Patrick DiMarco Expecting a Bigger Role in Bills' New Multidimensional Offense

Exclusive interview: Patrick DiMarco excited for Bills' new 'multidimensional' offense

Fresh off playing in Super Bowl LI, former Atlanta Falcons fullback Patrick DiMarco landed a four-year deal with the Buffalo Bills. Entering the league as an undrafted free agent out of South Carolina, DiMarco continues to prove doubters wrong, which is fitting for a Buffalo roster seemingly constructed top to bottom with underdog players.

While a lot of his value goes unnoticed and unrecorded on the stat sheet, it is worth noting that DiMarco didn’t find the end zone for the first time since 2013 last season. He also recorded just seven receptions, tying his lowest catch output. He looks forward to more production in 2018.

To see what he has in store for his second season in Buffalo, we caught up with No. 42 to get a better sense of how he’s fitting in and what he expects out of this new offense.

Best part of the interview:

Q: What is coach McDermott’s best attribute as a head coach?

PD: Well he’s a workaholic, which is awesome because he’s one of the most detailed people and knows everyone’s assignment from first step to last step. That’s one of them. But I think the thing that proved me the most of him, and I think I’ll take everything he’s taught me not only from the football field but as a person, but just how genuine and how caring he is which doesn’t always happen in this league. This is a production business league, and we all know that. But for him to care so much about my family and my child. And my wife’s pregnant now so every week he asks me how my wife’s doing. Stuff like that. To a point, it’s like this guy is mutually invested in my life and with my family. I’m going to go all out for him because I trust him and I believe in him. He’s our leader. So I think he’s building love in the locker room that is going far beyond football, which is cool.

"Little" things like that go a long way when it comes to coaching grown men. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

One of the best full backs in the league tho if I'm not mistaken, young too. And we're not talking about an old full back who got too much credit for blocking for AP.

Or Tolbert ?

To be fair I thought Felton had a REALLY good year his last year with us 

• Like (+1) 2