Music City Travesty

Looking Back  

252 members have voted

1. 1. Who is mainly to blame for the loss?

2. 2. Who should have started at QB?

3. 3. Looking at the last play objectively, the correct call would have been

• A Touchdown.
    • Forward Lateral. Dead Ball. Bills should have won.

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

RJ won that game. Took us down for the winning score. Special teams blew it, and they looked unprepared for a possible throwback theefore I blame coaching

if Flutie would of started we would of lost way before the throwback

...or we're up by 9 and the game is over....lets not forget Robo played that 1st half pretty much the way he played during his illustrious Bills career....we'll never know?

3 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Bills special teams coach lost the game.

NO WAY. 

Who is to blame?   How about the players.  How about stay in your lane and defend the field.  There were several players that did not do this.  If they had the ball is either not thrown or a tackle is made.  

I wuz there{working in Nashville at the time], skybox, 45 Tn Yardline.  stadium thought it was a forward lateral until the refs decided otherwise.  simple solution, GPS chip in the ball and GPS tracking on the facade of the skyboxes, can track the LOS and the ball within fractions of an inch...

7 hours ago, ddaryl said:

RJ won that game. Took us down for the winning score. Special teams blew it, and they looked unprepared for a possible throwback theefore I blame coaching

if Flutie would of started we would of lost way before the throwback

A winning score in a game they didn’t win?

uh...ok.  

It was the Music City Miracle. What bothered me about it was how bad the Bills got caught off guard and that was the miraculous part, for the other team.

If the players had awareness it would have never went the distance. So because of that my favorite team deserved the loss for being caught off guard and I've moved on from it.

I'm more in present thinking about the 3 point playoff game. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

This poll shows how schizophrenic Bills fans are regarding this game.  80% of the respondents say that the last play of the game was a forward lateral meaning the Bills should have won.  So, 80% of you think Rob Johnson played well enough to win the game.  But when asked who should have started 80% say Flutie?  You're basically saying sure, Johnson got Buffalo to the last play of the game and the refs blew it for them but I'm willing to re-write the entire game with Flutie as QB in hopes of a better outcome.

Edited by Epstein's Mother

9 hours ago, KD in CA said:

A winning score in a game they didn’t win?

uh...ok.  

What was the score after the offenses last possession ?

that was the point.. comprehension is key here

It was a karma loss.  If the Bills made the decision to bench Flutie for that scrub RJ, it would dominate sports talk.  Such an idiotic move.  RJ sucked in that game like he sucked for most of his career.  We deserved that loss.  

Also, because I did in college, the loss is on the guy on kick coverage who’s job was to stay outside the hashmarks in case of a throwback or reverse.  It’s super boring most of the time but that’s why you have to respect your job all the time and not chase the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, billykay said:

So, if Tyrod is winning 3-0 & the other team scores a TD on the last series, then you would say that Tyrod "had done everything he needed to for the Bills to win".

1) not sure why tyrod is relevant at all other than to tap into sentiment around him and confuse the issue.  at least you got some likes out of it by mentioning him as a failed QB

2) in your scenario, if QB whoever walks off the field with no time left and only the kickoff remaining, then yes, i would think they have done everything they needed to do to win, hence my original post.  If he leaves the other team a series in which they can run plays to score a TD, then no, the QB didnt do enough

Edited by Bill Murray