Summa --- Laude? Glad I'm not a smart person

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The kid was 'absolutely humiliated'?  I think life will have a few more stones to throw in his direction.

His mother said he was humiliated, then later in the article it said he laughed it off. 

Sounds like the mother was being overly dramatic. I bet most people would think it was funny. 

I wonder if they thought Laude was supposed to be Loudly. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, teef said:

4.89 grade point average

A long time ago on MNF, Madden was talking about a player who graduated with a GPA of 4.4 out of 4.0. He did say that it was because the kid took graduate level classes as an undergrad, so that accounted for the extra points.

I kept thinking, "Cmon, John ... say it: He gave 110%!"

But alas, Madden couldn't do the math.

4 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

This is just a simple case of computers being a lot dumber than people, and no human catching that fact.

But the people are too dumb to know when to ingore/override the computer.   So really, it's a race to the bottom between man and machine.  I'm betting heavily on man.

I'm fascinated by the cake icing algorithm that Publix uses.  Think of what happens when the Roma tomatoes are stocked with the heirlooms; do guys in hazmat suits appear with sterile tongs?  Imagine the damage achieving magna cum laude would bring down on Publix?

14 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The kid was 'absolutely humiliated'?  I think life will have a few more stones to throw in his direction.

Jacob was "absolutely humiliated," Cara Koscinski told the Post. "It was unbelievable.” 

Then later in the same article:

Her son, who mostly laughed off the incident, will attend Wingate University in the fall on a full academic scholarship.

The worst part of this is that the entire article was hardly newsworthy.  The whole story is a failure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

Is he a Sabres fan too?

That wouldn't help the situation, but I'd be more humiliated if my mother was 'flapping her gums' over how humiliated I supposedly was over a censored cake message.  Should have had a Carvel 'Cookie Puss' or whale cake.  ?