Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

Kendricks would seem to be a good addition, but it's possible Beane/McDermott like their current group of LBs and prefer to draft one next year with one of those 9 picks (cheap, potentially impactful labor).  Or they might be waiting to spend money on a WR that comes free. They have some money left but perhaps not enough to sign Kendricks and a WR.

Edited by purple haze

8 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...so then why no interest from McBeane?.....strictly money?......or something else?.....

I think McDermott thinks he can coach up what he has on the roster now to make an effective defense.

He might just be that arrogant and it might just actually work.

Who knows.

11 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Guy would be pretty dumb not to go to Min. 

Play alongside brother, be on one of the best defenses, serious chance at winning a Superbowl. Seems like a no-brainer. 

Great shot at back to backs

50 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I think McDermott thinks he can coach up what he has on the roster now to make an effective defense.

Who knows.

...thanks for your perspective.....:thumbsup:.....

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Who knows.

I think its probably more of that were going to be in nickel most of the time and believes in Milano so he doesnt see the need for MK

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

I think its probably more of that were going to be in nickel most of the time and believes in Milano so he doesnt see the need for MK

I just hope neither guy gets dinged. I like milano as lb3 and first guy off the bench. 

As badol notes, he’s a college safety and he’s next to a rookie (who often wear down by end of year too). If he’s relatively affordable he would be a really great investment to add versatility and create depth. 

14 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I just hope neither guy gets dinged. I like milano as lb3 and first guy off the bench. 

As badol notes, he’s a college safety and he’s next to a rookie (who often wear down by end of year too). If he’s relatively affordable he would be a really great investment to add versatility and create depth. 

Plus, if he signs a 1 year deal and then wants to walk, he would sign for likely strong money elsewhere, and that would kick us a comp pick.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Visited with MIN, OAK, & CLE
On 6/1/2018 at 10:29 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah his versatility is why it is such a great fit.   People forget that Milano was in the tub on wildcard weekend.   He's a playmaker but he's a college safety moving to LB he is no lock to stay in one piece.   They were proven right with most of their defensive decisions last year(except trading Dareus) so there is some benefit of doubt due but hate to miss low investment talent like that.

What is the reason Bills have not picked up such a seemingly great fit ?
Money can be managed i supposed. Bills always surprise me with that

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Signed with the Browns.

They are sneaky building a team with a ton of good pieces.  

Shame about Tyronne Hue.

Good for the Browns. and #s  out yet ?

On 6/2/2018 at 11:58 AM, purple haze said:

Kendricks would seem to be a good addition, but it's possible Beane/McDermott like their current group of LBs and prefer to draft one next year with one of those 9 picks (cheap, potentially impactful labor).  Or they might be waiting to spend money on a WR that comes free. They have some money left but perhaps not enough to sign Kendricks and a WR.

I considered this. I can respect that they are looking WR

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

What is the reason Bills have not picked up such a seemingly great fit ?
Money can be managed i supposed. Bills always surprise me with that

Good for the Browns. and #s  out yet ?

I considered this. I can respect that they are looking WR

No, but 1 year deal so can't be much.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE
1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Signed with the Browns.

They are sneaky building a team with a ton of good pieces.  

Shame about Tyronne Hue.

They are bringing in some good pieces. But it’s one thing to have the pieces and quite another to get them to play together. Personally, I think they will regret the Landry signing. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

They are bringing in some good pieces. But it’s one thing to have the pieces and quite another to get them to play together. Personally, I think they will regret the Landry signing. 

Understandable.  I'm higher on him than most but I get it.

I figure that cuts both ways. They might have REALLY regretted the Landry signing if not for bringing in Hyde, retaining Gordon, that young TE they got last year.

The less pressure on Landry to be the #1 go to option, the better for everyone IMO.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE?