Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

That was a much cheaper deal than I expected

So let me see if I have this straight.

Kendricks goes batshit crazy over a report he will sign with Browns. Basically denying the story, and throwing around expletives like Incognito tossing weights and tennis balls in a workout club, then a few hours later signs with Browns.

Yep another social media Einstein is made.

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

So let me see if I have this straight.

Kendricks goes batshit crazy over a report he will sign with Browns. Basically denying the story, and throwing around expletives like Incognito tossing weights and tennis balls in a workout club, then a few hours later signs with Browns.

Yep another social media Einstein is made.

Maybe his agent didn't tell him until after his tweets?

11 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Signed with the Browns.

They are sneaky building a team with a ton of good pieces.  

Shame about Tyronne Hue.

Not sure how sneaky it is! They're flush and spending like it. Will be interesting to watch for sure. If they start hot and we don't, this place is going to be nuts. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Maybe his agent didn't tell him until after his tweets?

Maybe he was angry that people in the media were reporting that he’d already signed when negotiations were still ongoing.  Those reports could cause the other teams he’s negotiating with to pull back and he’d lose his leverage.  In short, he was pissed because he thought those reports would cost him money. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE
55 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Seriously. If I'm Cleveland, I come back to offer $1M after that outburst.

Yeah.  Why act like an idiot regarding a simple story about your imminent signing with your next NFL team?

Very seldom does spending a ton of free agent money get a team where it needs to go.  I think the whole saying of "it hurts the team that the free agent left a lot more then it helps the team the free agent went to"

The thing that has always done the browns in (much like us) is how their drafts go.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Very seldom does spending a ton of free agent money get a team where it needs to go.  I think the whole saying of "it hurts the team that the free agent left a lot more then it helps the team the free agent went to"

The thing that has always done the browns in (much like us) is how their drafts go.

They got Kendricks for pennies.  He instantly improves their LB group.

I would've loved him here at that price.

Sigh.  Didn’t think we’d sign him, but for that amount of money?  Hopefully we spend some of our cap room on a WR or OL when cuts happen.  Leaving it go unused would be such a waste.

This is real info: He wasn’t sought after. Priced himself too high and teams not interested at that price. He didn’t want to sign with Cleveland, but he went for the most money, which wasn’t that much.

my opinion: Schobert continues to be their best LB. Collins will be hurt by week 3. Kirksey is a steady Eddie. 

• Thank you (+1) 1