Bills' OTAs Week 1 (May 22-24) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday

9 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Peterman has an extra year with the playbook 

McD seems intent on making Allen earn it.

Peterman is an angel.

It’s May.

playbook?

Who's playbook? 

17 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

Peterman getting all the reps. How come no one on here is freaking out about that yet?

He started a game on this team last year of course there gonna give him the reps at OTAs

Head Coach Sean McDermott Addresses Zay Jones’ Surgery, National Anthem Policy and QB Competition

Opening Statement: Alright, good morning. We’ll go ahead and get started. I’m going to start off with a little injury update: Zay Jones had surgery late last week on his knee. He’ll be out the remainder of this spring. Other than that, I don’t have a timetable for you at this point other than it was best for us to get this done now. It’s something [where] he had a little bit of an ongoing deal as he was rehabbing the knee and of course, he was additionally rehabbing the shoulder as well. From that, I’ll open it up to your questions.

McCarron-story-5-24.jpg
Three days in to OTAs and three days in to the open competition at quarterback. Josh Allen, A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman have spent that time taking reps, while learning Brian Daboll’s new scheme for the offense. Here are some of their thoughts on how they feel they’re faring following the first week of practices.

1 hour ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Why the hell do so many people call him Tremaine Edwards?? Is it really that difficult to remember his name, Tremaine Edmunds?? Lol I heard numerous analysts say Edwards since we drafted him

Same reason people was calling Dareus Darius.

I think it's interesting that most here don't want to believe that Peterman could end up being the opening day starter. Nobody on this roster, right now, is better than Tyrod (and no, I didn't want TT to stay on as the starter.) Yet, McDermott thought enough of Peterman to bench TT in the middle of the playoff hunt. That tells you what the HC thinks of Peterman.

Just because the fanbase has lost faith in Peterman after one start doesn't mean the coach has - and he obviously hasn't. If it was as clear cut as everybody on the board wants to believe McDermott wouldn't be giving Peterman a chance, he'd be giving all the 1st team reps to AJ.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MDH said:

I think it's interesting that most here don't want to believe that Peterman could end up being the opening day starter. Nobody on this roster, right now, is better than Tyrod (and no, I didn't want TT to stay on as the starter.) Yet, McDermott thought enough of Peterman to bench TT in the middle of the playoff hunt. That tells you what the HC thinks of Peterman.

Just because the fanbase has lost faith in Peterman after one start doesn't mean the coach has - and he obviously hasn't. If it was as clear cut as everybody on the board wants to believe McDermott wouldn't be giving Peterman a chance, he'd be giving all the 1st team reps to AJ.

The whole take on Peterman makes me chuckle a bit when I recall how folks are supposedly willing to let a QB develop. Right. We're cutting Peterman already over one half of football. Same as it ever was.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MDH said:

Which proved McDermott should stick to his area of expertise which is defense. 

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The whole take on Peterman makes me chuckle a bit when I recall how folks are supposedly willing to let a QB develop. Right. We're cutting Peterman already over one half of football. Same as it ever was.

Is that what you really believe?  We're not talking about some highly valued prospect.