77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

EDITFor the collective poll from the Summer ending September 1st on who would win the Summer QB competition:

479 votes cast.

31.11% were for Allen

45.51% were for McCarron 

23.38% were for Peterman

45.51% of the people who voted saw the guy they thought would start week 1 traded away.

23.38% of the board was correct.

The rest of us apparently gave our Head Coach the benefit of the doubt and thought he'd make the right choice   :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Thank you (+1) 4

I really would like to see Allen sit for the first 6-8 games. But honestly he is likely to look far and away better than the other guys in camp. Beane said something like "if you don't start the best guy you are holding back the team" or something like that. I think in the end they are going to have to start Allen because the entire team is going to see how good he is in practice. 

• Like (+1) 3

For all the optimism surrounding Josh Allen, I think it's gonna take a bit longer than OTAs and training camp to get acclimated to the pro level. I won't be upset in the slightest if he proves me wrong. So at this point, I gotta give the nod to McCarron.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

I'll be fine if McCarron wins it.

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

I think Allen has like a 55% chance.

McCarron has maybe a 35% chance.

Peterman has a 5% chance, if that.

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

#17 under center on Sunday, September 9th in Baltimore...

what say you?

If Peterman is starting week 1 then we’re in a lot of trouble this season. The only way I see him starting is if AJ and Josh are both out

• Like (+1) 1

I have an incredibly high degree of faith in this coaching staff, but given the losses we took on the o-line I honestly can't see how anyone believes that our starting QB doesn't spend half the season on his backside.  For that reason alone, I really hope that they don't start Allen this year. 

I’ve been of the belief that Allen needs time. The sense I get however is that the Bills are hoping that he’s ready early. He will be given every opportunity to play from the jump. I voted Allen because that’s what I think will happen. If he isn’t ready as early as they want McCarron will play until he is.

• Like (+1) 3

28 minutes ago, nikuman said:

I have an incredibly high degree of faith in this coaching staff, but given the losses we took on the o-line I honestly can't see how anyone believes that our starting QB doesn't spend half the season on his backside.  For that reason alone, I really hope that they don't start Allen this year. 

Have you forgotten to trust the PROCESS?

If you thought the Bills would draft Josh Rosen please don't vote. You are obviously out  of touch with what the new "Bills Culture" and "Bills New DNA" is according to Beane and McDermott. You are living in your "conventional wisdom" world and are no doubt proud of it. Allen IS Buffalo as Beane has clearly said although you refused to listen. I love Peterman but now love Allen more. He is MORE than a conventional talent for your conventional thinking. It WILL be Allen backed up by Peterman..........

Edited by tumaro02

In the end, you put your best players on the field. I think Josh Allen is the best QB we have. It will not surprise me if he is the Game One starter.

However,

if McCarron wins on merit because he has a fantastic Training Camp = GREAT!

if he is the game one starter by default = YUCK!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, tumaro02 said:

If you thought the Bills would draft Josh Rosen please don't vote. You are obviously out  of touch with what the new "Bills Culture" and "Bills New DNA" is according to Beane and McDermott. You are living in your "conventional wisdom" world and are no doubt proud of it. Allen IS Buffalo as Beane as clearly said although you refused to listen. I love Peterman but now love Allen more. He is NOT a conventional talent for your conventional thinking. It WILL be Allen backed up by Peterman........... Period.

Like your comment is the definitive word.

McCarron starts week 1.  And we should hope for the year, as it would mean he's playing well and it will give Allen time to learn

• Like (+1) 4

29 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Like your comment is the definitive word.

McCarron starts week 1.  And we should hope for the year, as it would mean he's playing well and it will give Allen time to learn 

There we go.... conventional wisdom shines again....

2 hours ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I think Allen would have to be absolutely lights out during training camp and preseason to get the starting job over McCarron 

Let's evaluate this statement.  Why is McCarron the de facto starter?  Because of his four games of NFL experience?  Because he played lights out?  Because he was a highly rated draft pick?  The guy won a battle to become a free agent this offseason and then sat and watched every other free agent QB sign a big deal.  He's getting paid peanuts (relatively speaking) by the Bills.  He is a safety net, not the guy the Bills hope is starting.

If the #7 pick in the draft shows during OTAs and training camp that he grasps the offense the Bills would be fools for not letting him take the reins from the get-go.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Yes.  Wisdom.  Try it sometime.

"CONVENTIONAL" = Like everyone else's wisdom. Don't have an "original" thought wisdom. Someone else's wisdom. You need to step out and think for yourself.

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

I'll be absolutely floored if Peterman wins it... I think he's more likely on the practice squad than under center week 1.

Allen is obviously the choice of this regime long term. Beane has questioned publicly the media perception of Allen as "raw." Dabol said he has a plan for him and was said to be on him like white on rice all rookie minicamp.

It just feels inevitable that the most talented QB who's already the Apple of McBeane's Eyes will win the starting job against one scrub with a noodle arm and one QB with some potential, 4 years on the bench and a handful of quality NFL starts, but also a guy who made it through the 1st wave of Free Agency before Beane finally settling on him.

The physical ability is there. The smarts are there. The experience under center is there. The work ethic is there.

what say you?

Is the other 5% Ryan Zapoticky?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

I think it's Josh Allen.

what say you?

A guy who made it through the first wave of free agency?...... like made it to day 2?... after he was awarded the right? I find it funny how people act like he was just sitting by the phone for weeks.  I don't think there's any chance they throw ja in the first 4 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1