Kim Pegula on a New Stadium: "I Don't Even Know If We Can Get There"

There should be plenty of money flying around when all of this gambling stuff gets going.  The state will have a huge new revenue stream and I am sure the league and teams will benefit greatly as well.  The league makes BILLIONS every year as it is and the revenue will only keep growing.  It's up to the rich people to figure out a rich people's problem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Buffalo will never get a Super Bowl.  They do not have enough hotel rooms and neither putting hotel barges on Niagara river or using hotel rooms in Niagara Falls, Canada count.

Renovation Priorities IMO:

• The structural issues should be looked at
  • Upgrade the field so they could try to reduce number of injuries
  • Modify entrances so to prevent the traffic jams which have happened in past

Considering Lake Erie is frozen over in February, even if they wanted to, bringing in "floating hotels" would be out of the question. ;) 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

Considering Lake Erie is frozen over in February, even if they wanted to, bringing in "floating hotels" would be out of the question. ;) 

I was not considering houses like they use in ice fishing hence reason I cited Niagara river not Lake Erie. Grew up in WNY and fished on Lake Erie including the winter.

Just now, Limeaid said:

I was not considering houses like they use in ice fishing hence reason I cited Niagara river not Lake Erie. Grew up in WNY and fished on Lake Erie including the winter.

Well how else would you get to the Niagara River without going through the Lake? LOL

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Well how else would you get to the Niagara River without going through the Lake? LOL

Well I did say barges which could be towed but the whole point was in past someone cited Jacksonville as a example of team getting Superbowl without adequate number of rooms.

It used extra housing on river/ocean to boost room stock for game.

I think the NFL will be difficult about the stadium.  I have no idea what kind of leverage they have in this situation, but Goodell has raised the stadium issue a number of times and I think NFL may do something to force the issue at some point in the future if no progress is made towards a new stadium or significant upgrade of the current stadium.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, sven233 said:

There should be plenty of money flying around when all of this gambling stuff gets going.  The state will have a huge new revenue stream and I am sure the league and teams will benefit greatly as well.  The league makes BILLIONS every year as it is and the revenue will only keep growing.  It's up to the rich people to figure out a rich people's problem.

gambling and weed the streets should be paved with gold   

1 minute ago, jahnyc said:

I think the NFL will be difficult about the stadium.  I have no idea what kind of leverage they have in this situation, but Goodell has raised the stadium issue a number of times and I think NFL may do something to force the issue at some point in the future if no progress is made towards a new stadium or significant upgrade of the current stadium.

i agree.  I think the league can f with you in subtle ways, like when your home games are held, and how your schedule is set up 

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't understand why the NFL wants us to have a new stadium so bad. Our stadium may be old and outdated but it's not as old as some stadiums in the league. Lambeau Field was built in the 1950's and you don't ever hear anyone saying the Packers need a new stadium. Same with Soldier Field in Chicago. Those stadiums are older than our stadium which was built in 1973. They recently updated Soldier Field and that's ok but we update New Era Field and it's not good enough? Doesn't make sense

Yeah, and why is it ok to play a future Super Bowl in New Orleans if new stadiums are so crucial? 

I like the canopy they put up in Miami.  Maybe I'm getting old, but I don't like roasting in the sun in the beginning or September or when it's raining and 33 degrees outside in December.

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Levi's or Candlestick? And why the worst?

Levi's.  Worst amenities and crowd flow.  Literally 1 hour wait at the concessions. 

3 hours ago, john wawrow said:

yes. the pegulas are spanos.

it's exactly the same situation.

they're packing it all up and moving everything. the bills. sabres. harborcenter. even going to confiscate the sod they put down at canalside and take that with them.

smh

jw

I dont know who I'm more pissed at, Pegula or Dunkirk Don. 

Follow the money my a$s!

• Like (+1) 1

If the next set of rennovations will be 600 million + might as well get a new stadium instead. I dont think this is something that needs to be done right away. And for a new stadium I dont see why it cant be more like a hienz field type stadium (more affordable) and has to be like these super fancy ones

I don’t understand the planning of all this....

Been a fan for 30 years, seems as if the talk of a new stadium has been talked about for half that time. So over the last 10-15 years the city of Buffalo, the Team with ticket sells, state of New York etc... could have created a tax credit, like raised the price of a ticket 5-10% and that tax would go towards a future stadium. State could have done something similar.

Its poor planning, poor investing etc. 

If measures were taken 15 years ago  I feel a $1B stadium could be half paid for.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1