77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Honestly, the real reason we traded Tyrod was because someone was willing to give us such a premium draft pick back.  Had there not been any trade offers, I am pretty sure they would have kept him.  They said several times they were comfortable paying him the bonus and keeping him even if they draft a QB.  But the first pick of the 3rd round in a deep draft was a deal too good to pass up.  

I can see this but I also see that they were willing to bench him last year in week 9 while currently holding the last WC spot.....I think they were ready to move on from him and after the Saints game, it gave them a reason.  I think if Peterman wasn't a disaster against LA, he would have started many more games.  I think McDermott gave him the keys to take over the starting QB spot but Peterman screwed that up.  

I constantly heard Beane talking about the QB position as they need/want someone who can make plays in the pocket and Taylor didn't give them that.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can see this but I also see that they were willing to bench him last year in week 9 while currently holding the last WC spot.....I think they were ready to move on from him and after the Saints game, it gave them a reason.  I think if Peterman wasn't a disaster against LA, he would have started many more games.  I think McDermott gave him the keys to take over the starting QB spot but Peterman screwed that up.  

I constantly heard Beane talking about the QB position as they need/want someone who can make plays in the pocket and Taylor didn't give them that.

Agree with all of this, but at the time we traded Tyrod it was already clear they were going to draft a QB.  So I still think they keep Tyrod to hold the seat until the rookie was ready had it not been for the great deal we got from the Browns.  Tyrod only had 1 year left on his contract, and it was a fair price.  So he was perfect to keep the seat warm and I am sure they would have had it not been for the Browns (foolish) decision to gives the first pick in the 3rd round.  I just dont see anyway they were going to cut Taylor at that point, it was trade him for a good value or keep him as the bridge to the rookie they were gonna draft.  Beane pulled off a great deal and was an easy decision at that point.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyrod Taylor  in Sundays game went 15 for 40  and had a  37.5%  completion, 1 TD and 1 INT.  

Why are you people missing those putrid stats?  

Nate Peterman "won" the week 1 start   PERIOD.   If you picked wrong deal with it! 

Mods PLEASE  end this ridiculous thread!!!   we all know the OP wont even though he has said he's open to a mod closing it.  

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tyrod Taylor  in Sundays game went 15 for 40  and had a  37.5%  completion, 1 TD and 1 INT.  

Nate Peterman "won" the week 1 start   PERIOD.   If you picked wrong deal with it! 

Mods PLEASE  end this ridiculous thread!!!   we all know the OP wont even though he has said he's open to a mod closing it.  

Now who's trolling?

We probably miss those stats because Taylor--who we traded clearly under the assumption that we could laterally move from him at least with either Peterman or McCarron this year--contributed 214 more yards, 2 more TDs, 1 fewer turnover, and well into the doublt digits more 1st downs than the guy we started in week 1 in a game that was NOT a loss.

If Taylor's stats on Sunday were putrid, what word do you use to define Peterman's stats?

You're utterly pathetic.

Peterman became the week 1 starter, but it's pretty clear he didn't have a very firm grip on that position.  You can pat yourself on the back for believing he'd be the week 1 starter if you like, but although the coach didn't say it in words, his actions today clearly said:

"I was wrong!  Preseason fooled me!  Josh should have been named the starter!"

and the actions of both him and Beane over the last couple weeks have also secondarily basically said....

"Hmmmm… I wish we didn't trade Tyrod."

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 3:40 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

EDITFor the collective poll from the Summer ending September 1st on who would win the Summer QB competition:

479 votes cast.

31.11% were for Allen

45.51% were for McCarron 

23.38% were for Peterman

45.51% of the people who voted saw the guy they thought would start week 1 traded away.

23.38% of the board was correct.

The rest of us apparently gave our Head Coach the benefit of the doubt and thought he'd make the right choice   :flirt:

That is amazing, sad, and rather scary. Posters on a message board made better choices that our coach and his plagiarized "process,"  and by a large margin.

I always thought deep down that this would stop at some point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

He didn’t play well but had another 77 yards and a TD on the ground. He isn’t perfect but he is closer to Tom Brady than Nathan Peterman is to Tyrod Taylor. There is no (and has never been) a debate as to which of those two was (or is) better.

