Kim Pegula on a New Stadium: "I Don't Even Know If We Can Get There"

6 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Again, I feel like you're going full Mayberry here.

These are billionaires we're talking about here. Hey, you could be right. This could all be philanthropy of a sort. All I'm saying is I kinda doubt it.

With the sale of the Panthers yesterday their investment has already gone way up.  They don't need a stadium that nobody wants to pay for 

Just now, corta765 said:

That's not true It truthfully depends on the type of stadium. If the Bills do a mix of SEA/PIT/DET/IND its about 400-500 million which won't kill ticket prices. You are correct if they do a Vikings/Falcons type billion dollar project.

500 million seems light.   

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

With the sale of the Panthers yesterday their investment has already gone way up.  They don't need a stadium that nobody wants to pay for 

It's not exactly liquid cash, though, is it?

Can't take an ATM card to a machine and withdraw a billion dollars of team value.

Just now, corta765 said:

That's not true It truthfully depends on the type of stadium. If the Bills do a mix of SEA/PIT/DET/IND its about 400-500 million which won't kill ticket prices. You are correct if they do a Vikings/Falcons type billion dollar project.

I don't see another outdoor stadium being built. If they do, it'll be a multipurpose domed/retractable roof stadium, designed to attract a Super Bowl, College Bowl games, etc.

3 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

It's a shame stadiums have to be nice now. The Ralph is great for watching football. I could care less about all the other amenities. I guess most people need more than just football at games now#firstworldproblems

Sports stadiums are now about the experience the whole time. I understand the tailgating I love doing it myself, but a lot of teams want the groups on parties and development that is there own for money or just people to be at. If your the Bills whats more lucrative having the majority of your fans just tailgate OR say 45% tailgate while more families and groups of people enjoy things hosted by the team that brings in revenue. That is everything in a nutshell.

If it was just about watching football your 100% accurate the Ralph has been rated the best site lines in the game straight up.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I do all my eating and drinking while tailgating. Might get a popcorn and a coke or something inside. 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

It's not exactly liquid cash, though, is it?

Can't take an ATM card to a machine and withdraw a billion dollars of team value.

no but you can borrow against it so it is easy to make it liquid.  Plus i don't think you have to worry about the pegs needing cash on hand  

5 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

of course but she is protecting the fans by not building one.  Keeping the cost down 

She is saying exactly what she is saying, I think. She’s not sure if they can get there. They are considering it and looking at options. I seriously don’t think it has anything to do with actually moving the team, despite the leap some others have made. 

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

no but you can borrow against it so it is easy to make it liquid.  Plus i don't think you have to worry about the pegs needing cash on hand  

She just said they don't have the money laying around.

:lol:

9 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

so we need to spend 1.4 billion so kids don't see drunks ?   I grew up going to Yankees stadium , they kids will be fine        

No you spend 1.4 billion because instead of drunks tailgating spending no money in your stadium, you have families spending $100-200 apiece on your development with the stadium. Read up on the Atlanta Braves stadium/city they basically built. Teams want you there all day and night to spend money its not just the game in the least anymore in fact that's the last thing. A new stadium that non football season allows tours, a team experience, shopping, restaurants etc.. is a ton of money. Pegula is friends with Robert Kraft and loves patriot place which is exactly that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, billspro said:

There is nothing wrong with the Bills stadium. It’s a waste of tax money to pay for a stadium. They should be discussing this in 20 years, not now. 

I wouldn't go that far - have you ever looked under the upper deck?  It's all rusting and cracking, definitely needs some love.

That said, this can only mean #HammersLotForEver !!

2 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Oh where is Chuck Schumer ??????? He will be jumping on this shortly. Just watch.

I'm sure he will.  He could always offer up some of the NYS Toll money that they use to not fix the thruway roads.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You'd think if they updated soldier field and Lambeau it could be done. I'm not sure the Pegulas are feeling that, however.

Just toured Soldier...that is not a redo, that's a whole new stadium inside the walls of the old stadium. Ugly as sin! 

36 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Sounds like the baby steps of moving the team.  Saw the same thing with Chargers (I live in Southern California).  Spanos kept saying it can’t be done even though he had options.  His option A was too lofty to achieve and decided to go.  Planned failure with built in excuse to leave. 

OMFG

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

I know this is a very polarizing topic, and the funny thing is I don’t care very much. I love going to games at the Ralph, and I’d be fine with a new stadium. I’m just glad they are still in WNY. 

The problem is it isn't so old as to be historical, vintage, and cool, like Wrigley Field or Fenway.

But it certainly isn't modern and comfortable either.

It's just old and ****ty.   :lol:

Honestly though, what they do with the stadium bothers me about as much as our 2018 NFL Draft baseball caps.

It's not a big deal one way or the other.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I don't see another outdoor stadium being built. If they do, it'll be a multipurpose domed/retractable roof stadium, designed to attract a Super Bowl, College Bowl games, etc.

Neither do I was just using the cost figure more than anything. I would an expect an indoor dome or glass thingy like Minnesota.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I'm sure he will.  He could always offer up some of the NYS Toll money that they use to no fix the thruway roads.

Maybe NYS allocates gambling revenues towards a new stadium after they implement a sports betting law. 

• Thank you (+1) 1