Hackenberg Headed to the AAF

1 hour ago, prissythecat said:

EJ's stats in Oakland:   2 games 24/43  =  55% completion percentage.    265 yards (132.5 yards/game)  .  6.2 Y/A.    1 TD 1 INT.   72.3 QB rating.              

A continuation of the mediocrity he showed in Buff.    Not sure how one can conclude he is a fine backup?

He played in 5 quarters.  I actually watched the Ravens game, it was 17-0 before his second series.  He is a fine backup qb and was much better than our backup qb last year.

1 hour ago, eball said:

LOL at Todd "I just shat my pants" Bowles refusing to admit he regrets selecting Hack in the 2nd round.  What a maroon.

I don't care how many players the Jets have added, Bowles will sink that ship.

Not sure why you hate on him. He won 10 games with Fitz and completely overachieved last year.

he’s a solid coach that is basically on par with McDermott at this point.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Not sure why you hate on him. He won 10 games with Fitz and completely overachieved last year.

he’s a solid coach.  

First of all, I don't hate.  It's not that important.  I make fun.

Second, winning 5 games is "completely overachieving?"  He's a terrible gameday coach and I don't think anyone can reasonably dispute that.  I really haven't seen anything about him as a head coach I've found to be impressive.  We can agree to disagree.

7 hours ago, vincec said:

The Jets have had a strong off season. They now actually have a decent QB situation.

I dont know how decent

A high prospect QB with no NFL experience, a veteran career journeyman backup who has kids as old as their new draft pick QB, and a guy who is lucky to still be able to walk on his one leg and could have his career ended with one wrong turn 

I know theres worse, but if I were a fan of most teams, I wouldn't say I envy them for what they have.

4 minutes ago, turftoe said:

Gruden really liked Peterman. I wonder if they called about him before getting Hack.

He also really like Hack too.

Might say something about his ability to judge QBs......

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 3:38 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

What a waste of a conditional 7th!! The Jets ripped them off.

The Jets get a 7th if he plays, but also have to give the Raiders a 7th if he doesn't.  LOL.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:50 AM, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). I don’t get the EJ jokes. He’s a fine backup and at this point, we can’t be positive that AJ McCarron is better than him.

2) what’s wrong with kicking the tires on a qb?  Personally, I always though CH was never going to be a nfl qb (guy who looks the part, never really produced that much, under 60% passer, who people blamed the coaches for his problems).  But for a conditional 7th?  Why not?  The Bills should be doing the same thing.  Never stop trying to find a qb.

Is he? He's started 4 games in the past 3 years. 201.5 YPG, 6.2 YPA, 4 TDs (3.08%), 3 INTs (2.31%), 4 Ls (100%).

Certainly remember some people around here calling him a first round pick (especially going into his final season).  Kind of like some around here saying Connor Cook was going to be a #1 overall pick.  So glad I don't have to keep reading posts such as those from people who have no idea how to judge a college QB...well, for the next couple seasons at least.

Interesting QB group Gruden has over there. Derek Carr is a top 5-10 QB IMO coming off a down season, and will eventually be a Top 3 guy once the older crop retires. EJ Manuel looks to be turning into a good backup QB that will be in the league for a long time. Hackenberg always had great size, but he had that slow, college type release that I hate, and never translates to the pros. 

4 minutes ago, musichunch said:

Interesting QB group Gruden has over there. Derek Carr is a top 5-10 QB IMO coming off a down season, and will eventually be a Top 3 guy once the older crop retires. EJ Manuel looks to be turning into a good backup QB that will be in the league for a long time. Hackenberg always had great size, but he had that slow, college type release that I hate, and never translates to the pros. 

I certainly hope that is true. By all accounts a great guy and a dozen years as an NFL QB (starting or not) can give you a very nice start on the rest of your life! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/23/2018 at 1:01 PM, Rigotz said:

::Gruden voice::

I tell ya what, that big kid right there Christian Hackenberg. Boomin' voice so he can get the hard count goin, head on a swivel, TOUGH guy. Real Grinder. I see big things outta this kid some day.

Yep, boomin' voice, head on a swivel, TOUGH guy, real grinder:  "Get your cold beer here, watch me carry THREE cases, I see you sir down front, and also read the gentleman needing a cold one just on the slant pattern to my right."

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I certainly hope that is true. By all accounts a great guy and a dozen years as an NFL QB (starting or not) can give you a very nice start on the rest of your life! 

Couldn't agree more, Augie! 

2 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

We have a thread about Christian Sack-of-@@@@enberg.... and EJ Manuel....

and we wonder why we haven't had a good QB since Jim....

Bledsoe was a top 8-12 QB when we had him. Orton was a solid middle of the road guy. Flutie was magic. Rob Johnson had potential but injuries, sacks, and Flutie looking over his shoulder ruined him. Fitz wasn't bad at all.

It was Losman, Edwards, and Manuel more than anything that led to our bad teams. That, and Ralph Wilson. 

37 minutes ago, LaDexter said:

Rob Johnson reminds me of Josh Allen -tons of physical talent, but "happy feet" and a bit off on reads and accuracy

I would say Patrick Mahomes is a poor mans Rob Johnson...

JOsh Allen is  more a Brady, Rodgers and Wilson allin one.

?

Edited by snamsnoops