Kim Pegula on a New Stadium: "I Don't Even Know If We Can Get There"

I don't understand why the NFL wants us to have a new stadium so bad. Our stadium may be old and outdated but it's not as old as some stadiums in the league. Lambeau Field was built in the 1950's and you don't ever hear anyone saying the Packers need a new stadium. Same with Soldier Field in Chicago. Those stadiums are older than our stadium which was built in 1973. They recently updated Soldier Field and that's ok but we update New Era Field and it's not good enough? Doesn't make sense

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I am not sure how anybody is reading her statement as a threat to leave.  She is simply saying , we are not spending 1.4 billion of our money      

It's implied.

She knows that the state won't pitch squat into the project. Same for the county. She knows the fans won't pay more for seats or PSLs, and she knows she won't pay out of pocket for it.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to do that math. I'll guaran!@#$ingtee you that if the **** hits the fan, and none of the above are feasible, San Antonio will be more than happy to build a shiny new home for the Bills.

Edited by joesixpack

2 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

I am not sure how anybody is reading her statement as a threat to leave.  She is simply saying , we are not spending 1.4 billion of our money      

.....again. 

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

It's implied.

She knows that the state won't pitch squat into the project. Same for the county. She knows the fans won't pay more for seats or PSLs, and she knows she won't pay out of pocket for it.

Doesn't take a rocket surgeon to do that math.

nothing is implied except that will not be a new Stadium.  not that they are going shopping for a new location 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

why don't you feel comfortable 

i know.   The Pegs have to chance the narrative from a new stadium to we love the tradition of our place.   

I don't want to hear how Buffalo fans can't afford the modern NFL. Russ Brandon made it his job to do that.

Just now, baskingridgebillsfan said:

nothing is implied except that will not be a new Stadium.  not that they are going shopping for a new location 

What's the view like of the sand?

:P

I wish I had that kind of non-cynical worldview. But I know better.

13 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Sounds like the baby steps of moving the team.  Saw the same thing with Chargers (I live in Southern California).  Spanos kept saying it can’t be done even though he had options.  His option A was too lofty to achieve and decided to go.  Planned failure with built in excuse to leave. 

Difference is that in NYS the tax for the public funding can be enacted without a vote whereas in Cali it had to get on the ballot and then get voted in, which of course didn’t happen and Spanos was too cheap to build it himself. 

• Like (+1) 1

What am I going to do with the land I bought outside of Letchworth!

I've been to Arrowhead for Bill's games twice.  It's pretty much like New Era.

I wouldn't worry about the NFL making the Bill's get a new stadium anytime soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

But Terry said he'll drill another well if they need more money

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Sounds like the baby steps of moving the team.  Saw the same thing with Chargers (I live in Southern California).  Spanos kept saying it can’t be done even though he had options.  His option A was too lofty to achieve and decided to go.  Planned failure with built in excuse to leave. 

Naw its part of the political ploy to get money state wise. They start off making overtures like this that gather public support and then announce their plans etc.. And with due respect the Chargers matter squat to their area compared to the Bills in Buffalo. The people in SD had zero issue not approving the stadium plans.

• Like (+1) 1

This is just the opening salvo of a long dance between ownership and the various governmental players.  Best not to get too excited or agitated about statements like these - there is a long way to go.

In the meantime, Kim should focus on improving the fan experience as well as the product on the field.  Bills fans have shelled out hard-earned money for a horrible product for decades, well beyond what most fanbases would’ve put up with. Start winning some games and then maybe there will be a bigger appetite for ticket hikes and even maybe PSLs.

• Like (+1) 2

Good for her for at least being somewhat honest and transparent about the entire decision-making process - instead of parroting the endless cycle that we see in other cities of BS, graft, and outright lies between team owners, politicians, and the NFL.  And it's not like this is exclusive to football, just the $$$ figures are the most exaggerated.

I'd love to see her in the room with the Jerrah and the Ginger Hammer and telling her in a discreet, polite way to eff off and stay the hell out of trying to tell her and the family what's best for Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

it's commonsense/  they knew the situation when they bought them.  They purchased the team to keep it in Buffalo .  

If you're interested, I have a bridge for sale baskingridge...

8 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't understand why the NFL wants us to have a new stadium so bad. Our stadium may be old and outdated but it's not as old as some stadiums in the league. Lambeau Field was built in the 1950's and you don't ever hear anyone saying the Packers need a new stadium. Same with Soldier Field in Chicago. Those stadiums are older than our stadium which was built in 1973. They recently updated Soldier Field and that's ok but we update New Era Field and it's not good enough? Doesn't make sense

First off Lambeau went under a massive massive reno that added seat, luxury boxes etc... the stadium is like brand new and gorgeous its at the levels with the top in the league. Second Soldier Field is just the name of the stadium, they actually built a new stadium on top of it and just kept the name. People say basically is like a spaceship landed on the old stadium.

The Bills stadium if you have ever been to an out of town stadium is dated as heck. The renovations have at least modernized it to make it decent but its far behind in modern amenities. I know everyone is obsessed with tailgating but its also the cause of families not going because of the drunks. You will still have drunks in a new stadium and still have tailgating but you will also have an easier time controlling the rowdiness and families may actually go before kids is 11 years old.

• Like (+1) 1

it's commonsense/  they knew the situation when they bought them.  They purchased the team to keep it in Buffalo .  

Again, I feel like you're going full Mayberry here.

These are billionaires we're talking about here. Hey, you could be right. This could all be philanthropy of a sort. All I'm saying is I kinda doubt it.