Moving on from Tyrod was fine if they were going to play Allen. They are now. Moving on to run that scrub out there though wasn’t a good decision. If Allen’s development isn’t stunted by going out there now it is non issue. If he gets broken because of this trash team it will be a massive mistake to not have Tyrod (or a serviceable vet). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He didn’t play well but had another 77 yards and a TD on the ground. He isn’t perfect but he is closer to Tom Brady than Nathan Peterman is to Tyrod Taylor. There is no (and has never been) a debate as to which of those two was (or is) better.

Moving on from Tyrod was fine if they were going to play Allen. They are now. Moving on to run that scrub out there though wasn’t a good decision. If Allen’s development isn’t stunted by going out there now it is no issue. If he gets broken because of this trash team it will be a massive mistake to not have Tyrod (or a serviceable vet). 

We all knew Nate was temporary 

the Josh Allen era has begun and I’m happy for it.  

Had TT stayed JA would still be sitting (maybe)

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We all knew Nate was temporary 

the Josh Allen era has begun and I’m happy for it.  

Had TT stayed JA would still be sitting (maybe)

That’s the point. If Allen is ready to go it’s fine. I was all for starting him but mainly because you didn’t have another option. I thought starting Peterman would be tragic (it was worse). If going out there now, with this garbage, sets Allen back it’s a huge mistake to not have a viable option.

Peterman does not belong in the NFL period. He’s an absolute and total scrub. They are forced to play Allen now even if they don’t want to. They should have been able to dictate his timeline like the Jets, Cards, Ravens and Browns can with their rookie 1st rounder. The Bills don’t have an option. That’s a mistake by the FO. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

That is amazing, sad, and rather scary. Posters on a message board made better choices that our coach and his plagiarized "process,"  and by a large margin.

I always thought deep down that this would stop at some point.

I bet on Allen being the starter because I just figured McDermott would have learned the mirage that is Nate Peterman last year.

His preseason was fool's gold, just like last season.

I just figured McDermott would have actually learned that lesson.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shame on me for believing McDermott wouldn't go with Picked-off-Peterman again.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Moving on from Tyrod was fine if they were going to play Allen. They are now. Moving on to run that scrub out there though wasn’t a good decision. If Allen’s development isn’t stunted by going out there now it is non issue. If he gets broken because of this trash team it will be a massive mistake to not have Tyrod (or a serviceable vet). 

Exactly.

16 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Wait...what is your point?  Are you saying the more important fact here is who was right when they GUESSED last spring who would START week 1 versus who was right on Nate Peterman NOT being an NFL quality QB?  

Seriously, gives a flying f**K about who made a 1 in 3 guess last spring that NP would start week 1?  What value does that give?  Those people who GUESSED that are absolutely WRONG in their assessment of Peterman as an NFL QB...just because he got the start does NOT mean they are right about Peterman.  The start actually PROVED every single person wrong who said Nate would start because he would be the better QB week 1 and win the job.  

I am laughing my ass off at all the people still championing guessing right he would start while ignoring just how embarrassingly wrong they were about Nate as an actual QB in the NFL.  Nate literally proved every single thing they said wrong and proved every single doubter correct in barely 1 half of football.  If I were you, I would NEVER talk about being "right" about Nate again because what you are really saying is you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to QB's because Nate isnt even a fraction of the QB those Pro Nate people were spewing about all off season.

My favorite thing about this is that most of the people ball washing Nate all off season were doing it simply because they insist Allen is a bust and hated the draft pick. 

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Wait...what is your point?  Are you saying the more important fact here is who was right when they GUESSED last spring who would START week 1 versus who was right on Nate Peterman NOT being an NFL quality QB?  

Seriously, gives a flying f**K about who made a 1 in 3 guess last spring that NP would start week 1?  What value does that give?  Those people who GUESSED that are absolutely WRONG in their assessment of Peterman as an NFL QB...just because he got the start does NOT mean they are right about Peterman.  The start actually PROVED every single person wrong who said Nate would start because he would be the better QB week 1 and win the job.  

