Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

24 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

They can do some really weird things I guess. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was part of Richie's problem. 

And I can just buy this crap off the shelf of the supplement aisle at the local Walmart?!  Ho-lee f***.

12 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

And I can just buy this crap off the shelf of the supplement aisle at the local Walmart?!  Ho-lee f***.

The people I mentioned were ordering them from some internet site. 

I have no idea if shroom tech can have any of the same effects as whatever nootropics  the people i mentioned we're taking, though. 

The people i mentioned were not taking them as workout supplements or anything. They were taking other nootropics that are supposed to be meant for improving brain function and numerous other things (energy, anxiety, mood etc). 

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

They are a workout supplement.

But they are also considered a "nootropic" drug, or "smart drug" to improve cognitive function. 

I know of (and know) people who took numerous different nootropic supplements and had bad reactions. A friend of a friend was pretty out of his mind for a while on some of those nootropic supplements (I can't remember the names of the ones he was taking, it wasn't shroom tech though). They can do some really weird things I guess. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was part of Richie's problem. 

He must have been taking these supplements for 10 years then....

...Yet he never got any smarter.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

They are a workout supplement.

But they are also considered a "nootropic" drug, or "smart drug" to improve cognitive function. 

I know of (and know) people who took numerous different nootropic supplements and had bad reactions. A friend of a friend was pretty out of his mind for a while on some of those nootropic supplements (I can't remember the names of the ones he was taking, it wasn't shroom tech though). They can do some really weird things I guess. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was part of Richie's problem. 

Well, especially if he is mixing them up with copious quantities of recreational drugs and presence (or absence) of psychiatric drugs he's supposed to be taking.

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He must have been taking these supplements for 10 years then....

...Yet he never got any smarter.

Maybe you're looking at this backwards...consider what a dumb-**s he'd be if he hadn't been takin' those "smart pills"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

The Jeff Darlington comments are telling. Richie's degree of illness sounds debilitating.  He knows Richie more than any other media member.  Its truly amazing Richie even had an NFL career.  

10 hours ago, Doc said:

With a name like “Shroom”...

There are some amazing mushrooms, fungi, etc with medical properties.

I had cholesterol issues my doctor said needed immediate high dosage medication and I read the potential side effects and I said "no thank you".  Had my wife check on Chinese medicine and took some black and white fungus broth and my cholesterol level dropped by more than half at my next checkup.  My doctor said 'That is impossible, we need to test again." I asked him "Does that mean WE pay for it?" and got no response.   Told from multiple people who have used it that using supplements with black fungus has negligible benefits and you need to make it into broth to make it effective.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS765US766&ei=bpYMW8LIPMLCzgLQ_J-IDw&q=black+and+white+fungus++cholesterol&oq=black+and+white+fungus++cholesterol&gs_l=psy-ab.3...23444.23444.0.24026.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.E1jNDa7XNsQ

And it is clear that after Martin issue he had some reassessments and work with therapists and got better.  For almost three years he had little reported issues but something got him off track towards end of year.  I am wondering if like the Brandon investigation the Richie investigation after reported curses in Jacksonville playoff game resulted in Bills negotiation with agent to reduce his salary.

8 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

There are some amazing mushrooms, fungi, etc with medical properties.

I had cholesterol issues my doctor said needed immediate high dosage medication and I read the potential side effects and I said "no thank you".  Had my wife check on Chinese medicine and took some black and white fungus broth and my cholesterol level dropped by more than half at my next checkup.  My doctor said 'That is impossible, we need to test again." I asked him "Does that mean WE pay for it?" and got no response.   Told from multiple people who have used it that using supplements with black fungus has negligible benefits and you need to make it into broth to make it effective.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS765US766&ei=bpYMW8LIPMLCzgLQ_J-IDw&q=black+and+white+fungus++cholesterol&oq=black+and+white+fungus++cholesterol&gs_l=psy-ab.3...23444.23444.0.24026.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0..0.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.E1jNDa7XNsQ

And it is clear that after Martin issue he had some reassessments and work with therapists and got better.  For almost three years he had little reported issues but something got him off track towards end of year.  I am wondering if like the Brandon investigation the Richie investigation after reported curses in Jacksonville playoff game resulted in Bills negotiation with agent to reduce his salary.

Mushrooms, yes.  The term "shroom" however has a negative connotation. 

Just listened to the radio segment posted upthread.

