Music City Travesty

Looking Back  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who is mainly to blame for the loss?

2. 2. Who should have started at QB?

3. 3. Looking at the last play objectively, the correct call would have been

• A Touchdown.
    • Forward Lateral. Dead Ball. Bills should have won.

2 minutes ago, Soda Popinski said:

1996 again!   Chiliiiiiis baby back ribs!

In interest of staying on topic. Wheres the beef was 1984.....wow. I was 14! Also, cant comment on Chillis, never tried them. Im nore of a fan of mom and pops resturants then franchises. We went to a diner in Leads Utah called Papa Gus'. They had ribs sooooo good you wanted to take the bone home in a doggie bag to eat later

Just now, fansince88 said:

In interest of staying on topic. Wheres the beef was 1984.....wow. I was 14! Also, cant comment on Chillis, never tried them. Im nore of a fan of mom and pops resturants then franchises. We went to a diner in Leads Utah called Papa Gus'. They had ribs sooooo good you wanted to take the bone home in a doggie bag to eat later

Music city disaster I remember  well.  I was sitting with my late cousin at Outback.   We both worked there at the time and he said "if they call that legal this tv's going through the roof"    

Miss that guy.   Blame... there's plenty of that to go round .   I think it starts with meddling, and ends with lack of discipline.   

• Sad 1

58 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Where do you stand?

I chose "Other," because you don't have the players to blame.  The ST players are to blame.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

I defer to the Ph.D from UB who, at the time, did some sort of geometrical computer analysis and concluded it was a forward lateral.

At least that is what I remember happening at the time.

I did my own analysis- Wychek was behind the hashmark, the a-hole that ran it back was in front of the same hashmark when he caught the ball. That's all I need to see.

• Like (+1) 1

The ball is thrown directly over the 25 yard line. You can follow it the whole way. It still is a tough call to make, especially without HD cameras. It is too close to call, and even if the ball was more obviously behind the passer, it still would have gone for a touchdown. If it is too close to call, the call on the field stands.

Edited by wagon127
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Where do you stand?

Simple - coaching fail. 

1rst and 10 from the 23 with 20 seconds left, no TO’s, down by 2. You run the ball then spike it with 3-4 seconds left. Kick the field goal as time expires. 

Apparently Dehaven lobbied for this because his STs were hit hard with injuries. 

The Tennessee defense was stout. It was solid work by RJ to score 16. He outplayed McNair by a mile. Flutie wouldn’t have mattered, may have not even gotten them in position to win. 

Add undisciplined special teams not staying in lanes, also coaching -  Wade owns this one. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

1. Undisciplined ST led to the loss, which has to be blamed on coaching.  

2. Flutie should have started, its unheard of to be sat down for the playoffs in the manner that happened.  With that said, RJ came off the field having led what should have been the game winning drive

3. As much as we want to blame officials, there is not a stitch of evidence that the lateral was forward... replays show that there was a referee on the sideline with a near-perfect view of the lateral and he immediately indicated that it was legal.  Lets stop w/ the referee stuff on this one.

They blew it!

• Like (+1) 2

It was almost definitely a legal play.  Not sure it was quite definitive enough that they would've overturned it if it was ruled a forward pass on the field, but in no universe was there enough to overturn it after the call had been made.  The refs got it right.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Simple - coaching fail. 

1rst and 10 from the 23 with 20 seconds left, no TO’s, down by 2. You run the ball then spike it with 3-4 seconds left. Kick the field goal as time expires. 

Apparently Dehaven lobbied for this because his STs were hit hard with injuries. 

The Tennessee defense was stout. It was solid work by RJ to score 16. He outplayed McNair by a mile. Flutie wouldn’t have mattered, may have not even gotten them in position to win. 

Add undisciplined special teams not staying in lanes, also coaching -  Wade owns this one. 

Most have forgotten that the kick was on FIRST DOWN as you said, so it's 100% on Wade.  No one leaves time on the clock.  RJ lost his shoe and maybe Wade panicked but the FG should have been the last play.  Also, the Bills o-line had multiple backups playing and it should have been a great, grind it out  road win for the Bills.  Sigh.

they lost a road game on wild card weekend

the call was correct

boo frickin hoooooooooooooooooo

move on from Flutie, he wasn't all that much, stop worshiping him