Incognito placed on psychiatric hold, cops called in gym altercation

cudi

So I just took a break at work and had a little BR update that says Richie "allegedly" tossed a dumbbell at another person in a Florida gym.  Pretty cool that Buffalo dodged that bullet by a few days.  Things could be looking up for us this year.

• Like (+1) 1

10:10 AM PT -- Law enforcement tells us Incognito was placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold to be evaluated. It's essentially the equivalent of a 5150 in California. It's technically not an arrest -- but a forced mental evaluation.

It's not the first time Incognito has been placed on an involuntary psych hold -- the same thing happened a few years ago in the wake of the Jonathan Martin bullying scandal.

update-grey-gray-bar.jpg

Richie Incognito was involved in an altercation with another man at an upscale Florida gym -- with the alleged victim claiming Incognito threw a dumbbell at him ... and cops were called. 

Multiple sources tell TMZ Sports .. the 4-time Pro Bowl lineman was working out early Wednesday morning when he got into it with another guy who was working out.

We spoke with the alleged victim who tells us Incognito first threw a tennis ball at him for no reason -- before grabbing a dumbbell and heaving that as well. 

The alleged victim says Incognito was rambling about the government and screaming at the man to "get off my f*cking playground."

Law enforcement confirms cops were called to the gym and met with Incognito. 

Multiple gym sources say Incognito was taken away by police -- but cops won't say if he was formally arrested.

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/report-former-buffalo-bills-ol-richie-incognito-had-cops-called-on-him-at-florida-gym

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-jonathan-martin-20180225-story.html

Irony that they were both recommended for involuntary medical examination under the same (Baker) Act... Imagine the setting during a group share when going back... Could not script better drama....

Edited by FrankoElTanko

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I'm surprised he has been so well behaved the past few years for the Bills.

All I can say is the Bills tried to help him.  If you notice he stopped tweeting approximately 1month ago.  I hope he doesn’t hurt himself or someone else.

• Like (+1) 1