Some tidbits in case you didn't listen to it:

Richie ripped down a boxing mannequin in a "wrestling move", threw it down to the ground, and put his knee on its head.

The dumbbell he threw at the guy was estimated to be @ 10 pounds.  Richie threw it "grenade style".  (LOL). 

The guy said Richie was an inch taller than him, outweighed him by 120 pounds, and was 20 years younger.  I.E., no way was he interested in fighting him or confronting Richie in any way. 

The tennis ball Richie threw hit him in the back of the leg.

The outdoor workout area was 1/3 the size of a football field and Richie and this poor guy being harassed were the only 2 people out there.

He said he could tell right away something was off b/c Richie was "ADD" in his workout routine.  Doing one thing for 3 seconds then moving to something else.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:27 PM, jdonley1180 said:

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=60&story_id=193390

well someone should be following this guy around with a camera. Entertainment value through the ROOF!

I’m sorry if this sounds extreme, but If you think another person’s poor mental health is great “entertainment” for you, I’m not sure who has the bigger problem. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

On 5/25/2018 at 2:49 PM, horned dogs said:

This is one of the simplest, yet more insightful comments I've seen on here in awhile!

People are good and bad, not good or bad. People sometimes act well and sometimes they behaviour poorly. Not so much, this is only a good person and this is only a bad person.

Yes, every one of us who considers ourselves to be "good" has done things that - in looking back on them - are embarrassing, or at least things not to be proud of.

But let's not getting carried away with this moral relativism thing. Things I have never done, or haven't done since about 6th grade:

- Harassed and berated a coworker, using slurs related to his race or sexual orientation.

- Got in multiple fights, including one that caused me to be sent to anger management classes by school official, and one that caused me to be charged with three counts of assault and convicted of one

- Gone into a uncoerced fury at a gym, throwing weights toward another guy

- Been voted the dirtiest employee at my workplace by my colleagues

Maybe some of it is mental health problems. A lot of it is just being an obnoxious jerk. Is that a bad person? If not, what is?

1 hour ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It makes me wonder how much the Bills knew this guy was losing it and if the Bills reported anything concerning irrational behavior to the league.

The end of year press conference took place right about the time the nfl started investigating the racial slur from the Jags game and when Beane was asked about it I remember he didn’t look like a guy who seemed eager to defend his player.  

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It makes me wonder how much the Bills knew this guy was losing it and if the Bills reported anything concerning irrational behavior to the league.

Ummmmmm the behaviour that got him kicked out of Miami??!!

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I've wondered the same thing, when the twitt-fest broke out.  He was clearly staying awake long periods of time, in addition to what seemed like an irrational way of handling a contract/agent/team situation.  His final tweet was about Scott Gorman of Crisis Case Management (formerly worked with NFLPA) "call me never".

I had wondered if the Bills were involved in retaining Scott Gorman to reach out to Incognito, or if they raised a flag and the NFL or NFLPA engaged him.

The NFL is a very aggressive game in nature and people lay down hard hits and take hard hits. It's bound to take a toll on the mind and body. That is why people make millions of dollars. My level of respect and sympathy is based completely on the fact that people have a choice to play the game. 

It's entertainment for me. People will live and die by thier own swords. I didn't enjoy the money made, I won't suffer the consequences of the damage done. I just watch the game and I fully understand that it's going to mess some people up. If being concerned about consequences was important I would tell people not to play the game. I would tell people not to get into boxing or racing cars. I would tell people not to base jump or parachute out of planes. I don't do that because I'm not responsible for them. I am not personal friend. 

I'm a fan. I choose to watch the stupid things people do for entertainment and I enjoy it a lot. I don't feel guilty for feeling this way because I don't force anybody to do anything, I just observe it in action. 

I only say this because I really feel that some people see people play with fire by choice and get burned then attempt to make excuses for it. I wish they wouldn't. It was up to the personal friends and family to intervene before it was to late. They didn't. 

Edited by Lfod

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is Shroom Tech?

I remember taking shroom tech in the 90's. It messed me up too.

I don't recall it coming in a bottle from GNC. I think it was in tin foil, and from a hippy named Daisy, but the details of that day are a bit foggy. I only remember a waft of patchouli.

• Like (+1) 2

Is there any update on Incognito? Was he released from the psychiatric hold? nothing in google. he hasn't tweeted in over a month and his twiiter still has Bills pics on it. just wondering what the update is...