Ideal Scenario If No Playoffs in 2018?

I'm trusting the process. I trust it because I believe in McDermotts vision and because I don't have another choice. I trust it or it doesn't make sense to be a Bills fan.

Moves were made and players were traded the chicken littles came out I trusted the process. A starter QB was benched and out came the whiners and I trusted the Process.

Russ Brandon was fired I trusted the process. Richie Incognito was released I trusted the Process. We drafted a rookie QB a lot of people didn't want I trusted the process.

There isn't a move this organization will make that I see some of my fellow Bills fans complain about and I trust the freaking process. Some of my fellow Bills fans are even worshippers of the Cleveland Browns now and guess what? I trust the Process. 

My ideal scenario is that my fellow Bills fans actually act like it and just trust the process with me with an understanding it's always darkest before Dawn and quit jumping over every little move the team makes with negative feelings. Kim can't even say that she can't afford a new stadium and it automatically means they will move the team. No trust of the process.

I'm going to be honest. Some of you are not really Bills fans, your just pretending. Oh and OP this wasn't directed at you. You asked a question I answered. I want people to understand that it isn't about Playoffs or bust right now. It's about building a contender. 

Edited by Lfod

9 hours ago, Chris from Rochester said:

Every year they are mathematically eliminated I try to root for them to lose but it never works for me and I find myself getting into the game and upset if they lose. 

Based on most things I have read and I don't pretend to know how to evaluate QB's other then knowing guys like Aaron Rodgers are good, what I want is to not see Josh Allen on the field under any circumstance.  I want him to be developed "properly" so he can be molded into the franchise QB we all want him to be

What about the circumstance where the coaching staff feel he is ready to start and gives us the best chance to win? 

9 hours ago, Rigotz said:

It's pretty simple, if you actually read what I wrote. 

If a team is 1-14 going into week 16, I would want them to lose to get a top 3 pick. This year, I just want to see wins.

Not that complicated...

that's not what you wrote, you said it's the first year in a long time that going into the season you want them to win as many games as possible (16?, 19?)- I always want them to win as many games as possible.

11 hours ago, nucci said:

how do you go in to a season not wanting the Bills to win as many games as possible? This doesn't make any sense

because the sabres have done so well losing after being eliminated from the playoffs, the bills should do the same thing.

I'd prefer they win as many games as possible as McDermott/Beane want to continue to create a winning culture.  Plus, next year's class is loaded with defensive talent making it more likely a tackle or wide receiver falls to the Bills to help out Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

Try and win every game possible.  Winning leads to more winning.  I think that attitude will help attract quality FA in 2019 which will be a big goal for the FO. 

All things being equal, I would rather join a team that tries to win every week as opposed to one at some point in the season looks at games as try-outs. 

Nothing has changed. If Allen is not playing, we still have a potentially flawed developmental QB who may have been drafted too high out of their desperation. We still will not have seen what his floor or ceiling actually is. If he is playing and we are that bad, we still are searching for a Franchise QB.

We are a long way from a complete team. Our O-line is a mess. We have a bottom 10 WR group. Beyond Shady and Clay, our offensive talent ranges from questionable to pedestrian and pathetic. All those gaping holes still need to be filled. We need the draft position badly.

I have no blind faith in the process, or Mc-Beane or the coaches. We have a good kicker and a secondary. No one else has actually proven anything yet. We backed into the playoffs last year, thank you Dalton. We did not play appreciably better than a single season under Rex or Marrone.

On paper the Defense may be better than it was last year. But we don’t know yet. If we are bad this year, play for the better draft.

Mc-Beane created all those holes by dumping talent that didn’t fit “their” system, rather than creating a system built to win with the talent they had. They created an incredible anchor of dead cap without regard for the cap consequences of their “purge”.

Unless Allen plays and is lights out, nothing has changed or has been proven.

Edited by simpleman

Ideal scenario if they miss the playoffs is for them to be 10-6 and miss because of tie breaking procedures.

I always want them to win as much as they can.

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

What about the circumstance where the coaching staff feel he is ready to start and gives us the best chance to win? 

that's not what you wrote, you said it's the first year in a long time that going into the season you want them to win as many games as possible (16?, 19?)- I always want them to win as many games as possible.

because the sabres have done so well losing after being eliminated from the playoffs, the bills should do the same thing.

I guess then I would have to "trust the process," I just want to know for sure he is mentally ready for the game and we don't "ruin" him

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Yeah but a lot of people would argue the way any QB develops is by PLAYING.

The whole "develop while watching" thing is kind of a myth in my opinion.

And that may be the case, but based on what others have said, he needs time to develop into an NFL qb, I'd prefer they waited and not kill his confidence with some tough outings.  If the coaching staff believes he is ready, so be it

12 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Worster case scenario:  Bills go 0-16.  Allen plays the whole year and looks bad doing it.

This actually isn't absolutely terrible....

If Bills go 0-16 and Allen looks absolutely terrible, we either use the 1st overall pick on QB or use that ammo to trade down if we think Allen still has upside left.

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Try and win every game possible.  Winning leads to more winning.  I think that attitude will help attract quality FA in 2019 which will be a big goal for the FO. 

All things being equal, I would rather join a team that tries to win every week as opposed to one at some point in the season looks at games as try-outs. 

Players and coaches play to win every game. Front Offices tank. 

8 hours ago, simpleman said:

If we are bad this year, play for the better draft.

? 

Vince Lombardi was right. Losing is a habit. Even making the playoffs won't even wash the taste of tanking out of your mouth.

1 hour ago, Rigotz said:

This actually isn't absolutely terrible....

If Bills go 0-16 and Allen looks absolutely terrible, we either use the 1st overall pick on QB or use that ammo to trade down if we think Allen still has upside left.

0-16 sounds terrible to me no matter how you slice it.