77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

Which reporter will be first to go with the every Bills QB sucks angle?

I think they expect Allen to win the job. AJ was the last remaining FA QB and his contract reflects that. Peterman and AJ should be nothing more than speed bumps for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Let's evaluate this statement.  Why is McCarron the de facto starter?  Because of his four games of NFL experience?  Because he played lights out?  Because he was a highly rated draft pick?  The guy won a battle to become a free agent this offseason and then sat and watched every other free agent QB sign a big deal.  He's getting paid peanuts (relatively speaking) by the Bills.  He is a safety net, not the guy the Bills hope is starting.

If the #7 pick in the draft shows during OTAs and training camp that he grasps the offense the Bills would be fools for not letting him take the reins from the get-go.

Yep all that. Good job

I think McCarron starts week 1 and the entire season.  I think he surprises people and is this years Jimmy G.  Will be interesting to see what happens if Allen is lighting up practices while McCarron performs well during the season.  Two good quarterbacks.  Fantastic dilemma.  I know, seems like a long shot, but I really think this will happen.  

7 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

For all the optimism surrounding Josh Allen, I think it's gonna take a bit longer than OTAs and training camp to get acclimated to the pro level. I won't be upset in the slightest if he proves me wrong. So at this point, I gotta give the nod to McCarron.

I think he may have enough to win the QB competition BUT I would vote for whoever wins out number two to start the season.

My reasoning is that we have no idea how the offensive line will hold up they may require tweaking. 

PLUS - have no idea how the new plays and play calling will fare. 

I'd just a soon iron out all the wrinkles a bit BEFORE putting our Rookie under center.

14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I think McCarron starts week 1 and the entire season.  I think he surprises people and is this years Jimmy G.  Will be interesting to see what happens if Allen is lighting up practices while McCarron performs well during the season.  Two good quarterbacks.  Fantastic dilemma.  I know, seems like a long shot, but I really think this will happen.  

While that would be awesome, Jimmy G was a 2nd round pick  who was really young sitting behind a HOFer.

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Why?

You actually think McDermott won't just start the best guy?

Do we trust McDermott with qbs after the Chargers debacle?

I just have a lot of worries about a guy who struggles in the Mountain West playing in the nfl as a rookie.  I think it could crush him and the offense around him looks shaky at best.  

I voted AJ, mostly because that’s what I’m hoping for. I feel like Allen will need some time to get acclimated, but then, I’ve never even met the guy! It’s entirely possible that he is far enough advanced and has the mental makeup to play from the get go. I just hope they don’t throw him in before he’s (close enough to) ready.