDermott knew this was an on-going thing and he thought it was a good idea to wait until May for Zay to have surgery?  Is that accurate?

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Totally agree.  People love to rip Whaley but the new staff is doing it too.  It looks really bad when you could have stayed at 62 and drafted JuJu, who was really good for a school that has good track record for producing wrs.

like you said, knock yourself out trading up for qbs.  But it makes little sense for other positions. Waste of capital.

If I am not mistaken...Whaley was the GM during the Zay draft.

Edited by Billy Zabka

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Correct me if I'm wrong (please):  But McDermott knew this was an on-going thing and he thought it was a good idea to wait until May for Zay to have surgery?  Is that accurate?

Zay spent the early part of the offseason crusading. Football isn’t the most important thing in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Maybe he was recently injured.  I fell and broke my wrist two weeks ago.  

Just now, Commonsense said:

Zay spent the early part of the offseason crusading. Football isn’t the most important thing in the world. 

It's a well known fact that fighting for Jesus is rough on the knees.  Hopefully he finds another off-season hobby.  Perhaps bocce ball or something.

Just now, TC in St. Louis said:

Maybe he was recently injured.  I fell and broke my wrist two weeks ago.  

Would you consider your recently hurt wrist an "ongoing thing?"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The timing does seem odd...   

• Like (+1) 1