An end to Anthem protests? [UPDATE - Augmented by new Anthem Policy]

26 minutes ago, eball said:

It would be nice to see athletes who were kneeling be some of the guys who are going out and speaking to groups (without being paid) about the social issues they wanted to raise awareness of.

I've been saying this since this BS started.  How many Bills visit the East Side of Buffalo on a regular basis, meet with community leaders, and attempt to make a difference in regards to social injustices, police brutality, etc...(and I'm not talking about going to some grade school and reading books to 6 year olds).

My guess is most of them couldn't find the East Side of Buffalo even if you gave them a map.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

There was a time when Jay Cutler was a very successful QB, he has the physical traits of our own rookie QB. I think if you put Jay Cutler as QB of the Eagles that they easily make the playoffs this year. He is a locker room asshat but I think he could still be a good QB in the right situation.

This is a thread about ending anthem protests, right? I chose the "Don't Care" Jay Cutler meme to express my feelings on the situation. You have taken this onto next level, random tangent, semi Allen bashing, Cutler endorsement area. Funny, but somehow a wtf moment at the same time. Carry on my friend, carry on. :lol::thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MTBill said:

Perhaps another method would be something similar to the "pink" month for breast cancer.  Where the players wear some sort of identifier to show their support for social issues.

Problem with this is that it's very hard to specify the social issues into a synthesized idea that the month is meant to combat. We're talking about pretty controversial and multi-faceted things. 

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, what an awful idea that would cause more headaches for them.

Football is the best sport in the world but the nfl might be the dumbest league next to the NHL.  So clueless.

Can't see this being an effective or sensible remedy with a penalty being assessed before the game even starts. 

28 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I've been saying this since this BS started.  How many Bills visit the East Side of Buffalo on a regular basis, meet with community leaders, and attempt to make a difference in regards to social injustices, police brutality, etc...(and I'm not talking about going to some grade school and reading books to 6 year olds).

My guess is most of them couldn't find the East Side of Buffalo even if you gave them a map.

http://m.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-players-seek-to-inspire-change-with-day-of-community-outreach/7ca38bbd-2bb0-427b-b442-f9033bcd0435

that took 4 minutes to find with google. McCoy handed out presents on the east side as well.

i do agree that players are kinda isolated being in OP and a good 20 minutes from Buffalo.  

10 minutes ago, baskin said:

so you have no knowledge on the issue or no opinion?   

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Can't see this being an effective or sensible remedy with a penalty being assessed before the game even starts. 

what penalty would it be?  Unsportsmanlike conduct?   That'll go over well.   Terrible idea. 

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is pretty stupid, and indicative of how far the whole issue has snowballed. 

It should have been straight forward- owners don't like players kneeling (for their own beliefs, for the negative effect on their bottom line, or for their own racism, who cares) owners tells all players that anyone kneeling wont play. 

Its a pretty simple thing really, but so much fear of offending anyone has made it convoluted. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Putin said:

Nice way of looking at it ! 

The way I see it is the owners where losing 

The owners are losing because they are an increasingly unnecessary part of the game.  The owners were a basic source of capital, but as the true source of capital began to dominate the game, power changed.  As the players forced there way to a majority of the gross receopts the owners cemented their role as a minority partner in this enterprise.  Its natural they are losing.

I'm going to try this at work. I keep getting held in contemt for exercising my first amendment right to kneel when ordered to rise as the judge enters the courtroom. 

I'm going to suggest my boss contribute a large sum of money to enable me to publicly express opinions, which are wholly unrelated to our business, under his banner.

I think this will go over well.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, eball said:

How does any non-profit coalition use their funding?  I don't know, I'm asking -- but I'd assume it is in marketing, outreach, awareness programs, etc.  Everything costs $$.  It would be nice to see athletes who were kneeling be some of the guys who are going out and speaking to groups (without being paid) about the social issues they wanted to raise awareness of.

Maybe some of the money will be for APPROVED messages on knee pads.  Sort of like the sneakers but more appropriate since if you kneel you do not get your message out.  

My Message would be: Busted knees, raised Catholic.

1 hour ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I wish it would be the end of anthems.

Simplest solution. I know I don't care about watching it. 

Of course, the number of butthurt people on both sides means that I doubt it will happen.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe some of the money will be for APPROVED messages on knee pads.  Sort of like the sneakers but more appropriate since if you kneel you do not get your message out.  

My Message would be: Busted knees, raised Catholic.

"People are more upset at us being on our knees than Sandusky's favorites"