Dorian Green-Beckham

12 hours ago, whatdrought said:

This kid is proof that succeeding in the NFL is 10% talent and the rest is hard work and dedication. Always hoped for big things from him, but alas, it's not gonna happen. 

I read a round-table interview with several athletes from different sports, one of which was former Browns/Bengals receiver Andrew Hawkins. He said when he entered the NFL, he assumed every player was an elite, world-class athlete. What he found out, was that about 50% of the players in the league are elite athletes. I'm not a mathologist but that's something like 4-6 elite players on each team. The rest of the guys are all about even in terms of athleticism, playing and earning a spot all comes down to hard work and availability. DGB lacks in both of those areas. His work ethic is low and he's had injuries from day one.

Also, I'm surprised (I shouldn't be) that some fans still aren't familiar with which players are "process" guys and which aren't. DGB is about as far away from being a McDermott guy as anybody. (PS - whatdrought, this statement here is not directed at you, just an overall general thought.)

I appreciate the input and I won’t debate people’s opinions but this administration so far hasn’t impressed me too much with their WR decisions. I can understand the Watkins trade but Jordan Matthews, Zay Jones and even Kelvin Benjamin has been underwhelming to say the least. So to say that DGB is not a good fit for the “process” only makes me wonder who exactly is a good fit for the process because Streater and Andre Holmes is not going to get it done.

11 hours ago, Clyde Smith said:

I rather stick with Malachi Dupree and see what he’s about. He’s already on the roster

Yup, lets see what Foster, Dupree, Proehl have before signing other team's busts, over the hill guys or JAGs. If we have a JAG WR corps I'd rather them be young with upside and lower cap hits.

• Like (+1) 1