Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kirby Jackson

Antonio Brown almost drafted by the Bills

Recommended Posts

first Tom Brady now this......oh boy certain "fans" are gonna hold onto this one....

 

Ill be honest it does sting a little tho lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was a good decision for Brown

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Perhaps if Buffalo had called a few minutes sooner, Brown would have been a member of the Bills."

 

And Antonio Brown would not have been Antonio Brown.

 

Good for him.  He'd have been completely !@#$ed if he was drafted by Buffalo.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We already had our own Antonio Brown, and didn't want to confuse things.  

 

Keeping up with the Williamses was hard enough.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/05/antonio_brown_revisits_taking_draft_day_call_from_steelers_instead_of_buffalo_bi.html

 

FWIW, I think that he’s the best player in football. He’s better than Danny Batten.

Apples to oranges.  How many career sacks does AB have?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I 100% doubt the Bills passed on Brown because he didn't answer the phone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I 100% doubt the Bills passed on Brown because he didn't answer the phone. 

 

Happened with Rosen, so .....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Bills really didn't draft him because he didn't pick up the phone, that is Gomer Pyle-level behavior by Nix.  I find it hard to believe that this was the reason he wasn't picked. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Didn’t see this posted anywhere: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/05/antonio_brown_revisits_taking_draft_day_call_from_steelers_instead_of_buffalo_bi.html

 

FWIW, I think that he’s the best player in football. He’s better than Danny Batten.

"He's better than Danny Batten"  

Internet wins today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Antonio must have gone to mass that morning. Blessed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wouldn't have mattered, he wouldn't have had a QB to throw to him to make him the Antonio Brown people want.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s our turn to have some of these things bounce our way and payoff long-term! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We didn’t have a qb. Wouldn’t have mattered. He’d probably be on another team or out of the league by now. 

11 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Wouldn't have mattered, he wouldn't have had a QB to throw to him to make him the Antonio Brown people want.

Weird. Made my post and then looked two above it. Way too similar. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Nix passed on Russell Wilson for the same reason. Still can’t billieve we traded up for a WR that was suppose to go undrafted.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Woodman19 said:

Wouldn't have mattered, he wouldn't have had a QB to throw to him to make him the Antonio Brown people want.

 

36 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

We didn’t have a qb. Wouldn’t have mattered. He’d probably be on another team or out of the league by now. 

Weird. Made my post and then looked two above it. Way too similar. 

I don’t know that he would have become the best player in the league but he certainly wouldn’t have been out of the league either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

 

I don’t know that he would have become the best player in the league but he certainly wouldn’t have been out of the league either.

Tough to say. If Deonte didn’t happen upon the Bills and have those ridiculous games does he sign with the Cowboys? 

 

If he shows up on a team that has enough wrs ahead of him he may never make the field and show what he could do. 

 

Two part question... 

 

1. How many teams give their undrafted free agents a chance to start? 

 

2. Of those teams how many have a qb that passes to them? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I wonder if Nix passed on Russell Wilson for the same reason. Still can’t billieve we traded up for a WR that was suppose to go undrafted.

 

That was hilarious.

 

Myself and everyone I was with at the time thought for sure the Bills were drafting Wilson when news broke that we traded up.

 

The TV flashes THE BUFFALO BILLS SELECT...TJ GRAHAM, WR, NC STATE and I immediately break my television.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Tough to say. If Deonte didn’t happen upon the Bills and have those ridiculous games does he sign with the Cowboys? 

 

If he shows up on a team that has enough wrs ahead of him he may never make the field and show what he could do. 

 

Two part question... 

 

1. How many teams give their undrafted free agents a chance to start? 

 

2. Of those teams how many have a qb that passes to them? 

The best player in the league doesn’t fall out of the league. He may have just been a good receiver but there’s ZERO chance that talent failed. The cream rises....

 

1. Guys that play well

2. QBs pass to the best receivers on every single team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The best player in the league doesn’t fall out of the league. He may have just been a good receiver but there’s ZERO chance that talent failed. The cream rises....

 

1. Guys that play well

2. QBs pass to the best receivers on every single team.

Cream doesn’t always rise, not even close. Most teams in this league don’t do player for player trades. Some never will. 

 

We traded a struggling Kelvin Sheppard for an extremely disappointing Jerry Hughes. Think about how many players never got dealt to a suitable system, how many guys that could of blew it up never getting their shot. 

 

Happens way more than you think, whether it be system, compatible players, inept management. 

 

As much as skill matters luck plays as big if not bigger a part. 

 

Time and place means everything. Especially in a team game like football. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Cream doesn’t always rise, not even close. Most teams in this league don’t do player for player trades. Some never will. 

 

We traded a struggling Kelvin Sheppard for an extremely disappointing Jerry Hughes. Think about how many players never got dealt to a suitable system, how many guys that could of blew it up never getting their shot. 

 

Happens way more than you think, whether it be system, compatible players, inept management. 

 

As much as skill matters luck plays as big if not bigger a part. 

 

Time and place means everything. Especially in a team game like football. 

Let me ask it a different way. Do you honestly believe that Antonio Brown would have been out of the league if the Bills drafted him? If you really believe that I believe that you are delusional. 

 

Again, I’m not saying that he would have become the best player in the league. He may have been merely a “good receiver.” He might have had Emmanuel Sanders’ career. There is no chance that a guy with that ability was going to fail. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Cream doesn’t always rise, not even close. Most teams in this league don’t do player for player trades. Some never will. 

 

We traded a struggling Kelvin Sheppard for an extremely disappointing Jerry Hughes. Think about how many players never got dealt to a suitable system, how many guys that could of blew it up never getting their shot. 

 

Happens way more than you think, whether it be system, compatible players, inept management. 

 

As much as skill matters luck plays as big if not bigger a part. 

 

Time and place means everything. Especially in a team game like football. 

Jerry Hughes did not blow up like AB did either.

 

I think Kirby's point is HoF potential guys might have just been good players if they were stuck in bad situations.  Just like good player potential guys might have been busts if they were stuck in bad situations.  

 

AB on a bad team might have just carved out a solid career.  Randy Moss on a bad team might have been a good WR.  But they would never be nobodies.  Jerry Hughes on a bad team would be a nobody.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×