Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

4 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I wonder if he'd go for a one-year deal, because I don't think Bills have the money to offer him a monster contract right now. 

I believe that's the reason he's tried to get out of Philly for so long, his contract demands are well above where Philly is willing to go. 

All it takes is 1-2 teams to have money and desire. 

Just now, blacklabel said:

Not a bad idea. He certainly won't be sitting around for long. I'm sure we'll soon be hearing which teams have interest. 

With his skill set, we have to pretty much assume for sure that the FO is taking a look back at his film and making some calls to see what kind of deal he's looking for. Don't think they'll get into a bidding war, though. Doesn't seem to be Beane's style. 

I think Beane can be aggressive when he wants to but it's never an emotional aggression.  It's always measured.   But in this instance, i'd hope he would be more aggressive this LB could really upgrade our defense, that last LB spot is really our weakest link.  

2 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

We we will see - I think that is a bit much for a cut player at this time of year.  The Bills actually have quite a bit of room compared to other teams and that would be close to the max they will spend.

It will all depend upon what he is looking for - a 1 year deal to get a shot at FA - I think 5 million or so will get it done, but if he wants an extended deal with some signing bonus - you might get 2 year 14 million with a larger bonus that can be split over 2 years and less salary.

I think you are likely low balling on all fronts

21 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

White                           Murphy - Lotulelei - Phillips/Williams - Hughes           Johnson                    Davis 

Kendricks - Edmunds - Milano/Alexander   

Hyde                                                  Poyer 
                                            Neal

Not a bad defense all things considered.  I would definitely try to sign him. 

Rafeal Bush at S too. Was an under the radar , big depth upgrade and a guy I feel could be like Poyer because of the system. 

Quietly upgraded this defense

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I like Milano as the starter and Lorenzo as the guy you bring in for certain packages and as a situational pass rusher.

Milano looked good as a rookie. He'll take a big step forward with a full year in the offense and NFL experience. I'm excited about him.

I use 2 lb as “starters”

depth charts haven’t caught up but truth is that the majority of snaps are definitely in nickel. Once you pull out dine, goal line, etc... we are only in a “base” 43 so often. Milano and Zo, are good role players for that.

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

I think Beane can be aggressive when he wants to but it's never an emotional aggression.  It's always measured.   But in this instance, i'd hope he would be more aggressive this LB could really upgrade our defense, that last LB spot is really our weakest link.  

I do hope they give him some serious consideration. Talent-wise, he seems like a great fit for this defense. I'm not sure what kind of locker room guy he is and obviously that's important to McBeane. I've never seen anything negative about him in the news but that doesn't mean he's a good match for the type of locker room McDermott is trying to maintain. We shall see what happens. 

43 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

For an offensive player like a WR we may have to overpay, or even an OL. But I think players around the league know McD as a solid defensive coach and would like to play in his defense, especially with several other good players.

I hope your right.  It’s just if he’s going to sign a 1 year deal, which is what he’d probably want to do if he came here, I think he’d rather put himself in position for a super bowl

17 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

We we will see - I think that is a bit much for a cut player at this time of year.  The Bills actually have quite a bit of room compared to other teams and that would be close to the max they will spend.

It will all depend upon what he is looking for - a 1 year deal to get a shot at FA - I think 5 million or so will get it done, but if he wants an extended deal with some signing bonus - you might get 2 year 14 million with a larger bonus that can be split over 2 years and less salary.

...was scheduled to make $5.85 mil this year and $6.85 mil in 2019, so you probably are pretty close to what it will take.............

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hope your right.  It’s just if he’s going to sign a 1 year deal, which is what he’d probably want to do if he came here, I think he’d rather put himself in position for a super bowl

Yeah, it's impossible to tell with these guys. He won one so maybe that isn't his top priority. Some guys go for the city, some for the coaches, some for the money, some for the fit, some for what the wife and kids want, etc. Usually there are numerous factors that go into it. I just was saying that I'm not sure we have to overpay for defensive players just because "it's the Bills."

Guy can flat out ball when healthy.  His contract made it hard for the Eagles to trade him.  He will be a great addition if possible. The only down side is he's susceptible to soft tissue injuries.  Be prepared for him to sit 2-4 games a year.  He's young and still has a good amount of career ahead of him, not often these guys get cut this time of year.  Make it happen.

1 minute ago, YodaMan79 said:

Guy can flat out ball when healthy.  His contract made it hard for the Eagles to trade him.  He will be a great addition if possible. The only down side is he's susceptible to soft tissue injuries.  Be prepared for him to sit 2-4 games a year.  He's young and still has a good amount of career ahead of him, not often these guys get cut this time of year.  Make it happen.

Has played in 85 of 96 games in his six year career with 74 starts.   

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I think he'll cost about $8 million per year. He definitely fills a need but there will be a lot of competition from other teams.

He was making 7 and didn't want to take a pay cut.  No team traded for him which tells me they don't view him as worth that type of coin.  He is a good player and will get decent money, but I doubt over 5 million at this point.  Question is does he sign for one year or can he get multiple years somewhere?

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, send them something for him! He's pretty athletic, and could be a good alternative for Milano.

I like Milano, but LB is currently the weakest part of our defense.

Milano needs to play.  Kendricks can play Sam.  Zo can platoon in at Sam, Mike or Rush DE.  

2 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

He’s not coming to Buffalo. /thread

Im surprised it took four pages for someone to bring up this useless rhetoric.

Ralph Wilson doesn’t own the Bills anymore, so the “He’s not coming to Buffalo” crap no longer applies.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Im surprised it took four pages for someone to bring up this useless rhetoric.

Ralph Wilson doesn’t own the Bills anymore, so the “He’s not coming to Buffalo” crap no longer applies.

Are you actually expecting him to be a Bill?

22 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...yup...he's going to Bonaventure right in your back yard I suppose....SMH...........

This doesn’t even make any sense. I should be the one shaking my head....