Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

34 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I've stated here many times that I'm a Peterman fan. While I dont know if he's ready to be the starter, I do think he's gonna impress people this year. He's the only qb we have that has any experience with our current offense. McCarron might be good, he also might be terrible. As crazy as it sounds, Peterman is the most proven qb we have on our roster currently. Yes, 5 interceptions I know, but let's let by gones be by gones. Either way, I just want the best qb starting 

28 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's a new offense under Daboll, so he simply doesn't as a matter of fact.

Also, McCarron is more proven. He has had more NFL success.

Really would love to see this happen.  However, If it does unfortunately won’t be with us.  Allen is our long term plan, we trade away Nate and he then goes on to a long career as a starter.

• Haha (+1) 1

I cannot believe the narrow mindless of some Bills fans and i say fans with some disbelief. The TRUE Bills fan would want Peterman ,McCarron and Allen to  in a  contest for the starting job whereby there is a high level of progress for each one  and the coaches have trouble determining who is going to start. That said , i believe Peterman , if he beats out McCarron,, will start game one and McCarron will be traded. Allen will come in when he is ready..

Edited by Wily Dog
thought
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Nathan Peterman will win the starting QB position barring injury. He'll be much improved from last season.

Excited about Josh Allen as the starting QB, but Peterman is the guy people aren't talking about right now who will have everyone talking by the end of training camp.

He's worked on his mechanics, is said to have added velocity to his throws, has a lot to prove and is no stranger to struggling early in his career and picking himself up.

A little talked about fact concerning Peterman is that he's right up there with Allen as Bills QB's who've scored high on the Wonderlic test for those who equate the test to mental sharpness.

I still hold to the belief that Peterman was at the very least a third round prospect in his draft class.

Peterman will be the guy.

So this is how I have it panning out... 

1. Peterman

2. McCarron

3. Allen

With Allen at three for his protection as he starts out his young career.

Was one of the biggest Tyrod supporters on here til about March (don't know my CFB too well) when I realized this QB class can truly be special.

Peterman is clearly years away from being NFL caliber. For the Bills to even consider starting him after 6 picks in under 3 quarters would mean he would have to blow Mccarron and Allen out the water .. 

Mccarron is on another planet as an unproven bridge QB. Bills spent the 12th,53rd and 56th pick (I believe) on Allen,who is on another planet than Peterman as far as raw talent. Even the limited video of Allen at the rookie camp was impressive. He's 6'5  , moving like he's 6'0. More Cam Newton than Peyton Manning.  He's the present and future. 

10 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

I cannot believe the narrow mindless of some Bills fans and i say fans with some disbelief. The TRUE Bills fan would want Peterman ,McCarron and Allen to  in a  contest for the starting job whereby there is a high level of progress for each one  and the coaches have trouble determining who is going to start. That said , i believe Peterman , if he beats out McCarron,, will start game one and McCarron will be traded. Allen will come in when he is ready..

Of course it will be a competition. Sean McDermott is luckily our coach, that's how he runs the ship and I love him.

My question is what on Gods green earth makes you believe Peterman can even contend with AJ ? Based on NFL film, Nathan looks like he's multiple years away from being in that conversation. Nothing I seen from him gives me hope that he'll pan out....

Edited by JerseyBills

It's kind of amazing to me the amount of people who already "know" -- without a shadow of a doubt -- that Peterman will never amount to anything in the NFL. As if being put in too early in his career against an elite pass defense on the road was his fault. It's as if people don't believe players ever improve. They just stay at the same talent level that they display in their first start, I guess? Are people aware that Peyton Manning threw 3 interceptions in his first start? Or that he had more interceptions than touchdowns in his rookie year? How about Hall of Famer Troy Aikman? Just 9 TDs to 18 INTs in his first year as starter. What would you people have said about those two after their first years?

It's also amazing how certain people are that Peterman won't win the QB competition this Summer. Why is that so hard to believe? He has a year head start on Josh Allen in terms of learning the pro game. His physical talent level is about equal to that of AJ McCarron. All three guys are starting fresh with a brand new playbook. I find it hard to place realistic odds on who will win this competition, but I don't think Peterman winning it is outlandish whatsoever.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, vincec said:

I doubt Allen would be #3. The #3 QB won't be getting the kind of practice time and reps in the Bills system that he needs to develop. If Peterman beats out McCarron and Allen, which I doubt, then McCarron will be the #3 IMO.

I'll be worried if he can't beat Peterman lol

5 minutes ago, Logic said:

It's kind of amazing to me the amount of people who already "know" -- without a shadow of a doubt -- that Peterman will never amount to anything in the NFL. As if being put in too early in his career against an elite pass defense on the road was his fault. It's as if people don't believe players ever improve. They just stay at the same talent level that they display in their first start, I guess? Are people aware that Peyton Manning threw 3 interceptions in his first start? Or that he had more interceptions than touchdowns in his rookie year? How about Hall of Famer Troy Aikman? Just 9 TDs to 18 INTs in his first year as starter. What would you people have said about those two after their first years?

It's also amazing how certain people are that Peterman won't win the QB competition this Summer. Why is that so hard to believe? He has a year head start on Josh Allen in terms of learning the pro game. His physical talent level is about equal to that of AJ McCarron. All three guys are starting fresh with a brand new playbook. I find it hard to place realistic odds on who will win this competition, but I don't think Peterman winning it is outlandish whatsoever.

True great players have had shaky starts. But just from the tape last year he looks like Alex Smith at best. And I'm saying that if we ignore the chargers game. 

Chargers game he was the worst quarterback I've ever seen in a bills uni, like tossup between him and Tuel. Peyton Manning and aikman didn't look near as bad in their poor starts. 

First of all he looked like he didn't watch tape and took gameplan for a pass rush (throw a quarterback to a fire, he should expect fire). Secondly he made the dumbest decisions I've ever seen. And I try to stay away from hyperbole but it's true in my opinion.

To your point if he is his peak at Alex smith level, and the other guys can't beat that, then yeah he starts. And Allen is stunted maybe never gets better than that level and we're basically back to Tyrod Taylor standards.

51 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

The true fan is worried if Allen can't beat Peterman, but happy we have the best QB starting

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

25 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Chargers game he was the worst quarterback I've ever seen in a bills uni, like tossup between him and Tuel.

Billy Joe Hobert was worse. The max potential of his career is like Billy Joe, sitting on bench never getting a snap.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Billy Joe Hobert was worse. The max potential of his career is like Billy Joe, sitting on bench never getting a snap.

I've only been watching since the drought. I'll check out his tape lol.

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree with you.  Peterman has had successful NFL drives for scores,  he threw three bad balls against a great defense and embarrassed himself in LA but he is accurate and has a decent shot at starting.  We will carry all three this year on the roster.

Allen week 9 first start, Bears at Bills.

Honestly I would want Peterman to beat AJ because Buffalo is Petermans birthplace into the NFL. I just won't say it out loud often. He might be a bust but he's our bust dammit. 

Edited by Lfod

1 hour ago, SNICE said:

Really would love to see this happen.  However, If it does unfortunately won’t be with us.  Allen is our long term plan, we trade away Nate and he then goes on to a long career as a starter.

Erm, who do you think is the trade market for a 5th round pick who threw 5 INT in the first half of his first game?

I'm just saying that's probably great film for other teams to covet the guy and do a deal.

I just hope for am honest competition with the best man starting.  

Also, I hope that unless Allen is a standout freak they dont rush him into action due to his high draft slot.  

Best case is all are  so good they could win win any of the three.......