77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

On 5/21/2018 at 9:40 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

I think Allen has like a 57% chance.

McCarron has maybe a 38% chance.

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

what say you?

Man... I think that was a pretty good call by me

tenor.gif?itemid=5795910

Does anyone seriously think Allen isn't the frontrunner after tonight?

41 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Meanwhile, Peterman continues to play near perfect football.

tenor.gif?itemid=4790020

Evidently you missed his 1st 2 drives (that 1st pass alone was a doozy... typically Peterman though) and weren't paying attention to the busted coverages he was a beneficiary of when he was playing against scrubs.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

tenor.gif?itemid=4790020

Evidently you missed his 1st 2 drives (that 1st pass alone was a doozy... typically Peterman though) and weren't paying attention to the busted coverages he was a beneficiary of when he was playing against scrubs.

Sorry, I can't hear you over his 85% completion percentage throughout the preseason. He went 8/10 113 and a TD. Allen went 9/19 against those "scrubs" last week. so what does that say? He's outperformed Allen in both games against 1rst and 3rd string players. You're starting to look like a fool.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Sorry, I can't hear you over his 85% completion percentage throughout the preseason. He went 8/10 113 and a TD. Allen went 9/19 against those "scrubs" last week. so what does that say? He's outperformed Allen in both games against 1rst and 3rd string players. You're starting to look like a fool.

And you are evidently Nate Peterman's wife.

You called Peterman's performance "near perfect" and that is factually incorrect to the point of being laughable.

His first 2 drives he looked absolutely lost the entire time--all 6 plays since it was 2 straight 3 & outs.

1st pass shoulda been yet another pick.

Next play sacked.

3 & out

Next pass was simply a badly inaccurate pass.

Next play he tries passing the ball 2 yards past the LOS as he's running towards the sidelines.

Next play he believes he's some uber athletic QB and ends up scrambling on a 3rd and 13.

That's how he started.

No matter what follows that, anyone who calls his play "near perfect" after a start like that is either a blind homer or a troll.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

And you are evidently Nate Peterman's wife.

You called Peterman's performance "near flawless" and that is factually incorrect to the point of being laughable.

His first 2 drives he looked absolutely lost the entire time--all 6 plays since it was 2 straight 3 & outs.

1st pass shoulda been yet another pick.

Next play sacked.

3 & out

Next pass was simply a badly inaccurate pass.

Next play he tries passing the ball 2 yards past the LOS as he's running towards the sidelines.

Next play he believes he's some uber athletic QB and ends up scrambling on a 3rd and 13.

That's how he started.

No matter what follows that, anyone who calls his play "near flawless" after a start like that is either a blind homer or a troll.

85% through 2 games, kid. straight facts. Outperformed Allen significantly both games on every stat that exists. /thread.

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

85% through 2 games, kid. straight facts. Outperformed Allen significantly both games on every stat that exists. /thread.

Somehow, I don’t believe this will actually be the end of this thread.

This will certainly awaken the beast. Hope you have your reading glasses ready.

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

So... troll...???

Blind homer...?

I'm having such a hard time figuring it out.

I just wonder if you're even going to cheer for Allen when he's the starting QB this year.

39 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So... troll...???

Blind homer...?

I just wonder if you're even going to cheer for Allen when he's the starting QB this year.

I will if he earns the job and isn't given a handout. As soon as he proves he can outperform the guy above him on a consistent basis, start him. No free lunch.

I don't think this is really a question anymore. 

Josh Allen showed glimpses of greatness last night. I'm sold on the possibility that I may have been wrong. I think that arm is a perfect fit for a team with a pedestrian WR core. When you can get it to a guy that much quicker than the average QB, you throw a guy open. You tend to hear about throwing a guy open by leading. This is a bit different.

The short pass he threw 100 MPH was a perfect demonstration of his serious shortcomings, but he flashes the ability to make up for it. 

The TD pass was special in that he demonstrated a rapid release combined with great velocity. Guys with huge windups wont last in this league. Seems to me it's something he's worked to improve.

You can always bench him if the line doesn't hold up or things aren't working out. I don't buy the argument of "ruining" QB's. A guy with the mindset to play the most demanding position in all of sports cannot be soft. The sooner we know if we have the right guy, the better.

Start the best players. He's the best quarterback on the roster.

Peterman is a turnover machine waiting to happen. He does not possess the requisite arm strength to play the position. He's Mike Cawley. A practice squad quarterback who occasionally looks good in a vanilla, preseason setting.

I really can't believe anyone views him as a legitimate option.

Edited by LSHMEAB

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So... troll...???

Blind homer...?

Instead at insulting why not wait and see how people support Josh when the time comes.