Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

well I am pleased he might be back under a Dr's care.
 Because of the legal situation, perhaps a mandate he receives intensive care , inpatient until they are able to diagnose him properly.

does he really have a concealed carry  permit ?

since he has always been "tempramental " 

serious question

Not gonna pretend I'm a Dr or nfl player, but I'd honestly be surprised if it was cte. Linemen don't get the same kind of collisions players like wide receivers or other positions get. Again , I'm speaking out of ignorance, but just my opinion. I think it's either roid rage or some psychological issue 

It doesn't matter what your problem is. It doesn't give a person the right to threaten or attempt to hurt other people. The good news is that nobody got hurt as far as I know. I'm sure if Incognito wanted to hurt somebody he could. 

If you can't manage yourself around other people without hurting or threatening some one eventually you will be removed from society in one form or another. 

I feel sorry for Incognito but I also feel sorry for the random guy that had something thrown at him. What kind a world is it ok for some one to threaten or try to harm you because they can't control themselves. 

The victim is the random guy that wasn't bothering nobody having something thrown at him. He did nothing to deserve that. He had every right to defend himself because he was being attacked as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Lfod

12 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Not gonna pretend I'm a Dr or nfl player, but I'd honestly be surprised if it was cte. Linemen don't get the same kind of collisions players like wide receivers or other positions get. Again , I'm speaking out of ignorance, but just my opinion. I think it's either roid rage or some psychological issue 

Linemen collide with helmets EVERY SINGLE PLAY.  It’s unavoidable when you are within 12” of a charging DE, LB or safety. Maybe not a 10 on the concussion scale but countless 3’s and 4’s over the course of a game. 

26 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Studies have shown that linemen are the players most likely to stay in the game witn undiagnosed concussions.  Mike Webster was one of the players first diagnosed with CTE for a reason.

Maybe he was severely dehydrated or had mini-stroke as both can cause mental confusion and paranoia.   Now, the 'Shroom Tech thing is another story.....sounds like BS to me...

He must have went off his meds after the  unwarranted pay cut ,  he was great here for 3 seasons. I will always wish him the best. Mental health is very tough to deal with, get well Richie.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2018 at 11:17 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

People are posting as though most of the time Incognito wore skins and ate raw meat while swinging a club around.

For the most part, most of his life, he's lived in society without causing much ripple.  He's got something going on right now, though, that's clear.

The guy has been in trouble at the work place, with the law, or others he has come in contact with (Miami dolphins golf tournament) to paint a pretty clear picture of who he is.

If your bar of not being an ass, douche, or insert whatever term you want is just not killing someone or being arrested every second of everyday so be it. The guy has left enough of a public record for people to think he just might be an ass. Or not even that, just not worth defending. I don't get why anyone would.

17 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Or maybe he has some issues like you said and by you calling him garbage for something he may not be able to help makes you unempithetic.

It's spelled empathy, or in your usage unempathetic, and I have plenty of it. Just none for Incognito. His issues are that he's an ass who can't control himself. You can reasonably say he's been accused of sexual harassment, racist bullying, and assault. That's not just mental illness, that's a lack of being able to control yourself and be a member of society. 

I tend not to care what people say who can't even spell the concepts they attempt to write about.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

37 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

The guy has been in trouble at the work place, with the law, or others he has come in contact with (Miami dolphins golf tournament) to paint a pretty clear picture of who he is.

If your bar of not being an ass, douche, or insert whatever term you want is just not killing someone or being arrested every second of everyday so be it. The guy has left enough of a public record for people to think he just might be an ass. Or not even that, just not worth defending. I don't get why anyone would.

Just to point out that a number of football stars (including our own Shady McCoy, who seems recognized as an overall decent guy) have had their douche-y moments.  Shady had the nightclub off-duty cop incident last year, the earlier party bus thing, and the nasty twitter exchange with his Babymama. 

I'm not defending Incognito from his severely illegal acts on the football field. or his a**hole behavior off of it, in or out of the locker room - far from it.

My point is just that most of his life he's apparently moving in society without causing undue chaos, paying his rent, getting massages, cooperating with the press, and having a pretty large group of people who say he's a good guy and a fun guy to hang with.

Most people are complicated, neither all good or all bad.  Truth be told, for many if not most of us, if all our lives were lived under a press microscope, one might find some episodes here and there.  I don't get why anyone can't see that, or mistake pointing that out for defending someone in his douch-y moments.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to point out that a number of football stars (including our own Shady McCoy, who also seems recognized as an overall decent guy) have had their douche-y moments.  Shady had the nightclub off-duty cop incident last year, the earlier party bus thing, and the nasty twitter exchange with his Babymama. 

I'm not defending Incognito from his severely illegal acts on the football field. or his a**hole behavior off of it, in or out of the locker room - far from it.

My point is just that most of his life he's apparently moving in society without causing undue chaos, paying his rent, getting massages, cooperating with the press, and having a pretty large group of people who say he's a good guy and a fun guy to hang with.

Most people are complicated, neither all good or all bad.  Truth be told, for many if not most of us, if all our lives were lived under a press microscope, one might find some episodes here and there.  I don't get why anyone can't see that, or mistake pointing that out for defending someone in his douch-y moments.

I remember shadys incident last year, I defended him on that. I think the details were pretty clear that he wasn't in the wrong.

That's also one incident. That's not what I said at all, it's not even close. Incognito has painted a picture of himself, and it's way too detailed for it to not be accurate at this point.

The nature of Shadys stuff is wholly different than incognito in my opinion. He's proven time and time again to be a douche, in my opinion.

I know I've made my mistakes and continue to do so. I don't go to bars and yell out the n word, I don't prod women with my putter, I don't throw gym equipment at people. The things he does are of a different nature and he's been doing it for like 15 years or so. Before he got press, before all that ****. You're doing nothing but excuse making for someone who has a track record of being pretty ****ty 

Why is it I can't recall coming across an article where incognito did this or that for a fan or someone? Granted it is most likely I have missed one and I don't think it's fair to expect them to go above and beyond. However, I just have nothing from memory that shows this guy has redeeming qualities. And all I have is bad. The picture is painted at a certain point.

I don't like all these guys as players, and don't know them. But I can give you stories I've heard from family members, and people I trust of guys like Sammy Watkins, Eric wood, Stevie Johnson, Seantrell Henderson being pretty good guys. Outside of Eric wood, I'd say they are pretty polarizing.

No stories exist to my knowledge, be it personal or public, about Incognito. I'm not saying he's for sure an ass, but I'd look sideways at anyone who wants to defend him.

27 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

As serious as this is, I howled when I heard that.

Same 

also, funny that not only did the guy not know who he was (in Miami of all places ) but he didn’t even say he thought he might be a football player. Just that he was huge.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Sounds like a good description of OJ.