Jarvis Landry considers himself the “best receiver in the NFL”

On 5/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, aristocrat said:

he better pray tyrod sits so he keeps his numbers up otherwise it will be a rough year. he is a very good wr and one of those pain in the butt guys like welker and edelman that get there yards threw sheer volume.  if baker is legit they can put up some real nice numbers together.  I would have no problem paying him that money if he puts up 11-1200 yards per year like he usually does.  People act like him catching all those balls is somehow a bad thing for him. 

Absolutely.  He’s not a fit for TT at all. His game needs a QB with anticipation, accuracy and timing.  He’ll founder until Mayfield hits the field, then it’ll depend on Mayfield.  Baker’s skill set is right in line with Landry’s so if he’s the real deal they could be stellar with a clean Gordon.  Lots has to happen though.  I will reserve judgement until Mayfield gets rolling.  

I vote with AB as the best... OBJ is great though but distracts from the team too much to be the best... Also, the Landry statement is absolutely asinine. Hes had what like 430 receptions in four years with like 3900yds and less than 20TD... Best at what Jarvis? Wtf are you talking about? Are you with Ko Simpson again? 

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

I don't think you see those plays from AB as often as you think, he hasn't had a 50+ yard TD in years.

To me, it's OBJ - Antonio - Julio at the top of the WR charts, and they are all pretty close. 

First, AB didn’t have a 50+ TD just the last 2 years...so that’s kind of an exaggerated statement you made on how long it’s been and he still had 50+ yard plays during that time.

Secondly, 50+ yard TD’s don’t define who the best WR is as you’re talking about a play or two a year at most.  And if that was the definition than T. Hill would be the best, and we all know he’s not the best WR.

When I compare AB and OBJ in all areas...AB is a better route runner, has better hands, is a smarter football player, has a better attitude, is more consistent, and more durable than OBJ.  I personally don’t care if OBJ had a longer TD than him on one or two plays.  It’s a 16 game season, I care about what happens on every play each week.

AB > OBJ in my opinion and I don’t think it’s as close as you do.  I do agree with you that OBJ and Julio are tightly grouped behind AB though.

All good though, I get why people would look at OBJ at the top of the list...I just don’t see it the same way

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

First, AB didn’t have a 50+ TD just the last 2 years...so that’s kind of an exaggerated statement you made on how long it’s been and he still had 50+ yard plays during that time.

Secondly, 50+ yard TD’s don’t define who the best WR is as you’re talking about a play or two a year at most.  And if that was the definition than T. Hill would be the best, and we all know he’s not the best WR.

When I compare AB and OBJ in all areas...AB is a better route runner, has better hands, is a smarter football player, has a better attitude, is more consistent, and more durable than OBJ.  I personally don’t care if OBJ had a longer TD than him on one or two plays.  It’s a 16 game season, I care about what happens on every play each week.

AB > OBJ in my opinion and I don’t think it’s as close as you do.  I do agree with you that OBJ and Julio are tightly grouped behind AB though.

All good though, I get why people would look at OBJ at the top of the list...I just don’t see it the same way

You have one of those three guys on your team and your offense will be pretty explosive. 

When all is said and done, they are each trending HOF status. 

On 5/23/2018 at 8:10 PM, YoloinOhio said:

best of luck 

Wow.  A wide reciver has a high opinion of himself.  News.

Btw, I want my receivers to think that.  And..... he's kicked our ass.  Not the fins, but Landry has.??

Edited by JaxBills

8 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Healthier yes better no.

He’s better. Landry is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Watkins is not. And he’s probably not close. Moving up for him was almost as dumb as taking Spiller when we had Fred and Marshawn. At the time I didn’t think so, but looking back...just terrible.

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s better. Landry is a top 10 WR in the NFL. Watkins is not. And he’s probably not close. Moving up for him was almost as dumb as taking Spiller when we had Fred and Marshawn. At the time I didn’t think so, but looking back...just terrible.

There is a 9 game stretch of an almost healthy Watkins that would beg to differ. 

I can't argue with it being a bad trade because regardless of his future we got very little out of him due to injuries.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The NFL sure doesn't think that Landry is better than Watkins: His trade value was significantly lower, and he got less money in terms of AAV and percentage fully guaranteed.

I said it when he was traded: if you can pluck an UDFA like Adam Thielen and see him produce similar numbers, then how good can Landry really be?  

He's a good player, but he's not in the same discussion as the WR1s of this league.

22 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

There is a 9 game stretch of an almost healthy Watkins that would beg to differ. 

I can't argue with it being a bad trade because regardless of his future we got very little out of him due to injuries.

There is a 4 season stretch of Landry that would laugh at 9 games of Watkins.

18 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The NFL sure doesn't think that Landry is better than Watkins: His trade value was significantly lower, and he got less money in terms of AAV and percentage fully guaranteed.

I said it when he was traded: if you can pluck an UDFA like Adam Thielen and see him produce similar numbers, then how good can Landry really be?  

He's a good player, but he's not in the same discussion as the WR1s of this league.

He absolutely is. He is an underneath guy that will catch 100 passes a year. I’m pretty sure he has the most catches in NFL history for this length of a career. Landry is the type of WR that plays well every week and won’t be taken away by defensive game plans. I would take Landry over Watkins, any where, any time. This is not even factoring in how often Sammy is available.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

There is a 4 season stretch of Landry that would laugh at 9 games of Watkins.

He absolutely is. He is an underneath guy that will catch 100 passes a year. I’m pretty sure he has the most catches in NFL history for this length of a career. Landry is the type of WR that plays well every week and won’t be taken away by defensive game plans. I would take Landry over Watkins, any where, any time. This is not even factoring in how often Sammy is available.

Landry won't be taken away by game plans because there isn't a defensive coordinator alive that shapes his game plan around stopping Jarvis Landry.

Look at the group of WRs that get over 120 targets and compare their efficiency metrics--he's way, way behind the others.

Again I say: you can force targets to a slot guy and he'll rack up numbers; look no further than a guy like Thielen last year.

Do you really believe that a guy like Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, or DeAndre Hopkins would garner only 2 mid round picks in a trade?

If so, well, we aren't going to find common ground on this subject.

EDIT: and as for Watkins' 9 game stretch in 2015, no, there's no 16-game stretch in Landry's career that stacks up to that. Sammy had availability issues for sure, but that 9-game run in 2015 was perhaps the best half-season by a WR in the last decade.

Edited by thebandit27

On 5/23/2018 at 9:27 PM, YoloinOhio said:

For sure. 

I actually think Duke Johnson, who is more of a hybrid RB/WR, can play Landry’s position as well or better than he can given the chance. 

Christian McCaffrey can do what he does and more. He's a Patriots wet dream... So stay on the Panthers Christian