77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

1 hour ago, AllenWillBust said:

I guess I am surprised at the results.  Peterman showed he has a better grasp of the offense. 

Peterman brings little in the way of NFL experience, though. Whenever Allen starts, he will have less time in the offense than NP. I’d start Peterman in the first few games while the O line situation gets sorted out. Unless Peterman looks like Joe Montana , there’s not much to be gained playing Peterman for very long. 

1 hour ago, AllenWillBust said:

I guess I am surprised at the results.  Peterman showed he has a better grasp of the offense. 

And before you say that was last year... has there been a single game he's played where he hasn't thrown a pick or a shoulda-been-a-pick with one of the most standard passes there is in the NFL: the short to intermediate out-route?

Has anyone bought into Allen yet? I just can't get there. When has teaching a kid how to be a QB when he's never proven capable of being an elite QB at lower levels ever worked? He doesn't make quick decisions. He doesn't make the right decisions. He isn't accurate with the football. He doesn't appear to have good touch on his passes. This guy looks like taller JP Losman out there. 

It's not like all this info wasn't available going into the draft. Yet Beane and McDermott pay the price equivalent of the number one overall pick to move to seven to take him. 

Between the Allen reach, throwing away all that draft capital, and all the Carolina re-treads, I'm starting to lose faith in this new regime. That's the worst part. I actually bought in to those guys. Please someone convince me I'm wrong.

Edit: my biggest fear is McDermott will wait until week 8-10 to play Allen, and then pass on a legit QB with our inevitable top 5 pick because Allen needs more time. I sincerely hope we give him the chance to prove boom or bust this year.

Edited by VW82

4 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Has anyone bought into Allen yet? I just can't get there. When has teaching a kid how to be a QB when he's never proven capable of being an elite QB at lower levels ever worked? He doesn't make quick decisions. He doesn't make the right decisions. He isn't accurate with the football. He doesn't appear to have good touch on his passes. This guy looks like taller JP Losman out there. 

It's not like all this info wasn't available going into the draft. Yet Beane and McDermott pay the price equivalent of the number one overall pick to move to seven to take him. 

Between the Allen reach, throwing away all that draft capital, and all the Carolina re-treads, I'm starting to lose faith in this new regime. That's the worst part. I actually bought in to those guys. Please someone convince me I'm wrong.

Youre clearly forgetting about the Elite NFL hand size our rookie stallion possesses. Do your research. You only get one pass.

22BDF8F2-65E6-48CD-9158-B1002A22F5D7.jpeg

Edited by GoodHands15
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1