Anybody else mad about our draft hats?

13 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Are you saying every time you look at that hat you don’t have a sudden urge to bbq a puppy on a rotisserie served with a raspberry Melba sauce? If your answer is “yes”, how can you call yourself a fan? Don’t even get me started on the third down train whistle. 

Enjoy your bells and whistles, I'll enjoy the game

22 hours ago, Rebel101 said:

Teams all have nicknames on their hats some refer to their fans such as the seahawks. I would much rather ours said Bills Mafia then Billieve

I hear ya, I've been so pissed since the draft, I was hoping that they would say, "I'm gonna go Bill-istic if they take Allen over Rosen!"

I generally pick up the draft hat each year but last year's hat was pretty boring and this year's hats just aren't for me. 

If you think the design on these ones are bad, phew, I used to work with a guy who had a friend that worked at New Era and every so often he would get "proofs" which are hats that were made and then one of several designs gets chosen to go into a full production run. The hats that don't get picked, I don't know if they become free game for employees but this guy would come up with a handful of (usually) Sabres hats and some of the designs on those things, gah. But then on the flipside, there were some that I saw with great designs that you wish they would've picked for the full run. 

24 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

We should have gone with BillsMuffia, that would be less gay.  

The way we play some times I would think muff would work. Bunch of candy ass pussies.

• Haha (+1) 1

On May 21, 2018 at 12:53 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Because not all of us signed up for the, ahem, “mafia”.

I hate that "Bills mafia" crap.

It strikes me as a term only used by non-Bills fans to describe Bills fans.

It's like saying Buffalo is in "upstate NY".  The only people who say that are people not from Buffalo.

On 5/21/2018 at 9:03 PM, Trogdor said:

Whole bunch of "get off my lawn" posts here. The mafia term is very popular with players, and Lord knows we need something to entice them. 

So players are going to want to sign with the Bills because of a stupid moniker?  Newsflash...there is only one thing 95% of the players care about when signing a contract...$$$.

Just now, LabattBlue said:

So players are going to want to sign with the Bills because of a stupid moniker?  Newsflash...there is only one thing 95% of the players care about when signing a contract...$$$.

Atmosphere is very important and there are numerous cases of players turning down big contracts to teams they don't like. The players love it and they talk about it all the time. 

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Atmosphere is very important and there are numerous cases of players turning down big contracts to teams they don't like. The players love it and they talk about it all the time. 

They may like to reference it on their twitter/instagram/blah blah blah, but it is in no way a factor in anyone signing here.

Player #1...I have two identical offers from the Bills and the Patriots

Player #2...The Bills have that cool saying..."Bills Mafia"

Player#1...You're right...why go to a team that is a SB contender every year when I can go to a team where I can tweet about the Bills Mafia.

LOL

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:09 PM, LabattBlue said:

They may like to reference it on their twitter/instagram/blah blah blah, but it is in no way a factor in anyone signing here.

Player #1...I have two identical offers from the Bills and the Patriots

Player #2...The Bills have that cool saying..."Bills Mafia"

Player#1...You're right...why go to a team that is a SB contender every year when I can go to a team where I can tweet about the Bills Mafia.

LOL

I used to work out with an ex-NFL player about 5 years ago who had a visit to Buffalo.  It didn't work out because we didn't offer enough.

He personally told me that he was interested in Buffalo because it was a college like atmosphere with the fans and loved that environment.  It wasn't the only factor, it was a position of need for us and he played that position.  But he did mention the fans.