I am laughing my ass off at all the people still championing guessing right he would start while ignoring just how embarrassingly wrong they were about Nate as an actual QB in the NFL.  Nate literally proved every single thing they said wrong and proved every single doubter correct in barely 1 half of football.  If I were you, I would NEVER talk about being "right" about Nate again because what you are really saying is you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to QB's because Nate is even a fraction of the QB those Pro Nate people were spewing about all off season.

My favorite thing about this is that most of the people ball washing Nate all off season were doing it simply because they insist Allen is a bust and hated the draft pick. 

Daniel-Bryan-YES-YES-YES.gif

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I don't understand why you're still trying to insult Taylor or find a silver lining regarding him. He has nothing to do with this team. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Now now.....there was also a small group of  "McCarron sucks and Peterman is much better" posters.

• Haha (+1) 2

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/why-josh-allen-is-fit-for-success-and-a-fit-for-buffalo

Why Josh Allen is fit for success and a fit for Buffalo by Chris Brown

PUTTING IN WORK

It’s 30 minutes before practice and Josh Allen is diligently going through footwork drills with offensive assistant Shea Tierney and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll. Allen is running his mental checklist as his feet are pumping up and down through the drill work.

Tie the feet in with the hands, keep my shoulders perpendicular to the line of scrimmage, keep the eyes downfield.

“He does process things well,” said Ryan Groy. “He has since the beginning. He knew he was going to have to bust his butt to get everything down as far as the offense goes and make sure he wasn’t behind the other quarterbacks. He’s not the type of guy who is going to repeat something that he messed up. He’s a confident kid who believes in his ability, and he should.”

As much as Allen didn’t let his successes go to his head, he also didn’t let his failures affect his confidence.

“You kind of go through trials and tribulations just by failing in practice. Understanding it’s okay to miss a throw or okay to miss a read,” he said. “You look at Peyton Manning’s first year in the league and it wasn’t too pretty, but he bounced back to become one of the best quarterbacks to ever play the game. It takes a special mindset to have that. I’ve been working on it every day through practice. I’m aware that if I make a mistake once, I can’t make it again.”

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:26 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Or because they jumped on the Peterman bandwagon last season because they hated Tyrod.  I just don't think you should ever allow yourself to be convinced by a Quarterback because he isn't the guy you hate.

I wasn't a Tyrod guy (didn't think he was awful but thought the Bills had already seen his ceiling), I wasn't a Josh Allen guy (think the kid is the best QB we currently have but still isn't the way I'd have drafted) and yet I have never allowed that to influence in any way what I feel about Nathan Peterman. You have to judge each QB on their own merits on the play they put on tape and on the field. Not on the fact that they are not that other guy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Or because they jumped on the Peterman bandwagon last season because they hated Tyrod.  I just don't think you should ever allow yourself to be convinced by a Quarterback because he isn't the guy you hate.

I wasn't a Tyrod guy (didn't think he was awful but thought the Bills had already seen his ceiling), I wasn't a Josh Allen guy (think the kid is the best QB we currently have but still isn't the way I'd have drafted) and yet I have never allowed that to influence in any way what I feel about Nathan Peterman. You have to judge each QB on their own merits on the play they put on tape and on the field. Not on the fact that they are not that other guy.

Perfectly said GB!! People wanted to believe in Peterman because he was the other guy. They also have a lot of trust in McDermott (more than any coach in recent memory). Whether or not that is warranted is a different debate it it is a factor. The same people that wanted Peterman last year doubled down this year. They advocated for him and he failed. They desperately wanted to be proven right so they convinced themselves that he was viable again this year. He failed. It is a combination of the grass isn’t always greener on the other side and human nature. People like to be right. The problem is that anyone being objective knew it wouldn’t work. 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This times 1 million.  Couldn’t agree more.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The idiotic Cult of Tyrod  nonsense was born out of the hate instead of realizing he was just Mr. Right Now instead of Mr. Right that the Bills hope they have in Josh Allen.   Anyone with a decent eye knew damn well Mr. Right was not Nathan Peterman.

• Like (+1) 2