Prisco Names Dion Dawkins a 2018 Breakout Player

5 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yeah. Let's try and keep this one. We love to develop LT's and trade them.

We should do that every single time if you have a younger, cheaper, more promising option on the roster. If not, yes, you keep them.

2 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Every new front office keeps Jordan Mills.    allow that to permeate into your soul a bit. 

You keep him till you can upgrade. So far we haven't been able to.

17 hours ago, Santana said:

Very valid point. I also think that Richie being next to Eric Wood helped him immensely. I definitely seen a decline in Richie's play last year compared to 2016. Lot of holding penalties in his tenure. He's a pro-bowler but I think the reason he wants to retire is because he's mediocre without Wood. I thought Dawkins was actually the OL for the Bills last season.

Incognito played pretty well the second half of 2016 when Groy was at Center....not to dispute that Richie and Wood were a good combo -- but I saw no discernable difference in Richie's play when Groy was at C.  That might say more about Groy than it does Incognito.

I think the board overall underestimates Groy.  He is bigger and stronger than Wood.  There was a reason the Rams wanted him as their starting Center in 2017.  He has earned this opportunity and, barring injury, I believe will take advantage of it.  I think the real question is whether Groy is at LG and Bodine is at C or Groy is at C and John Miller moves back to his natural position (LG) in an offense that is more befitting his skills.

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Incognito played pretty well the second half of 2016 when Groy was at Center....not to dispute that Richie and Wood were a good combo -- but I saw no discernable difference in Richie's when Groy was at C.  That might say more about Groy than it does Incognito.

I think the board overall underestimates Groy.  He is bigger and stronger than Wood.  There was a reason the Rams wanted him as their starting Center in 2017.  He has earned this opportunity and, barring injury, I believe will take advantage of it.  I think the real question is whether Groy is at LG and Bodine is at C or Groy is at C and John Miller moves back to his natural position (LG) in an offense that is more befitting his skills.

I love Groy and I really hope he stays at center as Bodine would be a fairly large down grade at center. I think Groy at center and Miller/Teller at LG will be our best option 

1 minute ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

I love Groy and I really hope he stays at center as Bodine would be a fairly large down grade at center. I think Groy at center and Miller/Teller at LG will be our best option 

I have seen too many lowlights of Bodine not being able to anchor in pass protection and getting little push in the run game.  Bodine has had good plays I am sure in 4 years as a starter and his experience with McCarron is likely a plus...but pressure up the middle in the passing game or run game doesn't make me feel good about the Bills chances with him anchoring the line.  I hope I am wrong and that he and Newhouse are both great signings.  In Beane and Juan Castillo I trust on this one....

The current OL picture is

Dawkins- LT

Ducasse- LG

Groy- C

Miller- RG

Mills- RT

back-ups

Groy/Teller- G

Bodine- C

Newhouse/McDermott- T

I like Dawkins and am hopeful about Groy, but think it is reasonable to judge the other 3 starter as needing to seriously step up theit games to merely be adequate and our backups need to step up their performance to be merely adequate back-ups who can be expected to step into a game to give a starter a momentary rest and really should not be expected to be adequate starters if forced to be relied on.

I see our OL as two players who are not on the roster right now as being short of adequacy and even worse our coaching braintrust has no record of success that anyone credibly can argue they should be expected to coach up youngsters or past inadequate performers

17 hours ago, THE SLAMMER said:

Members may not agree but I will say it anyway....

Richie Incognito had a lot to do with his success last year, hoping he can adjust.

Lining up next to an Pro Bowl player certainly did not hurt.

At least he got a year of playing with a solid pro bowl vet. Hopefully Incog instilled solid fundamentals and work ethic. I think Dion plays to at least Cordy's level, I think Dion can be a solid LT for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, KingRex said:

Dawkins- LT

Ducasse- LG

Groy- C

Miller- RG

Mills- RT

back-ups

Groy/Teller- G

Bodine- C

Newhouse/McDermott- T

I agree that those 5 appear the likely starters at the moment although I am hoping that McDermott may have improved over the off season and is at least  in the picture at RT.... just basing that more on hope than anything I have seen from him..

Those 5 guys  would collectively be on about $8-9 Million..I would assume that would be the cheapest OL in the league...

They are certainly being paid like backups so it’s hard to expect a lot more from them then that level of play with the exception of Dawkins who impressed last year..

I really hope that another 2018 OL starter is not on the team yet..

6 hours ago, JoeF said:

Incognito played pretty well the second half of 2016 when Groy was at Center....not to dispute that Richie and Wood were a good combo -- but I saw no discernable difference in Richie's play when Groy was at C.  That might say more about Groy than it does Incognito.

Yeah I've always been a huge proponent of Groy. Never understood why he wasn't starting over some of the other plug ins. I'm very intrigued to see what this line can do. Little worried about the RT position.

5 hours ago, KingRex said:

Dawkins- LT

Ducasse- LG

Groy- C

Miller- RG

Mills- RT

back-ups

Groy/Teller- G

Bodine- C

Newhouse/McDermott- T

I like Dawkins and am hopeful about Groy, but think it is reasonable to judge the other 3 starter as needing to seriously step up theit games to merely be adequate and our backups need to step up their performance to be merely adequate back-ups who can be expected to step into a game to give a starter a momentary rest and really should not be expected to be adequate starters if forced to be relied on.

I see our OL as two players who are not on the roster right now as being short of adequacy and even worse our coaching braintrust has no record of success that anyone credibly can argue they should be expected to coach up youngsters or past inadequate performers

I think Groy goes to Cogs spot and Bodine starts at center (because he is a NFL starting veteran....regardless of how good people think he is.

Other then that I agree with your lineup.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, wppete said:

Where does this ‘You already schnow’ come from? 

Dawkins started using this as a catchphrase of his on Twitter, I think it started after the Indy game but he kept running with it after.  Kid seems to have a great, enthusiastic personality!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Dawkins started using this as a catchphrase of his on Twitter, I think it started after the Indy game but he kept running with it after.  Kid seems to have a great, enthusiastic personality!

Agree his personality and high energy is really great to see. I’m a huge fan . You already shnow!

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, JoeF said:

Or they choose to use both Vlad and Miller as guards.