2023, 2024 Super Bowls Awarded to ARZ and NOLA

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Interesting "We". I live in DC area and will never consider Washington "We" even though I have lived here since 1985.

Funny, I've been in DC for going on 9 years now, and my wife and I just had a conversation yesterday about wether we consider this home. I do, she doesn't (6 years for her). I think it's just the transient nature of DC. The "We" here are those that were born and raised.

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Interesting "We". I live in DC area and will never consider Washington "We" even though I have lived here since 1985.

It’s been 11 years for me. I’m from WNY but absolutely a part of the collective “we” for New Orleans. I will likely be here for the rest of my life and it’s the opposite of a transient place. You either are a part of it or you aren’t. I’d say that it was probably 3 or 4 years before I got that. I guess everywhere is different.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s been 11 years for me. I’m from WNY but absolutely a part of the collective “we” for New Orleans. I will likely be here for the rest of my life and it’s the opposite of a transient place. You either are a part of it or you aren’t. I’d say that it was probably 3 or 4 years before I got that. I guess everywhere is different.

My wife talks about retiring here which to me is absolutely worst place to retire.  

I understand her reasons - she has friends here and there is a Chinese community here -  but to me I moved here for work and work only.

I told her we will probably live in different places different times of year with fall in WNY.

5 hours ago, BrotherChazz said:

Funny, I've been in DC for going on 9 years now, and my wife and I just had a conversation yesterday about wether we consider this home. I do, she doesn't (6 years for her). I think it's just the transient nature of DC. The "We" here are those that were born and raised.

Lived there for 12 years.   I did think of it as home after a while, but it took a while.

DC has a very transient vibe totally devoid of a sense of community.  Not all big cities are that way, but DC is definitely one of them. 

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 2023, 2024 Super Bowls Awarded to ARZ and NOLA