Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's pretty much it.

He is considered a luxury player in Schwartz's defense. Schwartz has remained adamant about keeping 4 on the D-line and almost never blitzing. As a result, he runs the nickel A LOT and has a pair of very good linebackers in Bradham on the weakside and Hicks in the middle. They saved $6 million in cap space for cutting him, and have been trying to deal him for years. He's considered a very nice contributor, but for $7.6 M...that's pretty high if you aren't starting.

He also gets by with one of those LBs being a thumper ala Brandon spikes. That guy comes super cheap. 

For him paying a LB isn’t just a luxury - it’s damn near impossible when paying 4-5 guys on the line. 

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

Oh man.  He’s the piece I’m looking for.  Can’t see us spending the money on him though unless we can backload the contract.  Kendrick’s, Edmunds and Milano would be pretty versatile.  Our LBs would be set imo

We'd have to give him the bulk of money next year.

I'm sure he will be looking for a big signing bonus. I imagine he will get it.

I would love to see him in Bills colors, but I'm not going to spend much time thinking about it.

7 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Am I missing something on Kendricks?  To me he seems like an average Linebacker who may demand a higher price tag than his output dictates.   I'd prefer to go into the season and see what Milano can do. 

I see him as a replacement for Humber. as in upgrade.

• Like (+1) 2

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Visits Reportedly Planned for MIN, OAK, & CLE
On 5/22/2018 at 7:17 PM, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yes some talking head knows everything.  He did not even mention Browns who have the most cap space or finish article.

On 5/23/2018 at 9:28 AM, RyanC883 said:

I want to hear that we at least made a play at him.  With McD and Fraizer as known great D coaches, you'd think we have a shot at him coming here.  

Any connection/overlap with Shady's time in Philly?  

Yes.  Thing is the Eagles DC, a very good DC, did not want to use him until other player was injured so it says something about his perceived value.

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

?

We have plenty of that.

That doesn't mean that we will pony up what another team will or what he believes his value to be. He's out of the price range for what our FO will spend. 

13 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I have a feeling we are going to be a little sick to our stomachs when we see what he signs for elsewhere.

I'd be surprised if it's more than a one-year deal with him possibly hitting the market again in '19. 

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd be surprised if it's more than a one-year deal with him possibly hitting the market again in '19. 

Yeah it's probably going to be cheap and short.  Bowman is still out there too.   Different traits but he made a big difference in the Raiders run defense last year.   It's been a buyers market for MLB's for years now.   

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it's probably going to be cheap and short.  Bowman is still out there too.   Different traits but he made a big difference in the Raiders run defense last year.   It's been a buyers market for MLB's for years now.   

I'd be looking at him to play a combination of both WLB and SLB.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd be looking at him to play a combination of both WLB and SLB.

Yeah his versatility is why it is such a great fit.   People forget that Milano was in the tub on wildcard weekend.   He's a playmaker but he's a college safety moving to LB he is no lock to stay in one piece.   They were proven right with most of their defensive decisions last year(except trading Dareus) so there is some benefit of doubt due but hate to miss low investment talent like that.

• Like (+1) 1