Hackenberg Headed to the AAF

If Gruden was the Bills coach, it would test my limits. I’d beg to have Rex back!  

We had a few close encounters when he was with the Bucs. Our son’s would be in the same 7 on 7’s at USF and Gruden thought he owned the joint. He was not a much beloved character in his time in SW Florida. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

If Gruden was the Bills coach, it would test my limits. I’d beg to have Rex back!  

We had a few close encounters when he was with the Bucs. Our son’s would be in the same 7 on 7’s at USF and Gruden thought he owned the joint. He was not a much beloved character in his time in SW Florida

If the guy won us a Super Bowl I'd love him forever... He could also act like he owns any joint he wants! ?

21 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

If the guy won us a Super Bowl I'd love him forever... He could also act like he owns any joint he wants! ?

I totally get that sentiment, but Dungy’s team won that SB against Gruden’s old team that didn’t even bother to change their signs. Funny clips of John Lynch laughing about it on the sidelines. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Gruden did this in Tampa also, I think at one point he had 5 QBS on his roster. Got a bad QB that was a high pick? Gruden will take him. Got a QB Gruden said nice things about? He will take him. There hasn't been a qb born that Gruden can't fix, in his own mind.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Gruden did this in Tampa also, I think at one point he had 5 QBS on his roster. Got a bad QB that was a high pick? Gruden will take him. Got a QB Gruden said nice things about? He will take him. There hasn't been a qb born that Gruden can't fix, in his own mind.

...that's it?.....out of the 67 QB draft eligibles in 2017, he graded 66 with an A+ and one dog with an A....maybe his mother was a QB.....

• Like (+1) 1

When the name of Christian Hackenberg was brought up in conversation tonight the response was, “Stick a fork in him -- he’s done.”

People inside the organization and even some teammates feel Hackenberg does not have a future with the team and don’t believe he will be with the franchise much longer -- though it may not be the Jets who cut him.

One possibility has the Jets trading Hackenberg for a conditional late-round pick to a team who owes them a favor, rather than going through the embarrassment of releasing their 2016 second-round selection.  The team trading for Hackenberg would likely keep him around for a few weeks then cut him, in which case the Jets would get nothing in return.

• Like (+1) 1