What are your plans for this weekend?

mead107

Hopefully the boat splashes tomorrow, once it is in, Blue Angels air show at Jones Beach Saturday and Sunday, bonus round, Friday they do a full practice to get the landmarks down and get familiar with the terrain. From our vantagepoint on the boat they come in low on the backside of the boardwalk to surprise the crowd, so we are about 40 feet under them as they pass over us. An awesome show if you ever get a chance to catch one.

Watching the Champions League final Saturday (Go Liverpool) and yard work tomorrow are the only things I have set time frames for. Im off until Wednesday so I hope to have a lot of backyard sitting by the fire pit. Tonight i need to try and diagnose where the short is in my mower so I can get back to riding and stop pushing.

Took tomorrow off.  Golf with beer and cigars followed by more beer at a friend's place.  Girl taking me to brunch on Saturday, after that more drinking, not sure where yet.  Might take a break on Sunday.  Might not.  Monday golf with beer and cigars with a BBQ in the afternoon.  Then up early Tuesday morning to go to the city for work.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's jus enough for the lovely ladies to tote, combined.  You get the other 425 pounds! ?

The minivan will be packed!

1 hour ago, Guffalo said:

Hopefully the boat splashes tomorrow, once it is in, Blue Angels air show at Jones Beach Saturday and Sunday, bonus round, Friday they do a full practice to get the landmarks down and get familiar with the terrain. From our vantagepoint on the boat they come in low on the backside of the boardwalk to surprise the crowd, so we are about 40 feet under them as they pass over us. An awesome show if you ever get a chance to catch one.

I caught them buzzing the SF skyline two years ago right after I moved here.   Scared the sh-- out of me on the first pass, 9/11 flashbacks!

14 hours ago, Augie said:

How far? Sounds like an Uber or an over-night. 

God bless you! That sounds quintessential All American holiday.  

(PM me your address.  ?

Yeah I wanna go..!

Edited by Dante

Going golfing tomorrow at Byrnecliff & then got my daughter's softball at night(unfortunately I got to be there, I am the head coach lol).  Then Saturday going over my sisters for a bit & then going up to Fox Valley for a late round in the evening with my son.  Actually he is taking me out as a guest as I got him a junior membership there for his birthday this year.  Probably stop off at Frank's on the way home for some wings & beer(root beer for my son he is only 14).  Then Sunday, enjoying the nice weather, watching some ball games out on the patio, get some use out of the pool, going to grill some lobster tails & some ribeyes.  My parents & my wife's parents are coming over.  Going to drink all day & really tie one on.  Looking forward to it.  Monday just hang around the house & have a few beers while watching the ball games.  Nothing crazy. 

Edited by Gordio

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Watch it rain, a lot. They are predicting up to 7" of rain here.

Yeah it looks pretty nice in WNY.  Low 80s, a chance of a thunderstorm Sun/Mon but nothing crazy.  Hopefully Kevin Occonnel is right for a change. 

A few people over Saturday. 

Behind our house, there is about 1/4 mile wide gully, mini valley. On the other side, there is a guy(don't know him) with a huge house and a nice backyard. No fence as it's pretty open with no houses around really. Usually, he has a big party on Memorial Day Sunday. A live band (country) and it looks awesome. I think every pickup truck in our town (except for mine ?) is parked on his long a$$ driveway and on the street above.

8 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Willie Nelson Saturday

May go see him Friday too but would have to blow off a date. Don't wanna do that.

Sunday and Monday will be farm work, with my ballerina coming to see me Sunday I hope.

You may not know this, but I'm a fan of classic country.

• Haha (+1) 1