Kim Pegula on a New Stadium: "I Don't Even Know If We Can Get There"

On 5/23/2018 at 2:52 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Difference is that in NYS the tax for the public funding can be enacted without a vote whereas in Cali it had to get on the ballot and then get voted in, which of course didn’t happen and Spanos was too cheap to build it himself. 

Good point. 

Ranking all 31 NFL stadiums, from worst to best

#21    New Era Field (Bills)

Open since: 1973
Capacity: 71,870

Rich-turned Ralph Wilson-turned New Era, Buffalo’s home in Orchard Park, N.Y., has been central to the some of the most loyal and hungry NFL fans. It has the same community feel as that of Lambeau Field, but it could use more updating.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/nfl-stadiums-ranking-best-worst-cowboys-raiders-packers/dky07jdst5w1mcy7cgsm7q6s

On 5/28/2018 at 10:25 AM, Limeaid said:

It was mentioned early in thread yes but posters reminded us that even the playoff games did not sell out when Bills were at height of Superbowl years.  The stadium was a bit larger but expect same thing would happen including late games not sold out late in season like NFL imposed on Bills (not a coincidence I think) this year.  Bills should try to find some "events" making stadium less available in December.

I suspect it would be completely different now.

As you mentioned, many less seats.  Now there is the internet, and internet ticket sales (and good teams now start to sell playoff tickets in November).  I remember they started selling playoff tickets the week of in many cases.  There is also a secondary market that is done anonymously and online, as opposed to a shady guy on the corner.  The NFL and the Bills are also more popular than ever.  We didn't have nearly the same level of support from Rochester and Southern Ontario.  There is also a much higher % of a season ticket holder base (who is going to punt on buying their playoff tickets?)

I will go out on a limb and say our first home playoff game will be sold to the rafters with the secondary market 200-300% markup... along with a locked in waiting list for season tickets moving forward (as they will offer the ability to purchase playoff tickets for a season ticket deposit for the following season).

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/27/2018 at 8:15 AM, judman said:

Heinz field opened in 2001 at a cost of $288M in 2017 dollars (per Wikipedia). I’ve been there. Nice enough stadium at a reasonable price.

If the team wants new digs, it can be done reasonably. 

It better have a roof or else you should just keep what we have. A new open-air stadium would be a waste of money.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, ALF said:

Ranking all 31 NFL stadiums, from worst to best

#21    New Era Field (Bills)

Open since: 1973
Capacity: 71,870

Rich-turned Ralph Wilson-turned New Era, Buffalo’s home in Orchard Park, N.Y., has been central to the some of the most loyal and hungry NFL fans. It has the same community feel as that of Lambeau Field, but it could use more updating.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/list/nfl-stadiums-ranking-best-worst-cowboys-raiders-packers/dky07jdst5w1mcy7cgsm7q6s

List of stadiums for those who do not want to deal with 31 pages using flash for nothing other than showing a static picture

Two underlined are temporary ones.  And I disagree on ranking of Arizona one since they have obstructed seats behind pillars which you cannot see the game.

31 FedEx Field (Redskins) 
 30 Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Raiders) 
 29 StubHub Center (Chargers)

28 Soldier Field (Bears) 
 27 Los Angeles Coliseum (Rams) 
 26 Hard Rock Stadium (Dolphins) 
 25 TIAA Bank Field (Jaguars) 
 24 Bank of America Stadium (Panthers) 
 23 FirstEnergy Stadium (Browns) 
 22 Paul Brown Stadium (Bengals) 
 21 New Era Field (Bills) 
 20 Raymond James Stadium (Buccaneers) 
 19 Nissan Stadium (Titans) 
 18 M&T Bank Stadium (Ravens)
 17 MetLife Stadium (Giants and Jets) 
 16 Gillette Stadium (Patriots) 
 15 Sports Authority Field at Mile High (Broncos) 
 14 Lucas Oil Stadium (Colts) 
 13 Ford Field (Lions)  
 12 NRG Stadium (Texans) 
 11 Lincoln Financial Field (Eagles) 
 10 Mercedes-Benz Stadium (Falcons) 
 09 U.S. Bank Stadium (Vikings) 
 08 University of Phoenix Stadium (Cardinals)
 07 Levi’s Stadium (49ers) 
 06 Mercedes-Benz Superdome (Saints)
 05 Heinz Field (Steelers) 
 04 Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs) 
 03 AT&T Stadium (Cowboys) 
 02 CenturyLink Field (Seahawks) 
 01 Lambeau Field (Packers)  

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

I suspect it would be completely different now.

As you mentioned, many less seats.  Now there is the internet, and internet ticket sales (and good teams now start to sell playoff tickets in November).  I remember they started selling playoff tickets the week of in many cases.  There is also a secondary market that is done anonymously and online, as opposed to a shady guy on the corner.  The NFL and the Bills are also more popular than ever.  We didn't have nearly the same level of support from Rochester and Southern Ontario.  There is also a much higher % of a season ticket holder base (who is going to punt on buying their playoff tickets?)

I will go out on a limb and say our first home playoff game will be sold to the rafters with the secondary market 200-300% markup... along with a locked in waiting list for season tickets moving forward (as they will offer the ability to purchase playoff tickets for a season ticket deposit for the following season).

I'd also add flying and getting to away games is easier and cheaper than it was in the early 90s

I can't see a playoff game in buffalo not being a sell out