First off-season casualty- Chargers' TE Hunter Henry tears ACL

1 hour ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I figured Shannon Sharp. Heap was never elite IMO. 

Just looked at Heap's stats, put up some good numbers for a while. Surprised. 

Yea I thought Heap was elite. Top 3 in the league during the prime of his career IMO. Sharpe obviously had Elway most of his career.  

Edited by GunnerBill

Afterward, Chargers coach Anthony Lynn suggested Henry's injury was not serious.

"He's fine," Lynn said. "We just held him back because we can."

Ehh, so is he out for the year or are we supposed to believe Lynn?

Kinda weird.

12 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Kinda weird.

sometimes they're hard to diagnose.  he probably got up and walked off just thinking it was a tweak and then realized it was torn later. 

didn't we have our lineman wear knees braces during training camp a couple years ago to avoid injuries like this? is there a brace that could prevent this during practices that isn't too restricting?

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

sometimes they're hard to diagnose.  he probably got up and walked off just thinking it was a tweak and then realized it was torn later. 

didn't we have our lineman wear knees braces during training camp a couple years ago to avoid injuries like this? is there a brace that could prevent this during practices that isn't too restricting?

Yeah, that's true, something I didn't think about. 

Interesting thought there. Are Bills players forced to wear braces at this point in the year?

30 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Kinda weird.

Lynn doesn't seem too good at this whole talking to the press thing. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

My son tore his ACL his senior year of high school.....killing the full ride scholarship he had to play football

I know they have come a long way with it....it is still devastating.

Never game up though....plays semi pro ball down in Oregon and the just went undefeated last season and won their championship game not too long ago. 

Good luck to you Hunter

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Really? I think it was a fight for them to get out of their division. I would think that a healthy Carr and a returning Chiefs group would be the favorites there.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

How do you figure?

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

the chargers?  i mean anything can happen but that team just seems to underachive every year. 

Starting out 0-4 to go 9-7 was impressive. Unlike previous years, Rivers seems to have a solid coaching staff with Lynn and Gus Bradley. 

They have premier players on both sides of the ball: I view Rivers, Bosa, and Heyward as among the best players in the league at their position. Gordon and Allen can dazzle any given week. Bosa and Ingram may very well be the best DE duo in football. Sure, any team could be portrayed as a paper tiger, but I'm a big believer in them.

As for how they'll fare inter-divisionally, it's anyone's guess since the AFCW is one of the most competitive divisions in football every given year. 

• Denver - awful coaching staff, let's see if decent QB play can mask their issues - it'll be tough without a threatening run game
  • Oakland - will GM/HC Gruden actually pay off? Who knows. Cutting Crabtree for Jordy, trading a 3rd for a FA-to-be Bryant, and giving up something for Hackenberg? Lol. I'll stay skepticial.
  • KC - probably the division favorite, but Mahomes is still a mystery, albeit one that's likely to succeed

I like their chances of being above 500 within the division and being a top WC contender at the very least

Edited by JimKellyTryouts

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’s part of it.  I suspect Turf instead of Grass has had some impact.

Not necessarily. When Rusty Jones left Buffalo to go to Bears after being promoted the injury rate went up in Buffalo and down in Chicago but fields remained the same.   There is something to be said about the science and a leader able to convince athletes to go along with his plans.

Several million years ago our ancestors started walking around on 2 legs instead of 4, and the knee joint has never caught up.

It's a really ****ty design for bipedal animals.

Edited by Fadingpain

16 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Several million years ago our ancestors started walking around on 2 legs instead of 4, and the knee joint has never caught up.

It's a really ****ty design for bipedal animals.

Damn you evolution!! I wish we could all be reptilian solar beings like Sammy Watkins. ????

5 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Loved this kid out of college.

Buckeyes gave an offer to his brother Hudson for 2019, he’s a TE as well. 4 Star, has offers from all the big time programs, and also Michigan.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1