Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

6 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

50/50 we sign him. Mostly because of his versatility. 

how does someone come up with a random percentage of probability ?

Are you in Marketing ?  ☺️

we have no idea how McBeane feels about this guy, or their budget.

Sweet set of linebackers though almost immediately. On Paper 

Edited by 3rdand12

7 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ok well when he signs with the giants or the Steelers I’ll be disappointed and then I’ll come by to say kiss my ass

There's 32 teams in the NFL, so obviously the odds are far greater that he signs elsewhere than that he signs here. Saying he won't and ending up right doesn't make you some type of soothsayer.

There are some fans, namely myself, that have been interested in trading for this player for over a year, even before it was reported that he was on the block last offseason. That alone makes his release relevant information and worth discussing.

The "he's not coming here and I have no data to back it up other than there's 31 other teams" take is about as lazy and useless as they get, and frankly most of us expect more out of our fellow fans.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Something like this could work:

5 year contract 38 million dollar contract. 1st & 2nd year guaranteed. 8 million signing bonus 2 million 2018, 6 mil 2020, 7 mil 2021, 7.5 mil 2022, 8.5 mil 2023.

I am close?

17 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I don't think we are going to sign him either. It's possible but not very likely. We do have the money and the need. We don't know if Beane and McD want him at his price or he wants the Bills at his price. Probably not.

Ok so we agree.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
inappropriate language

6 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Something like this could work:

5 year contract 38 million dollar contract. 1st & 2nd year guaranteed. 8 million signing bonus 2 million 2018, 6 mil 2020, 7 mil 2021, 7.5 mil 2022, 8.5 mil 2023.

I am close?

He had two years left on his deal in Philly at over Seven million per.  Any team could have traded for that and none did.  I think he won't get as high a figure as people are assuming.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

There's 32 teams in the NFL, so obviously the odds are far greater that he signs elsewhere than that he signs here. Saying he won't and ending up right doesn't make you some type of soothsayer.

There are some fans, namely myself, that have been interested in trading for this player for over a year, even before it was reported that he was on the block last offseason. That alone makes his release relevant information and worth discussing.

The "he's not coming here and I have no data to back it up other than there's 31 other teams" take is about as lazy and useless as they get, and frankly most of us expect more out of our fellow fans.

Lol. “Most of us expect more out of our fellow fans”. You’ve got to be shitting me with this one.....

Just now, NewEraBills said:

I like his play and versatility but we can't sign him before signing more quality OL and WR help.  The offense is in desperate need of playmakers and trench players.

Of course they can and should if possible. What OL or WR is on the market that rivals Kendricks' talent level? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Of course they can and should if possible. What OL or WR is on the market that rivals Kendricks' talent level? 

I agree actually, it just makes the offense look neglected.  I know we'll sign offensive players before it is all said and done.  Just an immediate reaction.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

You sign quality players when you can. Today it's LB and its a position of need. Hopefully Beane kick's the tires.

While I would love it if the Bills signed Kendricks, I do not believe they will do so for the simple reason that they don't value a two-down SAM linebacker very highly. 

I expect he will get higher offers elsewhere or, at the very least, a better opportunity. Here, he'd play in the base defense only, and would come off the field on third downs.

We shall see.

11 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Lol. “Most of us expect more out of our fellow fans”. You’ve got to be shitting me with this one.....

Nope.

I legitimately expect an opinion that includes a scintilla of reason from someone that can sit up and type at the same time.

35 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Ok well when he signs with the giants or the Steelers I’ll be disappointed and then I’ll come by to say kiss my ass

200w.gif

17 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

The reason that you were challenged is because you said that the Bills didn’t have the money to do it. That was immediately proven false. You could have just walked away instead you doubled and tripled down. No one thinks that it is “likely.” There are 31 teams that he can go to after leaving Philly. The Bills have need, money and a coach that has had success with his skill set. It’s reasonable to think that they will be interested. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, purple haze said:

He had two years left on his deal in Philly at over Seven million per.  Any team could have traded for that and none did.  I think he won't get as high a figure as people are assuming.  

This late in the off season may lower his price tag. We shall see.  

33 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I like his play and versatility but we can't sign him before signing more quality OL and WR help.  The offense is in desperate need of playmakers and trench players.

There really isn't a lot out there in offensive help.  There might be more as camps roll along and cuts happen, but you never know.

Sign Kendricks, get that defense as formidable as possible and they'll keep us in and win some games for us.

Edited by TheBeane

1 minute ago, TheBeane said:

There really isn't a lot out there in offensive help.  There might be more as camps roll along and cuts happen, but you never know.

Sign Kendricks, get that defense as formidable as possible and they'll keep us in and win some games for us.

Yep. A great defense versus just a good defense, helps an average offense a lot. Turnovers, field position all game, actual points, time, more drives, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

While I would love it if the Bills signed Kendricks, I do not believe they will do so for the simple reason that they don't value a two-down SAM linebacker very highly. 

I expect he will get higher offers elsewhere or, at the very least, a better opportunity. Here, he'd play in the base defense only, and would come off the field on third downs.

We shall see.

Why do you assume he’d be the 3rd lb?