Zay Jones Had Knee Surgery and is Out for the Spring - Back to Practice without Restrictions

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Zay is happy to be alive and finally be back on the field.

I wish him good luck !

i haven’t gave up on the kid yet , I still believe he can be a real productive #2 WR for us !!

12 minutes ago, Putin said:

I wish him good luck !

i haven’t gave up on the kid yet , I still believe he can be a real productive #2 WR for us !!

Same here.  I trust Terry Robiskie can turn Zay around and quickly get him up to speed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Same here.  I trust Terry Robiskie can turn Zay around and quickly get him up to speed.

He has only had mental reps in the new offense and has quite a bit of catching up to do.   The Bills really need him to be the guy they were expecting as a 2nd round pick they traded up for. 

9 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He has only had mental reps in the new offense and has quite a bit of catching up to do.   The Bills really need him to be the guy they were expecting as a 2nd round pick they traded up for. 

Yep.  John Scott tweet is interesting.  It's a healthy reminder of his second chance in football and in life.

Buckle up your chin strap Zay and get to work!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Yep.  John Scott tweet is interesting.  It's a healthy reminder of his second chance in football and in life.

.damn right 'bro......non-football related "knee surgery" to repair a deep laceration during his "come to Jesus escapade" vaunted him to McD's "preferred (COUGH) list"....nothing like squandering a once if a lifetime opportunity that only 1,696 get each year.....

6 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.damn right 'bro......non-football related "knee surgery" to repair a deep laceration during his "come to Jesus escapade" vaunted him to McD's "preferred (COUGH) list"....nothing like squandering a once if a lifetime opportunity that only 1,696 get each year.....

I'm sure Zay and McDermott have had some long talks about the off season.

Hopefully all that will soon be in the rear view mirror for the young man.

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'm sure Zay and McDermott have had some long talks about the off season.

Hopefully all that will soon be in the rear view mirror for the young man.

...sure as hell hope so bud...kid DOES have some talent.......squandering a GOLDEN opportunity is beyond my "pay grade of comprehension".....

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sure as hell hope so bud...kid DOES have some talent.......squandering a GOLDEN opportunity is beyond my "pay grade of comprehension".....

Right you are.  On a lighter note, I'm sure glad that old "rotary" phone on our kitchen wall didn't take film of me when I was a kid.

We had a "party" line.  The whole town would of seen!

LOL

9 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Right you are.  On a lighter note, I'm sure glad that old "rotary" phone on our kitchen wall didn't take film of me when I was a kid.

We had a "party" line.  The whole town would of seen!

LOL

..LMAO!...so did we.....Hillside 5 02 08J.....perfect for nosy neighbors.....:thumbsup:..

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Maybe I am way out in left field with this thought, but if he’s using that day as a reminder/lesson, it gives me more hope that it isn’t some type of ongoing mental illness. 

Maybe it was just some type of mistake, like taking some type of substance that didn’t agree with him or something along those lines (which is much better than a mental illness IMO) 

Zay Jones thankful he can resume his career

Sunday marked not only the first practice of training camp for Zay Jones, but the first practice of the 2018 calendar year. To say it was a tumultuous offseason for the second-year receiver would be an understatement.

First, there was surgery for a torn labrum in January, an injury he played with through the second half of the season. Second, was the bizarre incident at an apartment complex in Los Angeles that left him bloody and injured. And finally knee surgery in the spring that cost him all of spring practice.

In his first interview with the media, questions gravitated to what happened in L.A. Jones chose not to get into detail, but clearly understands how fortunate he is that he can continue his playing career.

“McDermott and Beane, everyone has been in my corner,” Jones said. “This organization brought me here. They know what they have in me and the type of person I am and the character I uphold and the type of player I am. I don’t think they would’ve drafted me if they didn’t believe that. I’m grateful to be here with this organization. I want to see this organization move in the right direction and win ball games and that’s what I’m here to do.”

13 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Maybe I am way out in left field with this thought, but if he’s using that day as a reminder/lesson, it gives me more hope that it isn’t some type of ongoing mental illness. 

Maybe it was just some type of mistake, like taking some type of substance that didn’t agree with him or something along those lines (which is much better than a mental illness IMO) 

Lets be real.  There is no "left field" with any thoughts about what we all saw.

One can only hope he has a handle on whatever it was.

• Like (+1) 1

I liked Smith -Schuster in last years draft , and was disappointed the Bills passed on him. I was sold when I watched his workout at USC and saw his backstory and interaction with his family. I see a single mindedness of purpose in JJSS, when I see Zay Jones I see a “ thousand yard stare” into outer space. I hope I’m wrong . 

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

By the sounds of it you have the whole story? Please share.