Eagles Release LB Mychal Kendricks - Signing with CLE

8 minutes ago, TheBeane said:

There really isn't a lot out there in offensive help.  There might be more as camps roll along and cuts happen, but you never know.

Sign Kendricks, get that defense as formidable as possible and they'll keep us in and win some games for us.

There is nothing out there now, but this time yesterday Kendricks wasn't available either...

I think there will be a couple of solid WR's that shake loose from somewhere that they can go after between now and say August.... 

Solid OL help I think is less likely to come on the market which is unfortunate because its the bigger need...

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

There is nothing out there now, but this time yesterday Kendricks wasn't available either...

I think there will be a couple of solid WR's that shake loose from somewhere that they can go after between now and say August.... 

Solid OL help I think is less likely to come on the market which is unfortunate because its the bigger need...

I think that I’m of the belief that WR is a bigger need than OL (although both are needs). I just happen to think that some of the young OL (specifically Miller and Groy) are a little better than people think. If Teller and McDermott can play they will have decent competition and depth there. The WR position is all question marks. There are health issues, speed concerns and an inexperienced group. There isn’t much to feel good about at this point. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Why do you assume he’d be the 3rd lb?

Tremaine Edmunds will be the starting MIKE and I think they like Milano continuing as the WILL. 

I think the staff is high on Matt Milano and not eager to send him to the bench.

The biggest hole in our defense, therefore, is at SAM, where only Lorenzo Alexander currently resides.

• Like (+1) 1

If I'm him I'm taking less money to go to the Rams and play behind Suh and Donald. He will make a million tackles, great fit with Wade and he's a West Coast guy. 

I could see the Steelers, maybe the Vikings to play with his brother. 

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

how does someone come up with a random percentage of probability ?

Are you in Marketing ?  ☺️

we have no idea how McBeane feels about this guy, or their budget.

Sweet set of linebackers though almost immediately. On Paper 

50/50

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Tremaine Edmunds will be the starting MIKE and I think they like Milano continuing as the WILL. 

I think the staff is high on Matt Milano and not eager to send him to the bench.

The biggest hole in our defense, therefore, is at SAM, where only Lorenzo Alexander currently resides.

I suspect that he’s a 3 down guy and Milano/Zo share package duties. I’m not an expert on him but it seems he’s a better 3 down player and allows them to bring the young guy along with favorable situations still.

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

He just got one 

That’s kind of my point.  He went from the best team in the league.  I bet he had a wonderful time winning. If I’m him, I’m signing a 1 year deal with another contender if someone isn’t willing to pay top dollar. As much as we love our city, not everyone sees Buffalo as a desirable destination, but top dollar makes us look a lot better.  If we somehow get him, I’d bet top dollar that it’s over 6.5 mill a year.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I like his play and versatility but we can't sign him before signing more quality OL and WR help.  The offense is in desperate need of playmakers and trench players.

There's nobody available, Sherlock.

1 hour ago, NewEraBills said:

I like his play and versatility but we can't sign him before signing more quality OL and WR help.  The offense is in desperate need of playmakers and trench players.

Not alot of quality on the market in late May.  Barring trades or June 1st cuts what you see at Wr and Oline is probably what you get.  Kendricks would be an immediate upgrade at OLB.  Alexander, and Humber are old.   Edmunds, Malano, and Vellajo are young.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Jeetz1231 said:

I think that's how a lot of people gauge whether a FA is worth signing haha

Come on. Give people more credit. They also use Madden ratings.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

Money

That's pretty much it.

He is considered a luxury player in Schwartz's defense. Schwartz has remained adamant about keeping 4 on the D-line and almost never blitzing. As a result, he runs the nickel A LOT and has a pair of very good linebackers in Bradham on the weakside and Hicks in the middle. They saved $6 million in cap space for cutting him, and have been trying to deal him for years. He's considered a very nice contributor, but for $7.6 M...that's pretty high if you aren't starting.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That's pretty much it.

He is considered a luxury player in Schwartz's defense. Schwartz has remained adamant about keeping 4 on the D-line and almost never blitzing. As a result, he runs the nickel A LOT and has a pair of very good linebackers in Bradham on the weakside and Hicks in the middle. They saved $6 million in cap space for cutting him, and have been trying to deal him for years. He's considered a very nice contributor, but for $7.6 M...that's pretty high if you aren't starting.

This describes us as well.