Hackenberg Headed to the AAF

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Does this do anything for Connor Cook's confidence?

Connor Cook has been cursed since the moment he snubbed Archie Griffin when accepting the Big 10 championship trophy. Think about it... all downhill.  

Dammit, I can't believe Team McBeane is asleep at the wheel again.

I'm so tired of following a team that doesn't react irrationally with something I think the team should do after another team in our division does it! We should call Gettleman!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Limeaid said:

And both QBs played in USFL as well (Gene Bradley played for New Jersey Generals).

As a semi-obsessive Bills fan for about 45 years now, once in a while I find myself truly amazed that there is a high-round pick (particularly a QB) who I swear I have never heard of before in my life. Gene Bradley. Now I know.

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

As a semi-obsessive Bills fan for about 45 years now, once in a while I find myself truly amazed that there is a high-round pick (particularly a QB) who I swear I have never heard of before in my life. Gene Bradley. Now I know.

I never heard of him either 

52 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I heard of him but only I had searched for Bills players who played in USFL before.

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

What an overhaul of the Jets QB group, although McCown returns.

The Jets have had a strong off season. They now actually have a decent QB situation.

Edited by vincec

1). I don’t get the EJ jokes. He’s a fine backup and at this point, we can’t be positive that AJ McCarron is better than him.

2) what’s wrong with kicking the tires on a qb?  Personally, I always though CH was never going to be a nfl qb (guy who looks the part, never really produced that much, under 60% passer, who people blamed the coaches for his problems).  But for a conditional 7th?  Why not?  The Bills should be doing the same thing.  Never stop trying to find a qb.

3 hours ago, vincec said:

The Jets have had a strong off season. They now actually have a decent QB situation.

As long as they don't screw up Darnold's development they will be a good team moving forward.   I like the idea of Allen/Darnold replacing Brady/everybody in the next 2 years.   and I love the Dolphins didn't or Patriots didn't even address the QB position.  

17 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Hey, look! The Jets are the new Bills!

?

1 hour ago, Soda Popinski said:

and I love the Dolphins didn't or Patriots didn't even address the QB position.  

Two words that each team are keeping under wraps, waiting for the most opportune time:  Tee. Bow.  You read it here first.  ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1). I don’t get the EJ jokes. He’s a fine backup and at this point, we can’t be positive that AJ McCarron is better than him.

2) what’s wrong with kicking the tires on a qb?  Personally, I always though CH was never going to be a nfl qb (guy who looks the part, never really produced that much, under 60% passer, who people blamed the coaches for his problems).  But for a conditional 7th?  Why not?  The Bills should be doing the same thing.  Never stop trying to find a qb.

EJ's stats in Oakland:   2 games 24/43  =  55% completion percentage.    265 yards (132.5 yards/game)  .  6.2 Y/A.    1 TD 1 INT.   72.3 QB rating.              

A continuation of the mediocrity he showed in Buff.    Not sure how one can conclude he is a fine backup?

LOL at Todd "I just shat my pants" Bowles refusing to admit he regrets selecting Hack in the 2nd round.  What a maroon.

I don't care how many players the Jets have added, Bowles will sink that ship.

::Gruden voice::

I tell ya what, that big kid right there Christian Hackenberg. Boomin' voice so he can get the hard count goin, head on a swivel, TOUGH guy. Real Grinder. I see big things outta this kid some day.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, TheElectricCompany said:

The Jets have been trash for 2 years, and he still hasn't throw a single pass for them. 

This guy must be that bad. 

Or, he's good, and the Jets can't recognize talent.   We'll find out soon!