77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

49 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think with the confidence you've seen in Allen from the likes of Tre White and Shady and then the entire offense running onto the field excitedly chest bumping Allen after that 70 yard TD to Proehl.

If the team sees Allen as the best option clearly, I think McDermott is going to be hard-pressed to keep him on the bench.

...just don't recall what a 70 yd TD PASS looks like at "The Ralph/Hat".......thought such a thing was extinct.....

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...just don't recall what a 70 yd TD PASS looks like at "The Ralph/Hat".......thought such a thing was extinct.....

Did you watch the 2016 home opener? It happened twice in that one game :huh:

Regardless, this is encouraging... and I think the team rallying behind him is the most encouraging part of all of it.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Did you watch the 2016 home opener? It happened twice in that one game :huh:

Regardless, this is encouraging... and I think the team rallying behind him is the most encouraging part of all of it.

......remember Losman's TWO 83 yd bombs to #83?........probably his only claim to fame but it still was neat......

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......remember Losman's TWO 83 yd bombs to #83?........probably his only claim to fame but it still was neat......

One is the loneliest number since the  number 2. 

2 in one game.   How many for the remaining 15 games? 

Final answer.    Not many.  

The CoT won’t quit.  

?‍♂️ SMH

Oh good, so you do remember. Was concerned about your memory for a moment :thumbsup:

Or Fitzy's 98 yarder to TO

Yep... they've happened. Not very concerned with the distance of the TD... just concerned with getting the QB who can get us to the most Ws on the field.

13 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One is the loneliest number since the  number 2. 

2 in one game.   How many for the remaining 15 games? 

Final answer.    Not many.  

The CoT won’t quit.  

?‍♂️ SMH

CoT, huh?

Yep... just brought Fitz up, too, cause he also threw some bombs in the Ralph.

Bro, who are you even talking to? I'm on your ignore list... aren't I?

Get back to your rep count envy of 26CB :lol:

Allen is by far the most physically gifted of the bunch. Nothing in Allen's past says he will shutdown and not be able to progress when adversity hits. Given those two points why would you not start him to get him game experience? The more Allen gets exposed to the faster he will develop. Allen will have some terrible games  He seems like the kind of player who will not allow it to impact his next game. Allen is strong emotionally. The biggest question will be live game decisions. Can Allen adjust to the pro game? These will only be answered with game experience.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Allen is by far the most physically gifted of the bunch. Nothing in Allen's past says he will shutdown and not be able to progress when adversity hits. Given those two points why would you not start him to get him game experience? The more Allen gets exposed to the faster he will develop. Allen will have some terrible games  He seems like the kind of player who will not allow it to impact his next game. Allen is strong emotionally. The biggest question will be live game decisions. Can Allen adjust to the pro game? These will only be answered with game experience.  

Agreed... I think either his rawness was incredibly overblown or he progressed exponentially in the offseason working with Palmer. And based on Beane’s statement that “raw” was essentially what the media basically inaccurately painted him as, I'd guess more the former than the latter.

Allen is a project and you don't want to throw a project QB like Allen behind this O-line with a less than stellar skill position core. Throw AJ to the wolves and let him take the hits. Hell I would rather throw Peterman out there before Allen, I don't want to !@#$ up a player's confidence by asking him to save a **** offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Allen is a project and you don't want to throw a project QB like Allen behind this O-line with a less than stellar skill position core. Throw AJ to the wolves and let him take the hits. Hell I would rather throw Peterman out there before Allen, I don't want to !@#$ up a player's confidence by asking him to save a **** offense. 

That was always my thought too.  I’m starting to be ok with idea that Allen May be the #1 opening day....but I still think it’s in his best interests to sit him til the colts game or the following week, week 7 or 8.  The earliest he should start is week 4 vs GB.  No chance I’d play him vs that Viking defense with our OL and WRs.  Pain.

• Like (+1) 1

• Don't forget he threw the longest pass in team history last season - a 98-yard bomb to Terrell Owens.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2010/11/23/1831900/ryan-fitzpatrick-continues-to-imprint-bills-record-books

Fitz the longest at 98 

Todd Collins 2nd longest at 95 

Lamonica 3rd at 93

Ferguson 4th at 92

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_long_single_game.htm

http://www.tampabay.com/qbs-sam-darnold-josh-allen-learn-from-greatest-at-us-open-ap_sports0dc7779ebd464a33ad4f1a45390d0a91

Jets fan spots Sam Darnold at U.S. Open, shouts during pro's backswing

Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are spending their weekend watching greatness, and for once it's not other football players.

They're at Shinnecock Hills for the U.S. Open.

Selected in the first round of the 2018 NFL draft — Darnold by the New York Jets, Allen by the Buffalo Bills — the two quarterbacks are headed to the pros but are far from done learning.

"It's like what me and Sam would do as quarterbacks, evaluating the defense before we snap the ball and trying to get understanding of what they're doing," Allen said. "And that's what they're doing on the course. Before every shot, they're trying to gauge the wind, trying to gauge the distance, and ultimately trying to have the right swing to put the ball where they want."

That also includes zoning in on the task and blocking out distractions.

Allen, who brought his dad — his frequent golfing partner — to Shinnecock Hills, hit 56.3 percent of his passes for 1,812 yards and averaged 164.7 yards per game at Wyoming last year. He went seventh overall.

"I love football, so there's nothing that's going to replace that," Allen said. "But golf, it's a second."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2018/6/16/17469940/buffalo-bills-quarterback-competition-dominating-early-headlines-josh-allen-aj-mccarron

Buffalo Bills quarterback competition dominating early headlines

"If you have two quarterbacks, you really have none.” The old adage regarding quarterback play has been repeated in similar phrasing for many years, and is often thought to be true regardless of the situation. Early on in training camp for the Buffalo Bills, the team has three quarterbacks who are impressing.

The headliner thus far in camp has been rookie Josh Allen. The Bills first of two first-round draft choices, Allen was selected seventh overall after the Bills executed a series of trade-ups to acquire his services. While many pundits feel that Allen is not ready to start on day one in the NFL, that hasn’t stopped the Wyoming product from showing off the raw talent that led the Bills to make him the third quarterback selected this past April in the NFL Draft.

Head coach Sean McDermott said in his press conference prior to practice on Thursday that Allen would remain third on the depth chart heading into training camp. While the rookie may have been playing against other third-string players, he still was impressive, ending minicamp with a long touchdown pass to fellow rookie Austin Proehl. Joe Buscaglia of WKBW notedthat Allen is clearly the most talented quarterback the Bills have, but he will need to show consistency as camp progresses in order to earn more reps.

In the early going, it appears that the Bills have three quarterbacks who are capable of stepping in and playing in 2018. Hopefully, the early positive returns will carry over into training camp and beyond.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

My input -- and this is never going to happen because we're Bills fans and we're !@#$ing crazy and the words "3 way quarterback competition" turn our insanity meters up to 11-- is that everyone needs to chilllll the !@#$ out and let this competition happen. 

The 40 page threads, wacky hyperbole, wild prognostications, hand-wringing and over-analysis -- BEFORE TRAINING CAMP HAS EVEN STARTED -- are out of control.

The best player will play. Allen may sit 0 games, 5 games, 10 games, or 16 games. There are still an infinite amount of variables. 

Chilllll outtttt. It'll all work itself out in time.