Browns originally offered 35th pick for Foles before going to Plan B for Tyrod

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If I recall correctly, Dorsey signed Foles in KC so he must have thought highly of him. 

Andy Reid was probably the driving force behind that signing, being that Reid drafted Foles in Philly.  Nevetheless, I'd wager that Dorsey respects Reid's opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

so Nick Foles is the GM now?

No, just a show of gratitude from the Eagles for winning them their first-ever SB, and because Wentz is their guy going forward.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, stuvian said:

so Nick Foles is the GM now?

The guy just won them their first championship yet they should trade him to Loserville for a 2nd??

He will be the best backup in the League in 2018.. not a bad insurance policy for the defending champs that are still well and truly in their Super Bowl window...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The guy just won them their first championship yet they should trade him to Loserville for a 2nd??

He will be the best backup in the League in 2018.. not a bad insurance policy for the defending champs that are still well and truly in their Super Bowl window...

I can't believe the Eagles turned down as high a pick as that. Their passing it off as "Foles' Decision" is rather curious

1 minute ago, stuvian said:

I can't believe the Eagles turned down as high a pick as that. Their passing it off as "Foles' Decision" is rather curious

Well, as I said earlier there were reports that the Bills offered them 53 or 56 which I understand the Eagles declined,  although based on the Cleveland news  its probably unlikely that he would have agreed to come to Buffalo either...

I think a 2nd rounder is probably fair value for Foles, but I can still understand why the Eagles were wanting to try to do the right thing by him and he still has value for them in 2018...

I wonder though if someone had of offered them a first would they have been still running it past Foles for his approval...

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Well, as I said earlier there were reports that the Bills offered them 53 or 56 which I understand the Eagles declined,  although based on the Cleveland news  its probably unlikely that he would have agreed to come to Buffalo either...

I think a 2nd rounder is probably fair value for Foles, but I can still understand why the Eagles were wanting to try to do the right thing by him and he still has value for them in 2018...

I wonder though if someone had of offered them a first would they have been still running it past Foles for his approval...

I'm trying to recall how quickly Hostetler went to the Raiders after beating us in the SB

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

what a waste of talent and ambition. Enjoy the bench Nick.

As opposed to going and wasting his talent on the worst franchise in the NFL?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Glad Foles rejected it.  We would've pry released Taylor and gotten zero picks.

There were a couple other interested teams for Tyrod, but doubt their offers were close to what Cleveland gave up. Cleveland had picks to burn, which helped us. Thanks Sashi!

Edited by YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

There were a couple other interested teams for Tyrod, but doubt their offers were close to what Cleveland gave up. Cleveland had picks to burn, which helped us. Thanks Sashi!

If we got anything above a fifth with any team besides the Browns I would've been surprised.  There were too many FA QB's of similar quality out there.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Sure, but if he said "yes" the Eagles would have traded him for just an early-2nd rounder. 

Not if a huge long-term deal was worked out beforehand.

The Browns were never passing on QB's this year. While maybe in some instances some could take it as the smart thing to do, it just was never happening.

Don't delude yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

How did we even use the 3rd rounder we got for Tyrod?

I feel like we just wasted it anyway. 

Used it to trade up from 22 to 16 for Edmunds. Also got a 5th in return from the Ravens in the trade, which was used to take  Siran Neal at 154.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3