Prisco Names Dion Dawkins a 2018 Breakout Player

2018 NFL Breakout Players: Here's a look at 10 who are poised for big things this season

With Cordy Glenn bothered by foot and ankle injuries most of last season, Dawkins started 11 games as a rookie at left tackle. Dawkins did a nice job in protection and was especially good in the run game, which led to the Bills trading Glenn to the Bengals in the spring. Dawkins' ability to move players off the ball helped LeSean McCoy run through big holes. Dawkins also improved in pass protection the more he played. He did have a few rough spots, but he has the look of a player who will be a longtime starter.

Members may not agree but I will say it anyway....

Richie Incognito had a lot to do with his success last year, hoping he can adjust.

Lining up next to an Pro Bowl player certainly did not hurt.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Prisco Names Dion Dawkins a 2018 Breakout Player
9 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Richie Incognito had a lot to do with his success last year, hoping he can adjust.

Very valid point. I also think that Richie being next to Eric Wood helped him immensely. I definitely seen a decline in Richie's play last year compared to 2016. Lot of holding penalties in his tenure. He's a pro-bowler but I think the reason he wants to retire is because he's mediocre without Wood. I thought Dawkins was actually the OL for the Bills last season.

Edited by Santana
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

Isn't our general opinion on Prisco less than favorable? I need to see more of Dion before going this far...

Yeah, Prisco sucks.  Little man syndrome.  That said, Dawkins is the best offensive move this new regime has made. 

28 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Well, the "steal of the draft" in some circles (Teller) may alleviate that concern of yours.  Regardless, for a rookie Dawkins did an excellent job and should only get better!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

- Which they didnt draft

- Who cant stay healthy

- To move up into a position for a franchise quarterback

- AFTER they drafted Dawkins who stepped in at LT and played great last year

Just sayin.........

so this new front office is developing Dawkins and traded Cordy. It's ok.

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I get a kick out of the people who say we lost Cordy for next year. We didn’t have Cordy LAST year! 

The trainers did get a lot of practice with rehabilitation.  I am going thru PT now and my therapist is always looking for new ways to treat me and I am sure Bills' trainers do same thing.

4 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The trainers did get a lot of practice with rehabilitation.  I am going thru PT now and my therapist is always looking for new ways to treat me and I am sure Bills' trainers do same thing.

The quality of therapy makes a WORLD of difference in the outcome. My son tore his ACL and MCL in HS football. The first therapist treated him like an old lady, which delayed surgery. He went to an amazing therapist next who worked to get his quad strength back up pre-surgery, then handled him post-surgery. He was playing in a basketball tournament 5 months after surgery. AMAZING stuff! That guy is now at UVA doing research.