Take A Minute to Appreciate This Forum

If you're like me, you come here more or less every day, sometimes three, four, five times a day, checking to see if there's any news (thanks to the guys who post Bills news wherever they find it!) and occasionally getting involved in discussions.   

It's great that folks invested the time and energy to create this forum and to keep it running.   The regular posters, the occasional commenters and the lurkers all get a lot of pleasure coming here (and some occasional aggravation whenOBD comes up with it's latest head-scratcher). 

Thanks to all involved. 

• Like (+1) 23
  • Thank you (+1) 8

People never want to hear about how the sausage is made, and we never do around here because of how smoothly things run without realizing the effort that a number of you put into this place.

I'll never tire of saying it...thank you.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have appreciated this site since I first started coming here many years ago. Thank you to those who had a vision, those that created it, and those who maintain and moderate it. In return, I try to conduct myself in a manner conducive to a healthy exchange of thoughts regarding our team. It is the least I can do for your hard work.

Thank You!

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

People never want to hear about how the sausage is made, and we never do around here because of how smoothly things run without realizing the effort that a number of you put into this place.

I'll never tire of saying it...thank you.

There's actually a very long thread about sausage making somewhere in the OTW archives.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

There's actually a very long thread about sausage making somewhere in the OTW archives.

I can read about it, but I don't have to hear about it.

?

Bocce-Balls, so these are the new emojis/emoticons!

I couldn't see them when posting on my ipad.

Thanks to the moderators who do an essential but thankless job. Because of the nature of their job they are more likely to receive complaints rather than accolades for their voluntary service. I say thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was on another private board for many years even while BBMB was active but I left recently because it seemed that everywhere I looked the conversation was toxic and only 2 or 3 voices seemed to get anyone’s attention. 

In my brief time here thus far I’ve felt welcome and equal and simply just a part of a fan base. So I’m thankful to be here and for these forums as well. It’s nice to have an outlet - especially as an out of towner who isn’t privy to the normal Bills exposure as many others. 

Edited by SoCoBills
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

I was on another private board for many years even while BBMB was active but I left recently because it seemed that everywhere I looked the conversation was toxic and only 2 or 3 voices seemed to get anyone’s attention. 

In my brief time here thus far I’ve felt welcome and equal and simply just a part of a fan base. So I’m thankful to be here and for these forums as well. It’s nice to have an outlet - especially as an out of towner who isn’t privy to the normal Bills exposure as many others. 

I think a lot of us are out of town.   If you live in WNY, you can have as many face-to-face conversations about the Bills as you'd like.   If you're out of town, there's no one to talk to except, in my case, Patriots fans.   

• Like (+1) 3

From time to time, I will go on other fan sites- the Pats* forum, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, and Chargers are several that I will frequent. None come even close to this site. The ease of use, the layout, the links and its efficiency are all outstanding, and better than every other football fan I have seen. But, what really sets this place apart is the knowledge base, discussion, and debate. Maybe it's the 17-year drought that weeded out the bandwagoners, the high standard of moderation, the constant effort of some of our more dedicated posters, or a combination of all of it, but this site is truly remarkable. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Shaw66 said:

I think a lot of us are out of town.   If you live in WNY, you can have as many face-to-face conversations about the Bills as you'd like.   If you're out of town, there's no one to talk to except, in my case, Patriots fans.   

Very true. I have lived in Los Angeles since '91, but born and raised in Rochester. There is a bar in town where the LA Bills Backers meet (Buzby's) that I'll go to a couple times a year. LA is a shallow crap-hole, and it's an enormous relief to be surrounded by Western New Yorkers from time to time. 

Indeed. Thanks to the mods for maintaining the site and thanks to the quality posters for contributing intelligent thoughts. Being 600 miles away from WNY makes it difficult to find other Bills fans to talk to, so it's great to get on this board a few times a day, see what's happening, and get peoples' take on it.

21 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

From time to time, I will go on other fan sites- the Pats* forum, Dolphins, Jets, Rams, and Chargers are several that I will frequent. None come even close to this site. The ease of use, the layout, the links and its efficiency are all outstanding, and better than every other football fan I have seen. But, what really sets this place apart is the knowledge base, discussion, and debate. Maybe it's the 17-year drought that weeded out the bandwagoners, the high standard of moderation, the constant effort of some of our more dedicated posters, or a combination of all of it, but this site is truly remarkable. 

Absolutely right - very few outright ignorant or abusive posters [see Jets and Dolphins forums, in particular], but the quality of the forum and the posts is much better than I've seen elsewhere - many very clever and/or funny posts.