Bills' OTAs Week 1 (May 22-24) - Practice Open to the Media on Thursday

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

It doesn't really mean anything at this stage anyways, but from the photos Peterman was lining up with presumed starters. They might have him penciled in as the starter on day 1 just because he was here last year. I doubt Allen will have a real chance to earn the job until training camp.

McCarron just had to pee. 

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Star is looking lean in those pics

That was my first thought as well.  He's not the traditional round you see in nose tackles.  

Seems like he's more a guy who can't move due to his strength and not just his size.  In Atlanta, we call it country boy strong.

OTAs are voluntary, I get that, but does anyone know who has stayed away, if anybody has?

Obviously, there can be good personal reasons,  there can be guys who are in rehab for injuries,

and guys with contract problems, but one would think with new coordinators, all guys would

want to be there to learn a new playbook.

3 hours ago, SWATeam said:

I don't see how AJ is viewed as a better prospect to start than Nate?  To me they have an equal chance with Allen being the clear favorite.

3 hours ago, JinxedBill1 said:

Exactly.  AJ played a few games and one playoff game.  It's not like he's an established Vet.  I think this thing is wide open with Allen and AJ being the front runners to start.

Are you guys serious?  AJ has shown a worlds more than NP in their respective opportunities.  I am in no way a NP hater, I liked the draft pick as a developmental prospect.  But I am a realist.  He's literally done nothing to suggest he can be an NFL starting QB, let alone a decent backup.  He hasn't even played 3 quarters of NFL football and has 6 INTs.  The fan base here is enamored with a preseason showing that saw him ONLY complete 50% of his passes against 3rd stringers and guys who didn't make NFL rosters.  

This guy didn't do anything other than make a couple throws in preseason people wished TT would make...unfortunately he wasn't accurate and then became a total throw off his back foot dear in headlights the moment any pressure got near him.  

I will root for the kid, but for anyone to say he and AJ are about the same is beyond crazy in my book.  AJ was a big time winner and more highly touted prospect coming out of college, he showed lots of potential and played well in his NFL starts, and got to sit and learn longer.  And to be clear, I am not the biggest AJ supporter, but I think he is way ahead of NP.  

Does not mean NP can't shock and out play everyone this offseason, stranger things have happened.  But the odds of it happening are really low at this stage.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Are you guys serious?  AJ has shown a worlds more than NP in their respective opportunities.  I am in no way a NP hater, I liked the draft pick as a developmental prospect.  But I am a realist.  He's literally done nothing to suggest he can be an NFL starting QB, let alone a decent backup.  He hasn't even played 3 quarters of NFL football and has 6 INTs.  The fan base here is enamored with a preseason showing that saw him ONLY complete 50% of his passes against 3rd stringers and guys who didn't make NFL rosters.  

This guy didn't do anything other than make a couple throws in preseason people wished TT would make...unfortunately he wasn't accurate and then became a total throw off his back foot dear in headlights the moment any pressure got near him.  

I will root for the kid, but for anyone to say he and AJ are about the same is beyond crazy in my book.  AJ was a big time winner and more highly touted prospect coming out of college, he showed lots of potential and played well in his NFL starts, and got to sit and learn longer.  And to be clear, I am not the biggest AJ supporter, but I think he is way ahead of NP.  

Does not mean NP can't shock and out play everyone this offseason, stranger things have happened.  But the odds of it happening are really low at this stage.  

I am serious, and don't call me surely.  I think NP is a long shot to win but to say AJ is a shoe in is out of bounds.  Again, the favorites for me are AJ or Allen to win it.

6 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

Only media availability this week is tomorrow's session.

jw

You mean you guys weren't camped out in the parking lot watching who did and didn't arrive?  :lol:

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I agree, Alpha7. He makes the team only because Mc/Beane drafted him so high and don’t want to look bad. I see nothing in the kid that could have him still in the League in 3 seasons. jmo 

He was drafted in the 5th rd.. is that considered high for a QB? 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, K-9 said:

You think he looks lean there, you should see him standing next to Vincent Jackson in a suit. 

Hahahahaha!!! Love this

Where are those Von Miller haters?