Incognito's Retirement? [update: Now Released]

4 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Huge mistake. How do you play hardball with Boldin, then do this with Richie?

Bizarro.  I get that he played well here, but this is too much.

I don’t mind being rid of the dude but hate the message it sends— throw a fit and get what you want, be a professional and we will play hard ball. 

Itll be interesting to see how the league reacts to him. Does he get a deal for more money?  

There are 32 teams. Prolly five of those teams have an offensive line worse than Buffalo's. Richie will sign with someone. Amusingly, it will be around the same $ Bflo agreed to.

So by being a prickhead, Richie gets to undo a contract he signed, and then gets to choose his destiny.

Weak signal for roster discipline from the Bills FO. "Play enough games, we'll let you go."

7 minutes ago, Chicharito said:

Take this for what it's worth I was told by a security guard at one bills drive that Ritchie called the pegulas hammered one night and said a few choice words to them and he is 100% banned from buffalo bills property. 

Well, the janitor at OBD told me that isn’t quite how it happened. In fact, it was Kim and Terry that were gassed and called Ritchie up, ranting and raving at him. Ritchie took it hard and was offended by their hurful words and we are where we are at today because of it.

• Haha (+1) 2

Free agent OG Richie Incognito informed the Bills he will not retire before they granted his release on Monday.

Some teams in the Bills' position wouldn't budge after feeling a player turned his back on them, but Buffalo quickly allowed Incognito to move on and begin engaging other teams. Although he's a short-term fix going on age 35, Incognito is plenty capable of helping a team at guard. The Ravens with ex-Bills OC Greg Roman make sense. The Bengals could also use another upgrade inside.

May 21 - 4:41 PM

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t mind being rid of the dude but hate the message it sends— throw a fit and get what you want, be a professional and we will play hard ball. 

Itll be interesting to see how the league reacts to him. Does he get a deal for more money?  

Ass backwards.

No way anyone touches him for more than a mid level 1 year deal.  Especially with this latest instability.  Richie played himself, and the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

I really wish this woulda just died awhile back. I hate that he's ended this way and put such a sour taste in our mouths. he was honestly one of my favorite bills in quite some time and now I don't even know if I could stand to put his jersey on that I bought just last year. 

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I'm not going to trash (unless he goes to the pats*) him for his decision. he came here and turned his career around and played well.

wish him well

Classy ^^^

It’s hard to fathom why the Bills may have prompted all of this by seeking a pay cut with him.  Equally as hard to fathom why he would have agreed to it, then retired, then un-retired.  The whole situation is full of question marks.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Look, it is what it is. As long as he doesn't go to the Pats AFCE for that matter, I don't care. he has what 35? yea he doesn't have to much left in the tank anyhow.

"next man up?" who knows but I have confidence the Bills will handle the loss well

• Like (+1) 1

Wow.... I just knew he wouldn't stay retired, but damn that stubborn Bean. We should have gotten one more year from Richie had Bean & Co. not slapped him in the face with a pay cut. Had a very good year, thanks, here's two thirds of your salary for the coming year...

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Depends. If I work for Joe's Garage, then probably. Anything larger, unlikely.

Bosses number? Yes. 

The CEOs number?  that’s another story. 

McD is the boss. Pegs is the CEO. Huge difference. 

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm hesitant to judge this move as bad before we know all the details. We know from the Boldin thing last year that Beane doesn't let players walk all over him. I'm guessing there's something more to this story. 

I agree and my guess is the FO is happy to see him go and want nothing to do with him.

Another poster said something similar and added that the FO knows or made sure that Incognito is persona non grata with most clubs......

With Boldin, if he wanted to "unretire" we WANTED him

With Incognito, they were like, oh here ya go, deuces....

Says a alot about how they feel about Incognito and the players are "in the know" unlike us so I doubt this sends the "wrong messege"

• Like (+1) 1