Jarvis Landry considers himself the “best receiver in the NFL”

15 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s certainly better then the guy we traded up to take ahead of him....

Oh you are going to so get flamed for suggesting he’s better than elite top 5 super legend decoy 

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Antonio Brown

2 hours ago, Paulus said:

Who is the best WR then?

Julio AJG and OBJ up there as well

Mike Evans and Pierre Thomas are on the rise. 

I like them all over Landry but he’s not too far behind 

I take him for what he is, and that's a good possession receiver.  Looking at statistics like TD's/Reception, Yards/Game, Yards/Reception; he's got good numbers.  He isn't even in the discussion though when you start talking about guys like Antonio Brown, OBJ, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, or even A.J. Green.  When I think of guys that are "move the sticks" or "catch that TD pass" type of players, he's not up there on the list.  As far as him saying he's the best, I roll my eyes at that type of comment.  We as fans want our players to be confident.  When they are, then we criticize them for it.  What should he say?  "Hey, I'm top ten, but definitely not better than X, Y, Z".  That would be a dumb statement to have to come back to around contract renewal time.

6 minutes ago, musichunch said:

Great receiver. Your thoughts create your reality, people. Watch him blow up. 

“Zay Jones is the best receiver in the NFL.”

how long do I need to wait 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

“Zay Jones is the best receiver in the NFL.”

how long do I need to wait 

At least until he recovers from his knee surgery.

Love that our #1 and #2 guys both had off-season knee surgery, and one also tried to jump out a window naked.

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh you are going to so get flamed for suggesting he’s better than elite top 5 super legend decoy 

If Josh Gordon can stay off the jazz cabbage he's the best WR on that team and Landry isn't close.   Gordon actually has OBJ type talent/AJ Green Talent/Julio talent.    

3 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Michael Thomas.

• Like (+1) 2

Never understood why people react to this.  I mean, what do you expect him to say?  I for one want my WR's feeling like they are the best in the NFL.  

And its not like he is some scrub saying this.  He had a ton of catches playing on a bad offense with mostly bad QB play.  He had a low YPC in 2017, but had 12.2 in 2016.  He caught over 200 balls the last 2 years, I mean this isn't shocking really to think he is confident in his game.  He knows people won't believe him or agree, but nothing wrong with him believing it.

That being said, AB is the best WR in football without question.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, anything but that?  There are plenty of star athletes who don't feel the need to boast about their "greatness."

I mean I generally agree.  I personally like those guys better.  But to be a “star” athlete, you kinda need to think like that.  Plus, he’s a huge douche.

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Never understood why people react to this.  I mean, what do you expect him to say?  I for one want my WR's feeling like they are the best in the NFL.  

And its not like he is some scrub saying this.  He had a ton of catches playing on a bad offense with mostly bad QB play.  He had a low YPC in 2017, but had 12.2 in 2016.  He caught over 200 balls the last 2 years, I mean this isn't shocking really to think he is confident in his game.  He knows people won't believe him or agree, but nothing wrong with him believing it.

Agreed.  But it’s why these receiver records are so stupid.  Imagine if we feed Sammy the ball when he was here like Miami did with Landry.  Looking back, it’s what we should have been doing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Nitpicking here, but I think it's OBJ.  

AB will nickle and dime you on the 13 yard routes, but OBJ will take that quick slant 80 yards, or burn your corner on a 60 yard bomb. 

2 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Nitpicking here, but I think it's OBJ.  

AB will nickle and dime you on the 13 yard routes, but OBJ will take that quick slant 80 yards, or burn your corner on a 60 yard bomb. 

And to equally nit pick...you just described AB too.  He can take it to the house on any given play and also on ST too.  AB is actually more explosive than OBJ IMO with better hands, focus, and attitude to go with it.  OBJ has made some circus catches he can probably only make, but he also drops passes and is less consistent than AB, not to mention less dependable from an injury stand point.  

But I get why people would make a case for OBJ, I just don't particularly share that opinion and I think AB is unquestionably the best WR in football, and its not really close IMO.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

And to equally nit pick...you just described AB too.  He can take it to the house on any given play and also on ST too.  AB is actually more explosive than OBJ IMO with better hands, focus, and attitude to go with it.  OBJ has made some circus catches he can probably only make, but he also drops passes and is less consistent than AB, not to mention less dependable from an injury stand point.  

But I get why people would make a case for OBJ, I just don't particularly share that opinion and I think AB is unquestionably the best WR in football, and its not really close IMO.  

I don't think you see those plays from AB as often as you think, he hasn't had a 50+ yard TD in years.

To me, it's OBJ - Antonio - Julio at the top of the WR charts, and they are all pretty close. 

Edited by TheElectricCompany
  • Like (+1) 1