Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

I'm guessing this has already been mentioned by now, but just based on the psych courses I took in college (it was only a minor for me and I'm not at all a psych professional), Richie's behavior sounds eerily similar to cases of schizophrenia.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I was listening this morning to the Junkies show in DC.  The dude (Mark ?) who got into it with Incognito at the gym is from the Northern Virginia area and gave them an interview.  You can listen here if interested...May 25th, hour 3 segment

http://washington.cbslocal.com/audio/the-sports-junkies/

Did he add anything new to the story or just rehash the previous tmz interview/police report content?

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Did he add anything new to the story or just rehash the previous tmz interview/police report content?

I don't know.  I didn't hear the TMZ thing or read the police report.  It's about 10 mins long and I was intrigued by it.  Richie just sounds like a mess..

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

only so much you can do if its involuntarily

...good point....was an article that said "friends have been worried for months".....bizarre behavior over the last 90+ days sure as hell supports them.....but if it is the Baker Act (2nd time for him) which clearly states "involuntary", he disagrees with the need for help.....

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Just to point out that a number of football stars (including our own Shady McCoy, who seems recognized as an overall decent guy) have had their douche-y moments.  Shady had the nightclub off-duty cop incident last year, the earlier party bus thing, and the nasty twitter exchange with his Babymama. 

I'm not defending Incognito from his severely illegal acts on the football field. or his a**hole behavior off of it, in or out of the locker room - far from it.

My point is just that most of his life he's apparently moving in society without causing undue chaos, paying his rent, getting massages, cooperating with the press, and having a pretty large group of people who say he's a good guy and a fun guy to hang with.

Most people are complicated, neither all good or all bad.  Truth be told, for many if not most of us, if all our lives were lived under a press microscope, one might find some episodes here and there.  I don't get why anyone can't see that, or mistake pointing that out for defending someone in his douch-y moments.

This is one of the simplest, yet more insightful comments I've seen on here in awhile!

People are good and bad, not good or bad. People sometimes act well and sometimes they behaviour poorly. Not so much, this is only a good person and this is only a bad person.

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 2

I heard on Sirius radio news today that he was telling people he worked for the NSA and they had people following him. It sounds like he went over the edge, and I’ll just pray they can get to the bottom of it so he can go on to a long and productive life. I really thought he’d have a nice career in broadcasting....then the meltdown. 

• Like (+1) 1

http://www.sportsxchange.com/tsxfiles/?page_id=211&max_colums=60&story_id=193390

NFL Story
By The Sports Xchange
Publish Date: May 24, 2018 05:47:18 PM

Incognito to police: Government following me

Four-time Pro Bowl guard Richie Incognito was placed in a psychiatric hold Wednesday after telling police he was being "tracked by the government." 
Incognito, who was released on Monday by the Buffalo Bills, threw a weight and a tennis ball at another patron in a gym in Boca Raton, Fla., the Miami Herald reported. 
The 34-year-old Incognito, who said during the offseason that he planned to retire, told Boca Raton police that he was working for the National Security Agency and suspected he was being watched. 
"There's a guy walking around with head phones on," said Incognito, according to the police report. "I'm running NSA class level 3 documents through my phone. I can't have anybody in blue tooth capability of me or taking pictures of me." 
Incognito told investigators that he had taken "Shroom Tech," an over-the-counter supplement, but said he couldn't disclose details of his job because the police did not have the necessary clearance. 
"Incognito was suffering from an altered, paranoid state and believed ordinary citizens were government officials that were tracking him and recording him," according to the police report. 

well someone should be following this guy around with a camera. Entertainment value through the ROOF!

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

WTF is Shroom Tech?

They are a workout supplement.

But they are also considered a "nootropic" drug, or "smart drug" to improve cognitive function. 

I know of (and know) people who took numerous different nootropic supplements and had bad reactions. A friend of a friend was pretty out of his mind for a while on some of those nootropic supplements (I can't remember the names of the ones he was taking, it wasn't shroom tech though). They can do some really weird things I guess. It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was part of Richie's problem.